Tomotakino's Chronology of Completion

TomoTakino

Wow it's been a while since my last update hasn't it?  I apologize as I've been running between loads of different projects, gaming and real life.  The Let's Play topics were doing really well (though they're slowing down lately) and I'm extremely close to platinum 200 and Xbox completion 150 (with some Switch thrown in there as well).  The last month also was overwhelmingly filled with RE, which kind of burnt me out on the series for a while.  It started with trying to get the RE0 plat (which I managed to do after some difficulty) as well as the RE3 plat two days after it came out (which has been covered above).  At the same time, I was also replaying RE1 on Xbox One.  I initially only wanted to rebuy 2 and 7 for the Xbox because my PS4 sounds like a aircraft turbine when I play them and I wanted to play them without having to turn the volume to concert levels.  But the other ones were on sale for a good price so I figured why not (btw, 2 runs buttery smooth on my One X but I do miss the lightbar showing my health or the controller speaker playing sounds).  I started with REmake (one of my favorites if not my favorite) and had an absolute blast with it.  After completing RE0 and 3 on PS4, I moved onto Code Veronica X and it took a couple weeks to plat that (and a mere day to complete the list).  Meanwhile, I was also replaying the games in order on my Xbox for the story (while using my knowledge to make my PS runs easier), which was a nice refresher.  I got to RE5 Chapter 4 before I got severely burnt out with the series (I nearly finished RE4 on PS4 though).  5 isn't really a terrible game but I think it kind of suffers from an identity crisis where it wants to throw tons of enemies at you like an action game while limiting your resources like an RE game.  I'm taking a break from the series at the moment so I don't start to resent the games and I can still enjoy them later.  40+ playthroughs will do that though, even though I was having loads of fun for the most part.  But eventually I'll get that itch and return (most likely somewhat soon as I'm enjoying other games but part of me really wants to finish RE4).

During this time, I started really enjoying playing my Xbox again, both with RE titles and other ones here and there.  I was enjoying playing Forza Horizon 2 and several other games like Sims 4 (free with my EA access), Saints Row 1 (I just got 3 remastered on PS4 and wanted to catch up) and Phoenix Wright (I absolutely love those games). There are a few others I played but for the most part those were the heavy hitters I played the most alongside RE.  I occasionally played a few games on PS4, such as Jigsaw games with the wife (as we have really been into Jigsaws during the quarantine), but it was mainly RE games and a few other Xbox titles.  However, as I decided to put down RE for the time being, I saw that I was very close to 200 plats and had to quickly think of what I wanted it to be (and what I want PSNProfiles to show as my 200th, which will really be my 203rd).  Initially, I was going to say screw it and not do a specific 200th plat, just because the order of my plats isn't as important to me as most people.  But after some deliberation, I decided on Far Cry 4, as it was the first game my wife introduced me to and it was the last game I played before I married her.  The 203rd plat, which will show as my 200th on PSNProfiles due to my hidden trophy glitch, was initially going to be FF7 Remake.  However, as I thought about it, FF8 was, crazy enough, more meaningful to me growing up and it's still on my backlog so I will attempt that as my 203rd platinum trophy.  I will need a boosting buddy to get the co-op Far Cry 4 trophies but I need to reaquaint myself first and make sure I have those abilities first.

After deciding my 200th plats, I took a heavy focus on grinding out quick plats to get there so I can start playing Far Cry 4 again.  I did play some fun games before then (such as Adventures of Mana, a game that was on my backlog forever but one I wanted to finish so I could move onto Secret and the newly released Trials remake) but I did grind out some easy plats to quickly reach 199 (I'm currently sitting on 195 as of this writing).  I'll hopefully bang out a couple more and start working on Far Cry soon.  I was worried for a minute when my Vita stopped charging but it was just a faulty cord and after receiving a replacement, it's good as new again which allowed me to go back and get a lot of the POWGI plats I've been putting off.  I'm very nearly at 200 now so I should only need 4 more plats before trying Far Cry again.  Hopefully I can get there before July.

On a side note, I have been playing a lot of Switch lately as well.  I'm really enjoying the 2K ports (especially Borderlands) and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive has been amazing so far (not sure what all the hate has been about).  I also revisited Mario Odyssey and I'm quickly mopping up the remaining moons which is still as amazing as when I first played it in 2017.  I also have been playing some really fun games here and there on it, such as Mario Maker 2, Kuukiyomi, and Smash.  I also picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 since we are currently in the midst of watching all the MCU movies (and will start the X Men series after that) and that's a blast too.  My wife is a big fan of the Assassin's Creed games so I also picked up the two switch ports so we could play them together (as she mainly plays Switch).  I love the Switch, great system and it's easy to bring out and play with friends.  I just have to pick up a new memory card as I'm constantly deleting things to make room (especially with the 2K ports).

Sorry it took so long to update, this will be a long post with all the plats but I hope to keep on it in the future and not wait till I get 10+ completions again.

:platinum: #184 Adventures of Mana

April 30, 2020 (9:42 PM)

1Lcd4e46.png

I absolutely love Final Fantasy Adventure on the Game Boy and this was a hugely faithful remake to it.  It was beautiful and fun replaying it, but almost felt TOO faithful.  The game was well done but it felt really short.  In fact, most of my play time was grinding against monsters to get to 99.  I also had to reload an older save file after I accidentally trapped myself in a corridor between two locked doors with no keys and no way to get them (which was a flaw from FFA that never got fixed in this remake).  Still, this game was loads of fun and I still enjoy the tragic storyline and the action gameplay.  The music is extremely nostalgic too and the new Rising Sun track is so peaceful.  I love that they had the toggle for remade music and original.  I really do hope that they bring this game to PS4/Switch so Playstation can have all three Mana remakes (and Switch can have more than one).  Plus, I know it's very low chances, but I do hope one day Sword of Mana makes its way to PS in some way shape or form as I really enjoyed that remake too.  Still, great game even if it was short and slightly dated.  Can't wait to play Secret of Mana soon!

:platinum: #185 Lego The Hobbit (PS3)

May 3, 2020 (1:09 PM)

1L94636a.png

When I was completing my PS3 Lego collection, I managed to nab this from a Lego lot with a couple others I was missing.  My wife recently read The Hobbit and all three Lord of the Rings books so after watching the movies, we decided to hop on here and play through this game.  I had already finished the PS4 and Xbox One versions in the past, but this game was still a lot of fun and playing it with my wife made it even better.  Near the end, she did start to grow bored of the fetch quests so I mopped up the remaining quests (which wasn't much).  Hopefully she enjoyed it enough to play through Lego LOTR (which is one I still need to check off for the series completion).  I would recommend getting it for PS4 if you can help it though because the PS3 version froze several times on us while playing (almost consistently when I would check my trophies).  Still, great game and really sad the last movie never got the Lego treatment.

:platinum: #186 Jigsaw Zen

May 19, 2020 (5:34 PM)

1L8a5d49.png

One thing the wife and I started enjoying and really getting into during this quarantine was doing Jigsaw puzzles together.  As we began to wrap up our available Jigsaw puzzles, I was curious to see if they had any Jigsaw games on PS4 (I was a big fan of Puzzle Arcade for the 360).  Sure enough, there were quite a few and we ended up playing this one first and it really shocked me that it had a platinum (and an easy one at that).  The game itself is OK, we much prefer the traditional style of puzzles and not having a couple pieces that slot into place but the game was fun irregardless.  Plus it made for an easy plat!

:platinum: #187 Jigsaw Abudance

May 19, 2020 (7:14 PM)

1L744332.png

We ended up getting quite a few games because they were cheap and this was one of them.  And honestly, this one was a bust.  It wasn't even a Jigsaw but more "rearrange the pieces until you make the picture".  It was another one I was surprised had a plat and another super easy one but I don't recommend it if you're looking for a Jigsaw game.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #47 Jigsaw Solace

May 20, 2020 (10:07 AM)

Lff8b21.png

This was the same game as above but without a platinum.  Shuffle pieces to complete the puzzle. Not recommended unless you're looking for a simple completion.

:platinum: #188 Epic Word Search Collection (PS4)

May 26, 2020 (8:59 AM)

1L8754e8.png

Another casual game from LIghtwood Studios!  This one was interesting as instead of having separate word searches, you had four gigantic word searches with sixteen puzzles linked together.  And...I didn't like that concept after playing it.  Not only did they remove the multiplayer that made this fun with the POWGI version but the way they showed words was somewhat annoying.  As you move across this gigantic word search, words that are available in the section change as they show up in the puzzle.  Unfortunately, it doesn't show up when a decent portion of the word is on screen but rather when the first letter of that word shows up.  This caused me to search fruitlessly for words only to realize only the first two letters were on screen and I had to scroll in a different direction to find it.  This is a problem especially when words are backwards because if you're looking for spaghetti and only the backwards diagonal i is on screen, you have no idea where it is until you scroll the wrong way and lose it.  If they had organized it slightly better, such as dividing the puzzle into smaller quadrants and showed which quadrants a word is on, that would help immensely (for example, Cartographer goes from Jobs 1-1 to 2-2).  But it is an easy plat, I was just disappointed that I couldn't search with the wife and the words were popping up before they could be realistically found.

:platinum: #189 Puzzle Showdown 4K

May 26, 2020 (5:15 PM)

1Ld08e22.png

Out of all the puzzle games I completed, this one is closest to what I wanted which was a full puzzle experience with multiplayer.  While it doesn't have the full puzzle experience (instead giving people pieces and asking them to put the pieces into a defined area like Puzzle Zen), it was closest and we did enjoy it overall.  I like the fact that you can turn on scoring to see who is doing best with pieces and bonuses.  We'll likely continue playing this until we can find a better version but this one has been our favorite so far as we can play it together and it's semi close to a real jigsaw.

