Platinum Achievers is inflated?

I noticed with one of my games, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs that the total number of platinum achievers statistics is listed as 5. However when you click on the trophy itself there are only two achievers. The total number of platinum achievers has been climbing over a few weeks but every time I look to see who those achievers are, I still just see two people. 

I don’t know if this mismatch is present in other games, but it’s noticable with games with a small number of achievers. I’m not sure what’s causing this- are hidden trophy lists being counted somehow perhaps?

• Like 2

A couple of things I can see might be happening.

1. The system hasn't caught up with new achievers yet.
  2. Players are being flagged and removed, but the system hasn't caught up.

This happens a bit for games with few plat achievers, but lots of cheaters (Power Gig is the one that I see a lot). Obviously, there might be other reasons, but these are the observations I've had.

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

A couple of things I can see might be happening.

1. The system hasn't caught up with new achievers yet.
  2. Players are being flagged and removed, but the system hasn't caught up.

This happens a bit for games with few plat achievers, but lots of cheaters (Power Gig is the one that I see a lot). Obviously, there might be other reasons, but these are the observations I've had.

Hmm that could be it I hadn’t thought of that. It’s my rarest trophy so I tend to notice when it becomes less rare and I was quite baffled by the constant climb in phantom achievers.

4 minutes ago, KhajiitWerewolf said:

Hmm that could be it I hadn’t thought of that. It’s my rarest trophy so I tend to notice when it becomes less rare and I was quite baffled by the constant climb in phantom achievers.

LOL. I have the exact same issue with the plat for Power Gig, so I also notice the random rise, due to hackers. Right now, there are 17 supposed achievers, but 5 of those are almost certainly people who were reported and dropped from the leaderboards.

Of course, in my case, I'm the one that reports them.xD 

Edited by starcrunch061

I don't think it's a matter of the system not having caught up. Class of Heroes 2G has had a discrepancy of ~4 players on the plat for as long as I can remember. So unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "caught up," I don't think it's a transient thing.

I've noticed this with 'Rugby League Live 3'  on Ps3 I'm the 2nd & last to achieve the Platinum (legitimately) but in the last few months there's be 3 phantom achievers that don't appear in the list of Plat achieved or in recent players... no where. It's really weird. 

Edited by BlackCatBurrito

36 minutes ago, Mako said:

Yep, Noticed this as well. It's been a week at least with 1-2 of these new achievers for the same game, also noticed it having 2 phantom achievers on another stack of the game.

Well there’s a thought- do these games with phantom achievers have different trophy lists for the same game? Perhaps psnprofiles aggregates the total trophy/platinum achievers accross all trophy lists? We’d need one of the admins to confirm that.

I think it could be a site bug because there are other games that have been like this for a while.

Luftrausers had 4 people reported and they have long been removed but the stat still shows 4 with 100%.

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/2470-luftrausers

An here is another one (Dragon Fin Soup):

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/4029-dragon-fin-soup

I’ve platted Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters which has 24 achievers but when looking at the leaderboards there’s only 19 people with the plat. I’ve been told this discrepency is because of cheaters. As far as I’m concerned these cheaters need their stats removed from the individuals leaderboards as well otherwise what’s the point in removing them from the inidividual leaderboards in the first place if they are still going to be inflating a games stats with their illegitimate trophies.

The inflated numbers are people with illegitimate trophies. Have a look here and you will see that the Dragon Fin Soup plat is unobtainable. Have a look here and you will see that although no one has the plat yet, the game page still says 5 people have obtained it. So it’s either a site bug or for whatever reason illegitimate trophies still count towards a games stats which makes removing said people from individual game leaderboards pointless in my opinion. @Sly Ripper could shed more light on this topic.

Another example:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2276-bandfuse/1-rock-legend

The platinum rarity is completley broken due to it only having 798 owners. Only one player have achieved the platinum legit making it a 0.13% platinum, however the rarity is now multiplied by 6 which makes it only 0.75%. This makes one of the hardest platinums ever acutally seem possible for an "average player". I messaged Sly about it a few months ago, but never heard back, so it's probably not a priority.

The sole achiever have actually "lost" his two rarest trophies, now they are barely in his top 50.

Edited by Bezenko

If I'm not mistaken it's because the stat doesn't actually update unless there's a new platinum/100% achiever that gets added and not immediately removed. For games with super low number of platinum achievers that don't have legit achievers often the number doesn't get properly updated often so holds a discrepancy for long periods of time. 

45 minutes ago, Gage said:

If I'm not mistaken it's because the stat doesn't actually update unless there's a new platinum/100% achiever that gets added and not immediately removed. For games with super low number of platinum achievers that don't have legit achievers often the number doesn't get properly updated often so holds a discrepancy for long periods of time. 

If that's the case (and I think it is too), then it would be a good idea if Sly implemented a full update to run every 3 or 6 months, to reduce the number of games with this happening.

I'm saying once every 3 or 6 months because while doing it is useful for accuracy of that data, it will probably stress quite a bit the server, since to do it, he would need to sync every single account entered in the site database + cross-check with the removed IDs list to completely erase them from the individual game lists and recalculate everything.. (well, that's the only way I can think to do it, but I'm no expert on that stuff..).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

3 hours ago, dmsleight said:

could it have anything to do with hidden trophies?  A player achieves it (legitimately or not), and later hides it, but the site still maintains the achieved trophy. Just a thought

It looks like all the people that are still being counted were removed for hacking, seemingly with really really high trophy counts. Does anyone see this happening to newer games?

53 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Does anyone see this happening to newer games?

Quite a bit, but I'll hypothesize more than likely the newer games it happens with aren't because of the "new" game, but rather something else they were removed for, and none of their newer games count now.

1 hour ago, Sly Ripper said:

It looks like all the people that are still being counted were removed for hacking, seemingly with really really high trophy counts. Does anyone see this happening to newer games?

If it helps, for Tokyo Twilight Daybreak initially it was just me and one other achiever. Then a 3rd person got it and showed up, but I noticed the trophies were hacked. I reported them for a different hacked game (since Tokyo Twilight wasn’t giving the option). The instant they were removed, it went back down to 2 achievers in every location. Same thing happened with another hacker, 3rd player achieved, reported, removed, stats back to normal. But now there are phantom achievers one appearing at a time over several weeks with no new player reported as achieving it in the leaderbaord.

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

This has also occurred on Fight Night Round 4, which displays as 126 platinum achievers, the game currently has 115 platinum achievers: https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/131-fight-night-round-4?page=3 I'm not sure how long it has been like this. 

That should recalculate soon

Edit: it may be because missing timestamps aren't in the 100% club list but are counted towards the stat

• Like 1