:platinum: #190 Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

May 27, 2020 (2:47 PM)

1L38105f.png

Another hidden object game I downloaded off Playstation Now and played with the wife.  I love hidden object games but they're pretty much a dime a dozen.

:platinum: #191 Music Racer

May 30, 2020 (12:21 AM)

1L4aa549.png

This game looked so cool with the 80s aesthetic and being able to race to your music (like Audiosurf on Steam).  Unfortunately, I soon realized that the game only lets you race to the built in soundtrack and the custom soundtrack feature was removed completely.  It's still an OK game but after a few runs to generic electronic music, I essentially left it on and kept hitting restart while I did other stuff.  It can be a fun game but the lack of custom music support kills it in my opinion (though I understand why Sony doesn't want people to load custom content off of USB drives).  Easy plat though after getting to 100K (which takes hours of playing).

:platinum: #192 Mixups by POWGI (Vita)

May 30, 2020 (7:39 PM)

1L668d6e.png

POWGI games are awesome, fun and usually have quick plats.  In this case, I picked up a POWGI game I started a while ago during a blackout and wrapped it up for the double plat.  Still highly recommend these games.

:platinum: #193 Word Sudoku by POWGI (Vita)

June 2, 2020 (10:41 PM)

1L7b8f3c.png

Another awesome POWGI game, another double plat.  I do recommend turning off the letters and doing numbers though.  It makes it a whole lot easier.

:platinum: #194 Word Sweeper by POWGI (Vita)

June 3, 2020 (2:44 PM)

1L71e8b9.png

Another awesome POWGI game, another double plat.  I have a guide up for you if you want that makes this game very easy.  Check it out!

:platinum: #195 Tic Tac Letters by POWGI (Vita)

June 3, 2020 (6:27 PM)

1Lff48d6.png

More POWGI awesomeness.  I meant to finish these a while ago but with me getting close to 200, I've been using them to get there quickly.  Still, check this one out!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, how's everything going?  It's been another month but I come this time with an exciting update.  That's right, I got platinum 200!  To be honest, I really didn't want to do anything for the 200th plat, mainly because even though I love getting trophies, the order I get them isn't as important as getting them.  Plus I didn't want to set a precedent because I don't intend to do special plats for 300 on, especially since my trophies are glitched hidden so I have to do two (for example, my true 100th was Diablo 3 but my public 100th is showing as Sims 4).  However, in this case I made an exception and decided to do special plats for 200 and 203 (my public 200th).

Outside of the 200th planning, I was playing the Ys games a lot last month as well as Stardew Valley with the wife (and even Diablo).  I also juggled a bit with RPG Maker MV on the computer (I'm finally importing the Japanese PS4 version cause I'm tired of waiting for it to come out here).  For the most part though, I'm still playing a lot of Switch games and the ones I played on Playstation were mainly Ys Origin and the plats leading up to 200.  Now that I got it, I'm likely gonna plat a few more games then start working on FF8!

:platinum: #196 Word Maze by POWGI (Vita)

June 29, 2020 (10:01 PM)

1L490d22.png

More POWGI awesomeness.  More double plats.  More quick plats to get me to 200 quicker.  Still, check this one out!

:platinum: #197 Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

July 1, 2020 (6:35 PM)

1Lf1d815.png

This one was a game I preordered because I loved the PS2 one back in the day but didn't remember much about it.  I'm an unashamed adult fan of Spongebob (though I did get some messages from work friends asking why I was playing this so much) and this game was really fun.  It plays a lot like a Banjo Kazooie clone (though slightly watered down) and I had a blast with it.  The visuals are gorgeous too and I always love collect-a-thons (which reminds me, I gotta go back to Yooka Laylee at some point) and the classic Spongebob humor is everywhere in this.  However, my biggest compliant is that they didn't get Clancy Brown to do Mr. Krabs (and a decent Ernest Borgnine impersonator).  Other than that, this is a great game, albeit repetitive, and I had a blast playing it!

:platinum: #198 Maneater

July 3, 2020 (2:19 PM)

1L661a78.png

I initially got this one for the wife, as it's totally her through and through.  Her favorite movie is Jaws, she loves open world games with RPG mechanics and she loves causing random mayhem and destruction which is this game in a nut shell.  Naturally, I played it too and it is a blast though very repetitive.  While the gameplay doesn't really evolve past "eat fish, find open world treasures and landmarks, kill humans, get and equip upgrades", it's still awesome and worth the budget price this game goes for.  While it's pretty short, if you enjoy chomping humans and getting crazy shark upgrades (like electric jaws) all to the tune of a hilarious narrator, you'll dig this one.

:platinum: #199 Edna & Harvey: The Breakout Anniversary Edition

July 7, 2020 (11:00 PM)

1Le965fb.png

Another Daedalic point and click adventure!  I'm really digging these PS4 ports of their games!  This one is a lot of fun but you can tell it was a bit earlier in their portfolio as you explore mainly a single map for the game.  Still, the humor on this one was spot on (though if you're iffy about light hearted jabs at mental health this isn't for you) and the gameplay was fun as always.  I nearly got stuck about 3/4 through when I couldn't get the guard to leave his post despite the guides online saying he was supposed to leave.  Luckily, the solution was simple but I spent a good hour looking for it.  I always highly recommend these games and this is no exception.  I hope that we get more from them (hopefully Whispered World).

:platinum: #200 Far Cry 4 (PS4)

July 16, 2020 (1:06 AM)

1L24bade.png

Plat 200!  This game was a blast!  However, it did start to get somewhat repetitive near the end but I loved the missions and the story.  The trippy, drugged out world was awesome too which made Yogi's missions really fun and exploring the map was awesome, especially with the wingsuit.  I still have a ways to 100% (I'm around 63% atm) and I have to do the DLC but this was an awesome game and I can't wait to play the next ones.  The reason I chose it for 200 was because my wife introduced me to this game and said it was awesome.  In fact, this was the last game I played right before we got married, which makes it pretty special (even though the story is wacked out and anti love for sure). Can't wait to try the other Far Cry games soon!

14 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

:platinum: #200 Far Cry 4 (PS4)

July 16, 2020 (1:06 AM)

1L24bade.png

Plat 200!  This game was a blast!  However, it did start to get somewhat repetitive near the end but I loved the missions and the story.  The trippy, drugged out world was awesome too which made Yogi's missions really fun and exploring the map was awesome, especially with the wingsuit.  I still have a ways to 100% (I'm around 63% atm) and I have to do the DLC but this was an awesome game and I can't wait to play the next ones.  The reason I chose it for 200 was because my wife introduced me to this game and said it was awesome.  In fact, this was the last game I played right before we got married, which makes it pretty special (even though the story is wacked out and anti love for sure). Can't wait to try the other Far Cry games soon!

Been on the fence about getting this while its on sale for $5.99 and after reading this I think I'll pull the trigger. Far Cry 5 is also on sale for $8.99 right now, so I'll probably get both. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 8:39 AM, Grotz99 said:

Been on the fence about getting this while its on sale for $5.99 and after reading this I think I'll pull the trigger. Far Cry 5 is also on sale for $8.99 right now, so I'll probably get both. 

Far Cry 4 was a really fun experience and from what I've played of Far Cry 5, it's amazing.  The intro was so powerful and they did upgrade a lot so I'm really digging the gameplay.  Hopefully you nabbed it and are enjoying it!

Hey guys, it hasn't been 2 months yet and I'm updating!  Wow!  I've revisited a few old games and wrapped up a couple of easy plats so I can work on my public 200th platinum trophy (as I've mentioned several times, several trophy lists are glitched and will not reappear on my profile despite numerous attempts to unhide them).  I popped back into ESO and despite the fact that I didn't enjoy it at first, I'm having a lot of fun with it now.  I managed to hit level 20 and complete several campaigns and even signed up for an ESO Plus which REALLY helps, mainly as it doubles the bank space and stores all of your crafting items in an unlimited bag.  Plus with the allocated crowns, I've managed to re-complete my DLC collection and pick up a few assistants so I don't have to worry about banking or selling items anymore.  This has had a tremendous effect on the fun of the game and I don't feel like I can't explore or take on quests anymore cause of my full pack/bank.  It's been a blast playing the game again and I'm really enjoying revisiting the game, even if I won't ever get all the trophies (and they're still permanently glitched hidden).

I also imported RPG Maker MV from Japan and, despite lots of negative reviews online, this game has been nothing but a blast.  Yes, there are a few hiccups and not being able to import custom assets or use plugins definitely hinders this version but it's by far the best console RPG Maker ever.  I spent thousands of hours making RPGs with RM2K back in the day and followed the series throughout the years and it's always been one of my absolute favorite series, despite it's negative reputation.  However, I've been really enjoying the PS4 version and my wife and I are making a game together using the software!  It's awesome.  I really hope the US version releases soon because I'd love to share some of my creations with my buddies and the PS4 version lets you upload, download and play games created with it on the internet.  You can even download a free player that lets you play any of the games shared with you or publicly posted online.  Definitely a $20 well spent and I will no doubt be enjoying this one for years to come (though I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the "All tutorials" trophy so if you have any tips, please let me know!).

I also managed to complete a couple of word game lists so I can start work on my public 200th platinum: Final Fantasy VIII!  This game meant so much to me as a teenager and I'm absolutely loving revisiting it.  Yes, it has a wonky magic system and an emo main character but despite all of its flaws, I love it.  I'm currently on Disc 2 and I honestly am shocked at how short Disc 1 was as I don't remember it being that short.  I've put in about 10 hours so far (with about 5-6 playing Triple Triad) and crazy stats due to card mod but honestly, it could have been because I used 3X speed for most of it.  All I know is I'm excited to play through more of this and revisit a gem from my younger years.

:platinum: #201 Epic Word Search 2 (PS4)

July 28, 2020 (10:30 PM)

1L57a801.png

To be fair, I wasn't a huge fan of the first one but it was still pretty fun and a simple trophy list.  So when I saw the second one was getting released soon (thanks to the trophies being shown early on this site), I wanted to pick it up and see if it improved.  To be honest, not a whole lot (it's mainly four new giant puzzles) but it didn't seem nearly as aggravating this time and was pretty fun.  Still, I recommend Word Search by POWGI instead as you can see each of the words instead of having them cut off due to the size of the puzzle but it's still fun irregardless and a short 1-2 hour plat.

:platinum: #202 Crypto by POWGI (PS4)

July 28, 2020 (11:45 PM)

1L77283a.png

What a unique game!  You essentially have to solve quotes by guessing which letters were replaced with which other letters.  For example, think of Al Bhed from Final Fantasy X and how it replaces letters (A=Y, B=P, etc).  You have to figure out which letters are replacing which other ones in this game.  Very cool concept, slightly challenging but fun none the less.  Another great POWGI game!  Keep em coming!

Just a quick update, I managed to complete FF8 after 4 days of playing.  I could have finished it much earlier but I was so hooked on Triple Triad, getting cards to boost my characters and get ultimate weapons that most of my 25 hours of playtime was cards (I had the 3X time multiplier going non stop).  I gotta say though, I haven't played this to completion in 20 years and I was hooked the entire time.  It was such a blast revisiting FF8 and if you can get over the wonky Junction system and kind of weird plot, it's great.

:platinum: #203 Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

August 1, 2020 (11:17 PM)

1Ldfd936.png

Oh man I loved every second of replaying this game and managed to get 100% (all GFs, Cards, Weapons, Side Quests, etc) on it for the first time since the early 2000s!  I used to love this game and, as blasphemous as it sounds, as a kid I loved this one way more than even the beloved FF7.  The graphics were way better, the atmosphere and storyline were awesome (and even though I think it's a little weird nowadays, still cool), the weapons and enemies were fun and the music was some of the best (I still listen to the 4 CD soundtrack, which was one of the first things I ever imported back in the day).  Heck, one of the first posters I ever put up with my wife in the house was one of Rinoa and Squall, just because this game meant the world to me as a kid.  And I gotta say, it still holds up and is a blast.  While I do miss Chocobo World (I grew up playing the PC version and later the PS1 version), the graphics look great and the boosters help tremendously (playing with 3X speed off was weird after a while).  Thanks to that booster too it only took me about 25 hours to complete (with about 10 of that playing Triple Triad and grinding cards for huge early stat gains) and I really enjoyed my time with this game.  If you want to get the plat, it's pretty easy (especially compared to the PC version achievements) and I highly recommend RoughDawg4's guide on PS3Imports (sorry PSNProfiles, I still love this site though!).  It's extremely likely I'll restart this game to play with the wife soon but that will likely be on the Switch as I imported the dual pack a while ago.  If you can get over the weird junction system and plot, I highly recommend getting this game.  This will likely show as my 200th platinum on this site, which I chose due to how important this game was to me as a kid, and it still is today and I'm proud to show it off.  Now hopefully, I can nab FF9's soon...

NOTE: The reason FF7 didn't have the same impact FF8 did was mainly due to my friend.  I didn't have a PS1 until 2001 (thanks to PS2's backwards compatibility) and so I had to play FF7 at a friend's house, who was on Disc 3 as I started playing it.  Within fifteen seconds of Aeris' introduction, my friend dropped the bombshell that happens at the end of Disc 1 on me and I couldn't get attached to the characters the way everyone else who played that game could.  Not only that, I came fresh from FF6 and it bothered me that you couldn't permanently learn magic and abilities like in FF6.  Still, the game was quality and I loved what I played, it just didn't have the same impact due to my friend spoiling it for me.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!  I've been juggling games here and there, playing a lot of games for fun and not focusing on completion for a while (occasionally I get like this after pushing for specific completions or too many in a row).  I managed to 100% Super Mario Odyssey in time for 3D All Stars (which I have preloaded) and I also played through Tony Hawk (which is freaking awesome) and RPG Maker (though I'm currently stuck on the map trophies, which are the last real ones I have to get).  I also switched jobs and I've been really busy with the new job so I haven't played as much lately as before.  But in the meantime, I did go back and complete both a game I've been meaning to play forever and a game I started but never finished!

:platinum: #204 Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

August 28, 2020 (12:04 PM)

1L6f8b5a.png

Senran Kagura was a series I had my eye on ever since I played Cyberdimension and Hyperdimension U, as they were made by the Tamsoft people and I found the gameplay very fun.  However, the extreme fan service made me leery of it.  And while the game does have copious amounts of fan service, I was shocked to find that the gameplay was very smooth and fun and the story was surprisingly deep for a game of this nature.  For example, Neptunia usually has an interesting story that devolves into pudding and eggplant jokes but this one had depth to the characters.  While the Hanzo side was a bit more enjoyable for me (I felt the character's stories were a lot more motivating than the Hebijo side), this was a very fun game and I plan to write a guide for it soon (just gotta wrap up the hidden scrolls section).  Very much looking forward to the next game in the series, which I believe is Shinovi versus!

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #48 Home (Vita)

August 30, 2020 (4:08 PM)

Ld1ba8c.png

I got this on PS4 back in 2014 when I first got one and I got the Vita version with it but for some weird reason I didn't complete it.  Even five years later, it's not a game I recommend.  The choose your own adventure style gameplay doesn't work very well in a horror scenario as "did I find a body" takes the scariness out.  Still, this was the last version and it's not terrible, just not recommended.

:platinum: #205 Megatagmension Blanc & Neptune vs Zombies

September 13, 2020 (2:11 PM)

1L6c6ade.png

The last of the Tamsoft Hyperdimension games.  I liked the premise and the high school setting was fun.  The gameplay was great too and the fact that the all lily rank trophy was gone definitely improved this game over HDNU.  However, it was very annoying farming bosses for treasure and rare parts drops.  Some treasures I got second try while ones, like the Dark Ring treasure, didn't drop even after four hours of grinding.  Not only that but daily missions with exclusive monsters you have to kill is somewhat annoying because if you miss a day, you have to wait (and from my tests I couldn't trick the system).  Still, it was a great game and I'm sad that this was the final Tamsoft Neptunia game.  Cyberdimension is still my favorite of the three but this one is close and it's very much recommended.

Edited by TomoTakino

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, it's been a crazy last few months!  To start, I've been hopping between platforms a lot the last couple months and enjoying some games rather than work on completions.  On Xbox, I really got into Phantasy Star Online 2 after finally trying it (I was big into PSO1 on Dreamcast and Gamecube back in the day) so I was logging in daily to enjoy that game on the Xbox.  I've really been enjoying playing that game, doing quests and the like.  So far though I dunno if I'm on a less populated server or people are less social but I haven't seen a lot of social people like back in the first game.  I join up with them to do exploration quests or raids but they usually keep to themselves.  Still, it's a blast especially for a free game.  I also was going hard on Xbox achievements since they had a rewards contest to get 10,000 gamer points and managed to do so with a lot of backlog games and game pass games.  I used the free money from that mainly to pick up currency and get some PSO2 perks.  I played a few games on Switch such as Super Mario 3D All Stars which I really enjoyed and Animal Crossing with the wife.

On Playstation, I was juggling a few games here and there.  I managed to beat Mass Effect for the first time ever and got about halfway through the second playthrough before taking a break.  I also fired up the Sly Cooper collection for the first time in a few years and made some good progress in Sly 2.  I also managed to beat and make huge dents in Crash 1's trophy list and got a good amount into Fallout 4, which I tried in 2015 but never got much further than the intro.  I also played a few other games here in there such as Superdimension Neptunia, Tony Hawk 1 & 2, Cat Quest II and Soulcalibur II (I guess I had a thing for sequels).

However, I had two major hardware issues since the last update.  The first was my Playstation 4, which was impairing my progress towards trophies.  I had gotten an error message a couple of times when playing new games that would restart my PS4 every time I tried to fire up the game but they would eventually work and stay working.  However, when I started Mafia Definitive Edition, I got through the first two chapters and only the trophy for the second chapter popped.  I tried redoing the first chapter several times but it wouldn't pop so I posted here and asked if it was glitchy.  It turns out, no, it wasn't.  The error code my Playstation was throwing was a corrupted trophy list error.  So I had to spend the better part of two days backing up all my saves, pictures, videos and user data to USB (and PSN plus where applicable) and delete my user profile, then resync trophies and licenses.  So far, everything has been working perfectly since then but my trophies for Mafia 1 are glitched and it irritates me.

Even worse, however, was my computer.  After logging into it, I started hearing a clicking sound.  After some research, I found that my hard drive was failing and I was in danger of losing 25 years of projects, pictures and data.  I scrambled to back everything up to my backup drive (which I mainly use for video editing and back up) but halfway through, the back up drive threw an error.  Thankfully, it was just a loose connection and after plugging it back in and restarting, I was able to start the backup process again and save everything.  I managed to pick up a new PC to replace it (it was an 8 year old computer and getting to the point of replacing anyway) but it was stressful and a headache.  Thankfully though, I can play PC games again, which I was leery about for years due to the aging hardware and everything loads fast, which is awesome.  I even got to work on some of my old school RPG Maker games, which I haven't done in quite a while due to my old computer lagging when I opened Steam.  Due to this, however, my reserves were a bit dry and I was not able to invest in a PS5.  However, I'm not in a huge rush to get one.  While it would be awesome, I don't want to fight scalpers and most of the big PS5 games aren't out yet or I'm playing on PS4 right now.  Plus I can wait while they work out the kinks.

At the moment, I'm playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody and I got back into Yakuza 0.  AC is awesome and beautiful and I love exploring and solving the puzzles so far.  Sackboy feels great (I didn't realize I missed LBP so much) and I like the jump to 3D but it would be a lot more fun with a buddy playing with you.  Kingdom Hearts is really fun (I love rhythm games) but it can be somewhat distracting and I miss notes at times.  Plus a lot of the songs I'm playing have been worn out due to my relentless exploration when 1.5 and 2.5 came out (still need to go back and get the plats for those).  However, Yakuza 0 is really capturing me again.  Every time I play that, I get so absorbed into it doing all sorts of little things.  I'm very nearly done with the Cabaret missions but I also completely wrapped up Majima's fishing (screw you Ghost Koi, took two hours of non stop fishing just to find you), partnerships and hostess recruiting.  I need to finish two more platinum hostess training and I'm done but I also unlocked nearly 15% of the completion list today.  I'm very much enjoying this one again though I may jump between the other three games depending on my mood.

However, despite me jumping between so many platforms I still managed to get some completions on Playstation.

:platinum: #206 RPG Maker MV (NA)

September 17, 2020 (3:20 PM)

1L599e2b.png

I imported RPG Maker MV a few months before this finally released, as this game had been delayed nearly a year and a half so I was prepared when it came to the trophies on this list.  Of course, I wasn't expecting a separate list but it worked out!  However, they did change one trophy (the tutorial trophy) as the tutorials were patched out.  The game itself is actually very fun and a somewhat decent port of the PC version.  Plus it has a few extra features and the ability to upload your game and share it with people, even if they don't own this game.  However, the lack of support for custom content and scripts really hurt the overall playability of the game.  Still, if you don't have a PC and want to create some PS4 games to play and share with your buddies, you can't go wrong with this game.  I wrote a guide for the site, but it needs some work before I can submit it.  Still, RPG Maker is one of my all time favorite series and I'm really glad it came back to consoles.

:platinum: #207 RPG Maker MV Trinity (JP)

September 17, 2020 (4:25 PM)

1L599e2b.png

I had imported this version and really was enjoying messing around with it prior to the launch of the overseas version.  The game is entirely in English (save for the patched out tutorials) but it takes a bit more work to get the platinum.  Most of the trophies on the list are easy but require some work arounds and the tutorial trophy is unobtainable if you don't have the physical version and can delete the patch.  Still a fun engine but I'm a bit sad the projects I was working on won't transfer to the US version.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #49 Jackbox Party Pack 2 (PS4)

October 16, 2020 (11:51 PM)

Lff5991.png

My wife and I spent countless hours playing this with family and friends since we first discovered it in 2017 and it's still a blast today.  Nearly all of these games are hilarious and worth playing with your buddies but Quiplash and Fibbage have better sequels.  Earwax is a hilarious audio version of Apples to Apples and Bidiots was always a hilarious take on a drawing game.  However, Bomb Squad plays like a watered down Keep Talking and No One Explodes and it tended to stress us all out trying to figure out how to disarm the bombs.  My final two trophies were for this game and even playing single player and pausing to stop the timer, I still would often fail and blow up, having to start over.  Still, after several hours and many hand drawn instructions later, I managed to finally get the final two trophies and complete this game.  We will definitely be playing some of these games in the future though.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #50 Jackbox Party Pack 7

October 18, 2020 (11:40 AM)

L26a1a2.png

Every year my family and I eagerly await the new Jackbox and this one has got to be one of our favorites.  Usually, we play all the games and have one or two favorites that we really enjoy.  But this one, pretty much every game is hilarious and awesome.  Our favorites have got to be Devils in the Details and Talking Points.  Some of the actions you do are hilarious and we always end up laughing as one of us creates havoc from acting out.  Talking Points usually makes us all laugh as we scramble to talk about a wacky topic and have a weird random picture pop up.  But honestly, Quiplash is an old favorite, Champ'd Up is a really hilarious game that has taken a few wrong turns for us and Blather Round makes us laugh, especially when we guess nonsensical topics like "Miley Cyrus" for an old book character, etc.  This one is an awesome pack and definitely one we will return to over and over.

:platinum: #208 Zero Strain

October 20, 2020 (4:27 PM)

1L056148.png

To be honest, I saw a friend playing this and it seemed like a cool game.  However, it was a rather bland shooter with only a couple levels.  Still, it was a very easy platinum and cheap and it wasn't glitchy, just an average space shooter.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!  Hope you all had a great holiday season!  I've been rather busy since the holidays and haven't had a huge amount of time for Playstation (which, to be honest, is why I haven't updated the thread in a while).  I've tried to play and beat a few different games from my backlog (Yakuza 0, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Cat Quest 2, etc) but so far I haven't been able to complete anything recently worth writing home about.  I have played a few games here and there though that were really fun and picked up a few new ones to try (Cyberpunk, Five Nights collection, Atelier Ryza 2, etc).  But despite the weak finish to the year, it's time for my yearly recap of 2020!

2020 Trophy Stats

• Total Trophies Earned: 1548
  • Total XP Earned: 56,070
  • Total Levels Gained: 29 (the level system changed dramatically this year)
  • Total Platinum Trophies: 36
  • Total 100% Games: 7 (5 PS4, 1 PS3, 1 Vita)
  • Total PS4 Platinums: 27
  • Total PS3 Platinums: 2
  • Total Vita Platinums: 7
  • 200th Platinum Earned: Far Cry 4 (PS4)/Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (Due to PSN hidden trophies glitch, Far Cry 4 is my actual 200th and FF8 is my shown 200th)
  • First Platinum of 2019: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Collection (PS3)
  • Last Platinum of 2019: My Name is Mayo 2 (PS4)
  • Favorite Platinum: Resident Evil 3/Doom 1993/Far Cry 4/FF8
  • Favorite Game of 2019: Resident Evil 3

2020 was not nearly as active as 2019 and this was mainly due to me hopping around systems and being caught up with life stuff near the end of the year.  I started the year dead set on beating every Zelda game (since I had just beaten Link's Awakening, Breath of the Wild and Skyward Sword) and I managed to beat Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time and most of Majora.  I also got sidetracked playing Stardew Valley with the wife on Switch pretty heavy in March (and firing up the Vita version).  I managed to continue my progress from the PS3 version of Borderlands and wrapped up the PS4 version of that game, finally starting Borderlands 2 for the first time since 2014(ish).  I'm doing pretty decently but I'm nowhere near completion.  I also started experimenting with other games on PS Now, such as Gem Smashers and Skyscrappers so I could pump up my platinum total (as I noticed I was getting close to 200).  Around this time, Doom Eternal launched and I got really into Doom, managing to beat Doom 64 and, to my complete surprise, Doom 1993.  This was a huge accomplishment for me as I love Doom 93 to death but I suck royally at the game so having a "Beat the entire game on Nightmare in co-op" trophy was ridiculous.  Still, I managed to fight through the entire game and pop the trophy and the plat, which is definitely one of my more proud platinums.  I put more time into Doom 2016 but I was starting to get distracted a bit.

Of course, one of my most anticipated games of the year released in April and that set me down a Resident Evil path.  I managed to complete RE3 in just two days (still love that game despite all of its flaws) and also completed 0, Code Veronica X and the HD version of it.  I was playing RE4 and got close to completion on PS4 (and halfway on PS3) but I got burnt out, mainly as I was also playing them on Xbox with some buddies (of which I managed to beat RE 0-4 and 3/4 of 5).  But the good thing about it was I started a brand new Let's Play of Resident Evil, which you can join at any time.  There are some awesome people there celebrating the series overall and you could win some awesome awards for completions.

My wife decided to listen to the entire Middle Earth quadrilogy on tape around this time so we started playing Lego Hobbit on PS3, which she really enjoyed (despite the game freezing constantly) but got burnt out exploring near the end so I wrapped it up after taking a break from Resident Evil.  I also went back and beat Adventures of Mana (since I preordered Trials of Mana) and was fully intending to finish Secret and play ToM but unfortunately that never happened.  I was starting to really get into doing Jigsaws with my family at the time though so I gravitated towards Jigsaw puzzle games that we could all play together.  Unfortunately, none of them were really that great but we had fun with a couple of them.  I also managed to play an old favorite, Spongebob, which my coworkers teased me relentlessly about and bought my wife Maneater (who is a huge Jaws fan) and managed to play the game myself and beat it.  Also at this time, Edna & Harvey's remaster came out and I was happy to get it (I do love Daedalic games, despite a few questionable storyline choices).  That's when I noticed I was at 199 plats so I buckled down with my wife, fired up her Playstation and she helped me get the online trophies done in Far Cry 4 so I could focus on completion.

The main reason I chose Far Cry 4 as my 200th was because of its significance.  My wife heavily suggested Far Cry 4 and it was one of the rare times she suggested a game I didn't know much about or hadn't played so I got it on sale and played it pretty extensively.  She liked that I took her recommendation and that she was able to help me out.  But mainly, this was the game I played before our wedding to remind me of her and calm myself down a bit so it had significant meaning to us both.  Of course, because my trophies are glitched and I have three hidden platinum trophies that I can't unhide, I also chose Final Fantasy VIII Remastered as my 200th platinum, mainly because that would be the one that showed up for everyone.  FF8 was one of my favorite games growing up and the game had a significant effect on me.  For the longest time, the only posters I had up in my gaming room were one of Mario and one of Squall & Rinoa (though I've since added Stein's Gate, FFX and Zelda posters) and FF8 was a major reason I met and befriended two of my best friends of 20 years.  Honestly, I would take a lot of flak for saying FF8 meant the most to me (even though FF7 and 9 are among my all time favorite games) but I also understand why so many people dislike this game.  But for those reasons, I wanted to make this my shown 200th plat (though if my trophies are ever fixed it won't matter).

After that, my trophy hunting slowed down significantly.  Partially because I was playing a lot more Xbox, partially because I was burnt out on trophy hunting and wanted to play some fun games.  However, I did manage to fire up Senran Kagura, which I actually found had a great story (despite all the suggestive content) and I wrote a guide for it, which is in the process of being rewritten to accommodate several suggestions.  I also finally finished Megatagmension for Vita and I'm currently playing Superdimension off and on while I wait for VVVtunia and the HDN1 re-remake to come out (I gotta find a PS5 first though).  I also finished RPG Maker MV, both the version I imported and the NA version I thought wouldn't ever come out and also wrote guides for these, but they're being rewritten as well.  The final part of the year was juggling several different games, trying to mop up old completions for Gretchen's "What is that still doing there?" event, finally wrapping up Yakuza 0's story mode and starting Kiwami 2 as well as using my wife's help to get several more online trophies.  Hopefully I'll have more time in the coming months to get some completions done as I'm working on a few tough ones (Dark Souls, Xenoverse, Yakuza 0/Kiwami 2, etc).  I'm glad that I managed to get some old games completed though (Jackbox and Home for example) as the Jackbox games are some of my favorites and I'm glad to have completed at least three of them now.  I did forget to update with the last platinum of the year though so here it is:

:platinum: #209 My Name is Mayo 2

November 28, 2020 (4:38 PM)

1Lfc7cba.png

You know the drill.  I did love the new stories though.  They were hilarious.  But it's still the clicking simulator it was in the past.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get some of these old games mopped up soon!  I'm hoping that in 2021, I'll finally wrap up Atelier Escha & Logy (or some other Atelier games) as well as Xenoverse, Dark Souls 1, Yakuza 0/Kiwami 2 + others and the remaining Jackbox games.  I want to hopefully get through some of my backlog this year (and hopefully get a PS5) though I am looking quite forward to RE Village and the rumored Revelations 3.  Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

Hey there!  Slowly but surely, I'm working towards my first platinum of 2021.  I'm not sure whether that will be Dragon Ball Xenoverse, which I just need to max out two trainers and get the super attacks in 45 more parallel quests, or Yakuza Kiwami 2, which I've finished all side content except 7 substories, the bouncer missions and the Majima Construction minigame.  It may even be Yakuza 0 as I only need to wrap up Climax Battles and finish a Legend playthrough.  Or, to be honest, I may just say screw it all and wrap up an easy completion like Cat Quest 2, Sly 2 or something like that.

However, Playstation released their yearly recap (unfortunately it seems I missed the Switch one, which I was very much looking forward to so I wanted to share them here!

Spoiler

V8XgPEA.png

P67lvtq.png

Ys20p8A.png

2Z7IhVb.png

rEzLWNQ.png

j2yQ4Di.png

d5IUFwN.png

5p5V2w3.png

pRipqnS.png

Some of these stats seem a little weird to me though.  I know I played Yakuza 0 that much (I loved that game and there's a ton of stuff to do in it) but I seem to be missing 2 trophies that everyone else said I got.  I also only saved $14?  I know for a fact that 21 games alone is worth more than that (unless it's talking about points earned).  But I just wanted to share my 2020 recap with you guys.  Hope you enjoy and hopefully I'll have something to update with soon!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!  I got my first couple of platinums for 2021 and they're awesome ones!  As you guys know, I'm a huge fan of the Yakuza series (please see my Let's Play if you're interested in the series too!) and I managed to wrap up not one but two of them!  I'm working on Yakuza 3 at the moment but it seems like it will be really tough compared to the previous three.  Still, despite everything, I'm really enjoying the game.  I love the whole atmosphere (though it is weird to see Kiryu in vacation-esque attire) and despite some clunkiness in the combat, I'm still really enjoying the game overall.  I hope that I can manage to complete this one (it will definitely be in my trophy case if I do) but if not, I'm still gonna enjoy this game.

:platinum: #210 Yakuza Kiwami 2

February 5, 2021 (7:28 PM)

1L485bd9.png

First platinum of 2021 and it's an incredible game!  I loved the upgrades the dragon engine brought to this game.  So many little upgrades.  I loved throwing people through windows and getting denied service or pushing over everyone's bikes in Sotenbori.  Having a large inventory was awesome and I really enjoyed the new EXP system.  Even having the Mahjong tiles show translated titles was awesome!  While there seemed to be a lot less content this time around, everything that was here was done really well.  The story itself was very interesting too but I would say so far it's my least favorite (though after the incredible ride that was 0 and the tie in that was 1, that's not saying much).  Highly recommended game and an amazing sequel.  I'm very glad I played through this one (and that Etsuko returned, that was awesome!)

:platinum: #211 Yakuza 0

February 8, 2021 (1:01 AM)

1L865212.png

My third Yakuza platinum and probably my favorite one so far.  While it took me over 200 hours to complete, everything about this game was a joy (though the Climax Battles were pushing it).  There's a lot here that made me nearly give up on the platinum (several minigame requirements, Climax Battles, Chapter 13 on Legendary, etc), it seemed like every time I grew frustrated enough to quit, I made some sort of progress towards the platinum.  But truth be told, I loved the story, gameplay and nearly everything about this game.  The story was suspenseful and epic for both characters, there was a huge amount of fun minigames (including making a chicken head of security for your Real Estate business) and it seemed like there was no shortage of fun things to explore or do in this game.  Yes, it's a tough platinum but it's one that I'm proud to have and I hope that I can continue my momentum through the remastered collection.  This game is a treasure that everyone should play through, even if you decide not to go for the platinum.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #51 Daytona USA

February 12, 2021 (7:43 PM)

L15bf55.png

On the rare occasions that my Dad and I would go to the arcades (usually when we went to casinos), we would play this game together.  My Dad wasn't a huge gamer so the games we played together were a select few but this one always stood out to me as I wasn't a huge Daytona or Nascar fan.  Still, the game was a ton of fun and crashing each other into walls as we scrambled to the finish line will always be a treasured memory of mine.  This port is an excellent port that is fun and the trophy list is a super easy completion (it took me roughly 40 minutes and most of that was hitting cones for the final trophy).  I do wish there was a bit more to this game now that I have a chance to play it more but it's still a classic and a fun game worth playing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Inuty said:

First yakuza Platin is the hardest! It's more like the souls series ;) the first one is hard and with each Platin you get used to the requirements for the platin. 

I think you can Do this if you already have yakuza 0 done!

Thanks for the encouragement buddy!  Yakuza 0 was actually my third platinum of the series (I started with Kiwami because it was cheaper at the time) but you're absolutely right.  It seems like when you go into each new game, you know what you're in for so it makes it easier.  I have yet to beat a Souls game though I am working on it (I love the gameplay at atmosphere so far, even if it's frustrating at times).  Also, I'm amazed that you have the platinum for the entire souls series too.  You seem to be really good at getting tough platinums!  But I appreciate your kind words friend, thank you!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

You seem to be really good at getting tough platinums!  But I appreciate your kind words friend, thank you!

Haha thanks, but i only play what i enjoy ;) has nothing to Do with though platinum or not, it really depends on my mood and i play a big Variation of game genres. Hard is normally something which is New to someone. You can get used to a lot ;)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, long time no see!  Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been hectic.  I started a new job in March and it was tough learning a new trade but I'm loving it and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it and get a more solid schedule.  I've been jumping between Switch and Playstation lately and across platforms, trying to wrap up some games in my backlog and trying some new ones.  I went back to Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires after reading part of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (I'm about 1200 pages in atm, started reading it on lunch breaks) and I played some old classics I enjoyed as a kid.  I actually knocked a couple of online trophies out of the way, thanks to some buddies I found on this site (thanks guys!) and managed to platinum NFS Most Wanted on PS3 (need a regular boosting buddy to get the others).  I would have gotten the Vita version too but I'm stuck on Needle Point (it's super tough on Vita).  I also got a house decorating game (mainly for the wife) but I really enjoyed playing it.

The biggest news is that I FINALLY found a PS5 at retail price!  I had been searching for months and came close a few times but never got it.  After working a serious OT day last tuesday (got off around 4 AM), I nonchalantly decided to check when I woke up to see if they had any in stock.  And just my luck, I managed to score a Gamestop bundle!  It managed to get to me on Sunday and I've been playing with it ever since.  I love it.  The features are so cool, the fast load times are amazing and the controller also blew me away when I first played Astro's Playroom.  I also got the 3D Pulse headset and it's so immersive.  Playing that game or Spider-man with it on is just awesome.  I also love that it's so quiet (my PS4 pro sounded like it was trying to reach 10,000 feet whenever I played anything on it) so that's amazing.  It does run pretty hot though and I wish the home was customizable like the PS4 (folders and more game listings) but I am super happy with the purchase (also it will take some adjusting to get used to turning it off by pressing and not holding the button).  Plus, on a very cool note, I have like 15 PS5 games already due to me purchasing last gen versions, such as RE8, Borderlands, Miles Morales, Sackboy, etc.  So I have no shortage of things to play right now.  There was also a slight glimmer of hope on my glitched trophies when it showed Vice City was hidden  but unfortunately, switching it back didn't do anything.

I also started the Mass Effect remaster and it's amazing.  I was trying to get the PS3 version done recently but the trophies are so much easier now on PS4.  Whoever designed the trophies this time around deserves a huge bonus, I love the way they did it.  You can actually platinum it in 1 run instead of three and the more difficult trophies, such as romances and insanity difficulty have their own separate list.  Seriously, major props to the devs for this trophy list, I will probably finish ME1 relatively soon (barring me getting distracted on PS5 games).  Here are the games that I managed to complete since the last update!

:platinum: #212 Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and Lion King

March 15, 2021 (3:47 PM)

1Le282af.png

I grew up with both of these games and it was a blast replaying them again.  Lion King was a bit harder than I remembered but still lots of fun.  I liked how you got multiple versions of each game and the trophy lists were very easy considering you can use passwords to cheese through the game.  But it was a fun little side game and a trip down memory lane (my wife especially loved it considering she loves these movies).  Rumor has it that Jungle Book will be released as DLC, which would be cool, but for now this is shelved.  Good games though and recommended if you want a nostalgia trip or an easy platinum.  However, if you're looking for a remaster or remake, these games are unchanged from their original version so keep that in mind.

:platinum: #213 House Flipper

May 1, 2021 (10:51 PM)

1L46882d.png

I half expected this to be shovelware-esque, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this game.  It was a lot of fun fixing up old houses and remodeling/decorating them and it gave me a "Viscera Cleanup Detail" feeling, which is one of my favorite PC indie games.  The gameplay was soothing in a weird way as you cleaned up trash and fixed the houses or did contracting jobs.  There are even houses that are references to real ones, like the Home Alone house or the Breaking Bad house which was a cool touch.  This is an oddly therapeutic game though and very relaxing.  I just wish there was more to do.  I even wrote a guide for the DLC, which I managed to complete as well but despite adding cool new features, it makes the game much glitchier.  I really recommend the base version, which is a lot of fun, but wait till you've finished it before getting the DLC.

:platinum: #214 Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3)

May 5, 2021 (9:47 PM)

1L8ff6a5.png

Ah, this game.  I loved this game a lot.  It reinvigorated me on the Need for Speed series and I spent a lot of time exploring Fairhaven and doing all the mini challenges and things of that nature.  I loved this open world, finding cars, hitting cops and the like.  While my initial run was on the Vita, I picked this one up to experience the DLC but this was my third or fourth run through this game, which made a few trophies tough.  But thanks to some people from this site, I managed to wrap up the online trophies in the base game and earn the platinum trophy!  I've since completed all single player content but I don't think I'll be able to get the rest of the trophies, considering how one requires at least 7 people.  But I really enjoy this game and I will likely fire it up still just to explore more.  The collectable trophies are still tough though considering how annoying it is to miss a single gate or billboard.

:platinum: #215 Astro's Playroom

May 23, 2021 (10:06 PM)

1Lc8e66a.png

My first PS5 platinum trophy (as it will likely be for a lot of new PS5 owners!).  This game was such a joy to play through.  I loved every moment of my time with it.  The nostalgia trip through Playstation history was so awesome and seeing so many cameos (such as MGS, Silent Hill or RE) was awesome.  This is truly a game you have to play to enjoy and experience first hand though, watching videos won't do you justice.  Feeling Astro move through the world on the controller is unique and so enjoyable and having the built in PS5 guide was incredibly helpful with finding a few stubborn collectables.  I would love a full fledged sequel to this game with more levels, history and artifacts.  Maybe worlds based on PSP and Vita?  Even if it's just DLC for this game, I would love to play through more of it.  Highly recommended and such a treat for a free game.  Very proud to have this as my first PS5 platinum.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  So between work settling in and getting a PS5, I've been able to focus on completing several games and I've added a bunch of platinums to the list!  I'm working on a couple still, such as Mass Effect, Demon Souls and Atelier Rorona but those may take a while as I get invested in the series.  In the mean time, here are my newest completions!

:platinum: #216 Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)

May 29, 2021 (2:36 PM)

1Lc59783.png

I missed Spider-Man the first time it came around on PS4 and when I got my new PS5, I had Miles Morales sidelined.  But before I played that game, I wanted to experience the original so I downloaded the remaster and played through it.  I really loved what Insomniac did with the game.  It was really fun exploring the city, seeing real landmarks and the plot was actually pretty good.  I really like how they handled certain characters and how lesser known villains got a chance to shine in this one.  My only real gripe with this one was the random crimes that would sometimes glitch out.  Before I even got the map working, the game would usually spawn a crime that I couldn't find even after activating the map or sometimes I would just get a random "We got it Spider-Man don't worry" without a notification popping up.  Still, I really enjoyed this game and 100% all DLC as well.  I hope Spider-Man 2 will be as good!

:platinum: #217 Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4)

June 5, 2021 (12:10 AM)

1Le87c2e.png

This was a short and sweet game that I really enjoyed!  It was just long enough to never outstay it's welcome, I loved all the new upgrades (such as the app for crimes or the venom punch) and the winter theme made it feel fun to explore NYC all over again.  I played the PS4 version mainly to autopop the PS5 version trophies but it was still awesome playing this game.  Slightly easier than the first game but it was pretty much an expansion pack to the game and well worth playing through.  Definitely another recommended game from Insomniac!

:platinum: #218 Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)

June 5, 2021 (12:16 AM)

1Le87c2e.png

As I mentioned above, I played the PS4 version so I could autopop the PS5 trophies.  Still highly recommended and exploring afterwards, the PS5 seems to make this beautiful game even better looking.  In the future, I probably will play through this version again in New Game + and replay this game as it really was fun.

:platinum: #219 Cat Quest II

June 6, 2021 (1:29 AM)

1L39b52e.png

This was an awesome follow up to an awesome game.  Somewhat short and a bit harder than Cat Quest 1 but a very fun game and I loved having a Dog as a second player.  The storyline also made me chuckle.  It's basically more of the goodness that was Cat Quest 1 but with more features and 2 player mode.  I really hope Cat Quest 3 comes out sometime soon.

:platinum: #220 Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

June 14, 2021 (5:51 PM)

1L5e6600.png (240×240)

Playing this reminded me of why I love this series so much and just how long it's been.  This was a fantastic game with fun gameplay and beautiful graphics.  It also made good use of the PS5 controller as well.  The story was a bit cliche but I enjoyed it overall and I really hope it doesn't take them another 5 years to make a sequel to this one.  Still, this was a very fun game and one that I will probably replay in New Game + a few times so I can max out my weapons and re-experience the storyline again.  A lot of people say this game is too short but I feel like it was perfect.  It wasn't too short but it didn't drag on.  Most people may want to wait until the price goes down a bit but I'm glad I got it and it's a very fun, highly recommended game.

:platinum: #221 Maneater (PS5)

June 18, 2021 (12:01 AM)

1L6a7bf8.png

This is still a fun, short game that's pretty fun but I feel like it didn't use the PS5 capabilities as well as it could have.  Yes, it looks fantastic and it doesn't sound like a jet engine taking off when I play it on PS5 but outside of a new skin it didn't really feel like much of an upgrade (especially when you can play the PS4 version on PS5).  Still, it was a lot of fun replaying this game and it was awesome that it was a free upgrade from the PS4 version.  Hopefully the developers make a sequel with lots of more content (and a higher level cap) but if you're looking for a fun game to unwind to that lets you eat some people as an electric shark, look no further!

:platinum: #222 Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone DX

June 18, 2021 (1:36 PM)

1Lce7d4e.png

Project Diva Future Tone is by far my favorite game in the series and one of the ultimate Miku packages.  How can you beat over 200 Miku songs with customizable modules and a variety of modes?  I originally imported the Japanese digital version thinking there was no way they'd ever license that many songs for overseas (of course, they did and I bought that version too) and I fell in love with the game instantly.  I even really enjoyed the Switch version (though I wish all of the songs made it over).  So when I heard that they made a physical version with all the DLC (minus the Megamix songs), I had to import it.  This is the ultimate Miku game (unless you really like Diva Room or Edit Mode) as nearly every song from every Miku game (minus Project Diva X) is in it.  They even upgraded the visuals on the PVs, which is awesome.  The physical version even comes with a platinum trophy which is super easy to get (mainly playing and taking photos of the DLC songs).  If you have any interest in Miku songs, buy this game!  You will not regret it as there is a ton of content and pretty much all of the top Miku songs are here.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody!  I always say it but it's been a while again.  Between a promotion at work leaving me busy to a bunch of stuff happening all at once (including a trip to the ER), I didn't have a lot of time and I wasn't trying for any completions (though I was playing some games sparsely).  However, things finally calmed down and I've finally sat down for some completions including one of my longest platinum trophies ever.

I've been playing some games sparsely here and there.  Diablo 2 came out and I've been loving replaying an old favorite (though the server issues are a bit frustrating trying to play with the wife on Switch).  My wife so far is digging it but her favorite will always be Diablo 3.  I also started going for the San Andreas completion again and I'm nearly done (I'm in Las Venturas now).  I'll have all three PS2 GTA plats done just in time for the rereleases so I can do it again >.>.  I also managed to knock out most of the online trophies for Tomb Raider but I need to set up a boosting match so I can finish them (I just need the ranked trophies).  I also hopped on MGS Peace Walker after discussing it with a friend (unfortunately I never beat it and always regretted it).  So far the story is OK but the gameplay is a lot of fun.  I also finally wrapped up Mind of Medan's first playthrough with the wife so I can start focusing on the trophies.  She very nearly got everyone alive except for a last minute mistake so I reloaded the save and fixed it.  It fit the October/Halloween mood pretty well which I always get into this time of year.  Fall is my favorite season and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I'm probably gonna play a lot more horror or scary games (or watch more horror movies).

I got Far Cry 6 and so far it's a lot of fun despite not being overly different from the other Far Cry games so far.  I still say 5 had the most intense intro of all of them but 6 was pretty crazy too.  However, it very nearly gave me a heart attack after I turned it off to see a green screen followed by the PS5 not booting up at all despite numerous attempts.  Thankfully, a factory reset fixed the issues (so far) but I would much rather redownload all my stuff than try to have a broken PS5 (especially the way the market is right now).  Plus, my phone remembered what I had installed so easy fix.  However, it didn't stop me from nearly tearing out my hair in frustration, especially since I have to replay Far Cry 6 from the beginning now (it didn't have a chance to sync since I started earlier today).

Thankfully, I have managed to get a few new completions, mainly in the last month or so!

:platinum: #223 Catlateral Damage Remeowstered (PS4)

September 18, 2021 (1:23 PM)

1L6e7768.png

Wow, nearly 3 months to the minute between completions.  Yikes.  Catlateral Damage was a cute, fun little platformer that my wife and I enjoyed a lot (though I can see why a lot of people didn't).  So when the "remeowstered" version came out, I was curious.  And to be honest, I feel like this one is two steps forward, one step back.  The gameplay is a lot more fun with different things to do and the goals mode was a lot of fun.  I especially liked that they had procedural and litterbox mode still to play a version similar to the other one.  I also really liked that it would cycle between unearned photos and you could buy them as well as the fact that upgrades stayed with your character.  But the energy system felt so limiting at first.  Sure, once you've got a few upgrades it's OK but starting out, you can barely go to the next room without draining half of your energy.  There was also a weird glitch where the 100% goal mode pictures trophy didn't unlock until I restarted the game, which also happened on the PS5 version.  Still, it was a lot of fun and an easy platinum no less.  Better than the original version for sure and I had a blast with it.

:platinum: #224 Need for Speed Most Wanted (Vita)

September 29, 2021 (3:31 AM)

1L20e3c2.png

One of my longest platinum trophies to date!  I started this way back in 2013 when I first got my Vita and barely completed it in 2021.  I had completed the online trophies with @AihaLoveleaf (thank you very much for your help!) back in April when I did the PS3 trophies and only really had the gold all races left to do.  However, I just could not beat Needle Point for the life of me.  The Vita's screen was too small and something always caused an issue (cop pulling up too far, jumping over the bridge in the last section, crashing into the offramp into the airfield).  It took me no less than 50 tries and I'm not exaggerating.  Finally, I managed to beat that race and the rest seemed to fall into place shortly after.  Though this was my first encounter with this game (which I really enjoy), after playing the console version, the Vita version is a lot tougher to just do pretty much anything (due to the small screen and loose joystick).  Still, a decent port and I had a lot of fun with it.  Thanks again to AihaLoveleaf for helping me get the online trophies out of the way.

:platinum: #225 Catlateral Damage Remeowstered (PS5)

October 1, 2021 (12:24 AM)

1Lbe8671.png

The PS5 version feels pretty much the same as the PS4 version, just with HD rumble when your cat is purring which is pretty cool.  The 100% goals pictures still glitched on me the day the patch came out (not sure if it fixed this or not).  Still fun but the plat can be boring due to running the supermarkat level so many times for the object count trophies.

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/icons/complete-icon.png #52 Castlevania: Anniversary Collection

October 2, 2021 (11:52 AM)

L4e4c8e.png

I am super glad this collection came out, it's so much fun.  I love Castlevania old school and new.  I mainly played through this collection on Switch with my NES controllers (with the exception of Super Castlevania 4) where I played through each of them and loved each one that didn't wasn't named "Adventure" (though 3 is still unfairly hard, glad they included the easier Famicom version).  To be completely honest, I used passwords to clear each of these games (except Adventure) but this collection is still worth the play through if you've never played any of these games.  Also glad that they finally released the Famicom Kid Dracula in English.  This goes perfect with the Fall/October mood I've been in lately and had a blast going through them and finishing up the collection (though it should have had a platinum).  I'll have to play Advance collection soon but I hope they do more collections (I'd love to have the DS games as well as some of the odd games out like Chronicles, Vampire Killer MSX and Legends) along with a new game.

:platinum: #226 Far Cry 3: Classic Edition

October 11, 2021 (3:21 AM)

1L7dd7b9.png

I never got a chance to experience Far Cry 3 back in the day but man, I could have seen how this game would have been impactful.  Vaas was a cool villain and the story was actually pretty interesting.  However, this game petered off near the end to become somewhat of a chore.  I'm so glad that the game didn't require all Relics/Treasures as by the time I got the platinum, I was ready to move on from this game.  Eventually, I'll have to go back and 100% this game (I'm around 75%) but for now, this game is done and I'll be moving onto Far Cry 6.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone!  I hope you had a great holiday season.  Hopefully you enjoyed 2021 and 2022 is a great year for everyone as well!  I've been meaning to come back and update my progress but I've just been busy with other stuff (story of my life ha ha).  But before I post my long recap of completions, I want to do my 2021 yearly recap!

2021 Trophy Stats

• Total Trophies Earned: 1405
  • Total XP Earned: 49,410
  • Total Levels Gained: 29
  • Total Platinum Trophies: 30
  • Total 100% Games: 2 (1 PS4, 1 PS3)
  • Total PS5 Platinums: 7
  • Total PS4 Platinums: 21
  • Total PS3 Platinums: 1
  • Total Vita Platinums: 1
  • First PS5 Platinum: Astro's Playroom (May 23, 2021)
  • First Platinum of 2021: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4, February 5, 2021)
  • Last Platinum of 2021: Among Us (PS5, December 20, 2021)
  • Favorite Platinums: Astro's Playroom, NFS Most Wanted, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Atelier Ryza, Among Us
  • Favorite Game of 2021: Resident Evil Village
  • Let's Play Atelier Started: September 10, 2021

2021 was a year of change for me and a lot of those changes kept me busy and unfocused.  Early in the year, I managed to finally quit my job of 15 years.  I never realized just how BAD it was and how terrible I was being treated until I got my new job which really put it into perspective and solidified my choice.  It was somewhat stressful learning a new trade after so long, however it was totally worth it as I really enjoy my new line of work, even if it left me with less time and energy for pursuing side projects.  However, 2021 was good for completing a lot of online trophies as you'll see in the recap.

I started off the year attempting to complete several really tough platinums.  I was attempting to wrap up Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 and get the last of the super attacks.  However, the heavy RNG stacked against you to get the drops really started wearing on me and eventually I moved onto other things (though I still really want to wrap this one up).  I also was in the middle of trying to wrap up two Yakuza games, 0 and Kiwami 2 as I had decided with the advice of the wife to simply play through the stories of the next game without getting too sidetracked in the side content.  However, I managed to wrap up both games around the same time in February and started Yakuza 3, which I am still working on due to how difficult the game/trophies are, though I've since beaten the story and moved onto Yakuza 4.

Around this time, I managed to fire up the PS3 and started enjoying Need For Speed Most Wanted again.  I found a couple of people on this site who helped me get the online trophies for it and the Vita version (thanks again guys) and started working towards completing it and Rivals (which I was able to self boost on PS Now).  Also around this time, I picked up a couple of games on sale including a couple that the wife would enjoy.  These ended up being Lion King & Aladdin (she's super into Disney) and House Flipper (as she's super into interior decorating).  Both games ended up being super fun (especially House Flipper) and we still play them on occasion.  I was also playing Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires as I was rereading RotTK at the time (I'm about 2100 pages in but taking a break) but it didn't really lead to anywhere.

In early May, one of my most anticipated games came out: Resident Evil Village and naturally, I spent a lot of time on that game.  I'm only one trophy away from platinum but it's the stupid Mercenaries trophy and I really don't enjoy that minigame.  I was also juggling Kingdom Hearts, the Mass Effect remaster and Avengers which were all fun (I mainly played single player on Avengers) but didn't make any major progress with any of those.

However, in May, I managed to finally track down something I had been looking to purchase for months: a Playstation 5 (another major change in 2021 as I shifted my focus to it).  I absolutely love the PS5 even though I'm mostly just playing PS4 games on it.  But the increased speed and power as well as the fact that it's whisper quiet is just so great I'm really glad I was able to track one down without paying over MSRP.  Around this time, as you can tell, it really reinvigorated me to playing a lot of different games and I managed to complete quite a bit of games around this time.  I also managed to pick up Diablo 2, as it's my favorite in the series and the wife hadn't played it before, but we're still exploring and haven't played it much.  I also played a lot of ESO around this time due to the PS5 version coming out and enjoying it a lot (though it was really glitchy).

Thanks to the PS5, I was also able to self boost a couple of online trophies, namely in Tomb Raider DE and Jump Force (which is going offline in a few months).  I also was able to boost AC4's online trophies as well thanks to this method and a group from this site (thanks again).  I still have to wrap up Tomb Raider with a group though.  Around this time I was also playing some games on PC with some friends as well as some imported Miku games (as I was in a Miku mood).  I also played through Man of Medan a few times due to Halloween and played a lot of Far Cry as 6 came out.

The end of the year was mostly Atelier and GTA related.  Even though GTA is a glitch fest and crashes all the time, it's fun replaying the game again and the world looks phenomenal (not so much with the characters though).  I managed to start up a let's play for Atelier (which you can join and earn cool custom awards) and I managed to import some games from the series and wrap up a few completions (barely missed Ryza 2 though).  However, just three days before the year ended, I managed to finally find the other 'holy grail' in store: the Xbox Series X and the last part of the year was spent playing Forza Horizon 5 and other games on Xbox.

All in all, 2021 was a great year and a year of changes.  I started up a new let's play, tracked down both next gen consoles and had a blast, even if most of my time went to work and side projects.  I attempted to platinum a lot of difficult plats and only got a couple but I'm hoping I can turn that around in 2022.  Hope you all had a great New Years and hope everything goes great!

• Like 1

Because I didn't want to clutter up my recap, here's the updated platinum trophies I've earned since the last update.

:platinum: #227 Our Church and Halloween RPG Story One

October 14, 2021 (1:13 AM)

1La9cc20.png

I saw this game and immediately thought it looked cool and like an old school game boy game and purchased it and several other Breakthrough games, as they are easy completions.  However, when I fired up the game, I was super surprised at just how easy and how short this game is.  This game is a ten minute platinum which includes two and a half runs.  I expected the game to be short but not smash bros trial game short!  Seriously, there are two areas to this game and only one real puzzle and the game ends.  You barely get to know the characters at all!  I'm glad this was only 99 cents and it's definitely a super easy platinum but that's just insane.  This is just platinum fodder to be completely honest.  While I think the game could be cool if the devs worked a bit on it and padded each game out a bit, at this point you can get more time out of reading this platinum review.

:platinum: #228 Zippy the Circle Level 1 & 2

November 2, 2021 (11:24 PM)

1L1f963f.png

Another game by Breakthrough, another 10 minute platinum.  I like the gameplay, even if the text is preachy, but imagine if Nintendo sold every Mario level individually (1-1, 1-2, etc) and called it a game and it would be akin to this.  Just like the Church and Halloween story, this one barely gets started before it ends.  However, it's definitely more fun than Church and Halloween as there is some real gameplay here.

:platinum: #229 Zippy the Circle Level 3 & 4

November 2, 2021 (11:29 PM)

1L019758.png

Levels 3 and 4 (sold separately) and also completed in 3 minutes.  Fun gameplay but all the levels should have been packed together for 99 cents.

:platinum: #230 Zippy the Circle Level 5, 6 & 7

November 2, 2021 (11:38 PM)

1L592161.png

This time you get three levels!  Still only a five minute platinum!

:platinum: #231 Zippy the Circle Level 8, 9 & 10

November 2, 2021 (11:46 PM)

1L7b7769.png

This one took me five minutes as well.  But still a minute shorter than my last platinum!

:platinum: #232 Zippy the Circle Level 11, 12 & 13

November 2, 2021 (11:51 PM)

1Le371fb.png

The Zippy finale (or so they say).  Still roughly the same as the others only this time with a weird ending.  This one only took me 2 minutes!

:platinum: #233 ZJ the Ball Level 1

November 3, 2021 (12:00 AM)

1Lf57672.png

Zippy the Circle except this time, you're bouncing as a ball instead of jumping.  And you only get one level this time.

:platinum: #234 ZJ the Ball Level 2

November 3, 2021 (12:09 AM)

1La4665d.png

Level 2 this time.  These aren't necessarily bad games like Little Prairie Adventure but instead just extremely short games broken up into even tinier games.  Still, easy platinums.

:platinum: #235 ZJ the Ball Level 3

November 3, 2021 (12:13 AM)

1Lc83ca3.png

Three minute platinum.  I managed to get nearly 10 platinums in an hour, showing you just how short and easy these platinums are.

:platinum: #236 ZJ the Ball Level 4

November 3, 2021 (12:17 AM)

1L39fe7a.png

Don't worry, we're almost done with the Breakthrough platinums (at least, this run).

:platinum: #237 ZJ the Ball Level 5

November 3, 2021 (12:27 AM)

1Ld6328b.png

Ten platinums in roughly one hour.  If PS Rewards were still rewarding platinum trophies, this would have earned enough for $10 store credit.  The games themselves aren't necessarily bad (preachy, but not bad) but 2 minutes to get 100% completion is rough.  Had these been a collection of all levels (or even numerous games) I could have recommended it.  But instead, these are just 2 minute platinum padding and thinly disguised microtransactions that force you to pay to keep playing.

:platinum: #238 Atelier Ryza

December 16, 2021 (12:58 PM)

1L3e057b.png

This game is so much fun!  I know a lot of people were talking about just how awesome Ryza was and how it reinvigorated the series but after playing it, I can see why.  I love the new battle system, I love the visual recipe system for alchemy, I love exploring the world and getting quests (the night sky is beautiful in this game) and the story is pretty good for an Atelier game!  I can't recommend this one enough, if you like Atelier games, this one is a blast.  Even if you haven't played one, pick this game up and play it!  (Then join my let's play!)

:platinum: #239 Among Us (PS5)

December 20, 2021 (3:18 AM)

1L78c07d.png

Among Us has become a meme but honestly it's a lot of fun to play and I'm glad it came out on PS4/5!  At first, I thought this would never be a trophy list I would accomplish, due to it mostly relying on online multiplayer.  However, the game is crossplay with all platforms so I was able to self boost most of them by using the PC version (I did get several of them legit though).  There's also a glitch that counts tasks/kills in practice mode which helped me get the cumulative kills/tasks trophies.  The game is a lot of fun, especially with friends so I recommend it and this port is actually very good.

:platinum: #240 Atelier Ryza 2 (PS4)

January 12, 2022 (2:49 AM)

1L9557bc.png

First plat of 2022!  Everything I loved about Ryza 1 comes back in 2 with the addition of a sort of detective mode which I really loved.  The trophy list was a bit easier too as I didn't have to alchemize everything (though the secret boss kept me from this platinum for at least a week or maybe even two).  Altogether though, I loved Ryza 2 and all the new additions to the system and if you liked Ryza 1, you'll love this one too.  Highly recommended for everyone but make sure to play Ryza 1 first if you care about the story.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!  Time for another update!  I tend to wait until I have a few games to update the profile with (rather than post single game updates frequently) just for personal preference.  Lately, I've been both exploring older games I never finished in the past and I'm also playing newer ones as well.  For a while, I went on a sports kick (mainly because I was enjoying playing as custom teams with my friends, similar to how I did when I was young) but for the most part, I've been juggling older games I never finished with new games that have come out.  For example, I finally finished Dot Hack GU, a game I started on PS2 back in the day but never finished (as well as the remake in 2017) and I also managed to play through some Gran Turismo 7.  I also managed to wrap up ambulance missions on GTA 3 so I've been trying to double plat that one while also enjoying Elden Ring and Strangers of Paradise.

At the moment, my focus is mostly on Chrono Cross.  I had a love hate relationship with that game back in the day as I loved the atmosphere and music but hated the attachment to Chrono Trigger as it played nothing like it.  The ending especially put me off of playing through it again, mainly because I got so frustrated trying to link elemental colors together in a specific order that when I finally got it, I shelved it for nearly 15 years.  However, after playing Radical Dreamers in one sitting (that's still one of my all time favorites), I fired it up again and I've been loving every minute of it so far.  Maybe it's because my mind can finally comprehend the complexity and deeper tones of the story or maybe it's because I can finally distance the game from Chrono Trigger but I'm loving replaying Chrono Cross right now.

I've also been playing Lego Star Wars.  As you can tell from my profile, I'm a big Lego fan and I had this preordered for nearly two years.  So far it's a blast and I'm really enjoying the game.  It's quite a bit different than normal Lego games but I'm really appreciating the changes and differences, even if the story missions are somewhat lame.  But here's the completions I've managed to tack under my belt since January!

:platinum: #241 God of War (PS4)

January 31, 2022 (2:23 PM)

1L13ff8b.png

I was going to wait to play this until I finished Ghost of Sparda and Ascension but my coworker gave me so much grief for not playing this game that I fired it up.  Boy did I enjoy this game though.  While I'm not as familiar with Norse mythology as I am with Greek/Roman mythology, I still really enjoyed this game.  The cinematography was incredible and the gameplay was a ton of fun.  Of course, I loved just throwing my axe random places and calling it back to me a la Thor.  I'm really looking forward to Ragnarok now, especially with the twist at the end.  Highly recommended game (and free if you have PS Plus and a PS5).

:platinum: #242 MLB The Show 21 (PS5)

February 23, 2022 (1:46 AM)

1L8faf54.png

I don't play sports games often (mainly cause that's all I was allowed to play as a kid so I burnt myself out on them).  However, every so often I get a hankering to play one and this one came with my PS5.  After playing NBA 2K22 and having a blast with my custom team of friends, I fired this one back up and created a team of my friends and coworkers.  Thankfully, this game was also on Xbox Game Pass so I was able to cross play and get the trophies I needed (such as 10 pitches at the plate) so the rest were easy.  But I had a blast playing through and seeing my friends and colleagues rise through the ranks and hear the commentary about them.  I may play through The Show 22 (just because I had so much fun with 21) but we'll see.

:platinum: #243 Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises

March 20, 2022 (8:28 PM)

1Lb7e735.png

My wife and I love to play hidden object games together and we started this one a while back (I tend to buy these games when they go on sale just so we can play through them together when we get time).  I actually enjoyed this one a bit more just because there was the detective story and puzzles on top of the hidden objects (and you didn't have to play through twice).  However, the game is still very much a standard hidden object style game at it's core.  Fun if you're into those types of games but not different enough to recommend if you're not.

:platinum: #244 Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS5)

March 24, 2022 (2:50 PM)

1L58d465.png

When I first played the demo of this, I was curious as to why they would make a Final Fantasy 1 Dark Souls-esque game.  Especially as the game seemed to be edgy for the sake of being edgy.  But after playing through it, I can say I actually enjoyed it and how it tied into Final Fantasy 1's story.  Of course, if you never played Final Fantasy 1 you may not appreciate it as much but I liked the "twists and turns".  The end game is really grindy though so be aware of that.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to platinum this game due to the "beat everything on Chaos difficulty" trophy.  However, this trophy is possibly glitched and unlocks after completing a single mission on Chaos.  Even if this gets patched, there is currently an exploit that allows you to get level 300 gear without real trouble which will make that trophy somewhat easy.  Still, all in all, I really enjoyed my time with this game and I hope Team Ninja makes a follow up for it (possibly Final Fantasy 2 with Leon?).

:platinum: #245 Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS4)

March 24, 2022 (2:53 PM)

1L58d465.png

This version was autopopped due to the fact they patched in cloud saving.  To be fair, I could have autopopped this all in one go but I was worried about the chaos trophy so I autopopped that one after I unlocked it then autopopped the rest when I completed the game.  Still recommend picking it up if you're a Final Fantasy fan as I enjoyed the setting and the different gameplay.

:platinum: #246 Dot Hack G.U. Last Recode

March 30, 2022 (12:45 AM)

1Lbc3160.png

I was a big dot hack fan back in the PS2 days but I never managed to finish volume 2 of GU.  After talking with a coworker, who is also a big dot hack fan, I fired this up again in an attempt to finally beat it (as he was the opposite and had beaten GU but not IMOQ).  I managed to take my time with each volume and 100% everything (including the books of 1000 and sidequests).  I really enjoyed these games a lot, even though a lot of the game boils down to "story/grind/tournament/story/ending".  I was also weirdly nostalgic while playing Volume 4, even though I never got past Vol 2 back in the day.  Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this game and I really hope the Switch version does well enough that they consider an IMOQ remaster/remake.  This also wound up being my most time consuming game according to my time tracker (230+ hours) but considering it's three full games and a fourth mini volume, I'm not surprised.  Highly recommend, it's a blast (and frequently goes on sale).