Episode 5 + whole story discussion

11 minutes ago, Zach said:

I only see episode 4 on the psn store. Let's discuss that.

NZ and Australian players seem to get store content slightly earlier sometimes due to time zones. The release date for episode 5 is officially November 7, which is tomorrow and that is currently the date for them :)

• Like 1

Just now, zadorvp said:

NZ and Australian players seem to get store content slightly earlier sometimes due to time zones. The release date for episode 5 is officially November 7, which is tomorrow and that is currently the date for them :)

I'm jealous. :( anyways congrats on first to get platinum @StingNWO. Well you're first as of now. :)  

Guardians of the Galaxy has definitively become one of my favorite Telltale games. I hope that there will be a second season, but it could probably take a while with Wolf Among Us in the pipeline and Game of Thrones currently on hold.

Little sad that Peter and Gamora didn't kiss or hug, as I managed to build the romance between them, but oh well. At least they are all back together and survived the big finale. At the end I chose not to revive anyone, because to make this kind of decision is just unfair. I saw all the endings and it doesn't really matter in the end, because no one is angry or jealous if you choose one in particular, but still it would've felt wrong. I have lost two loved ones and couldn't decide for myself, let alone for others, even if I had the power of an artifact like the forge. Why should Peter alone then have the right to choose his Mum or Nebula for example over Kamaria or Lylla?!

I know it's just a game, but it let's you think about those things. If it were real, what would you do? Anyway, it's great that they put all the different endings in, so whatever the player prefers is canon, which should always be the case.

I started out not liking the game but by episode 3 I was into it, drax successfully made me laugh every joke he spewed, I enjoyed every other character along with their story archs.  I ended up chosing nebula by how I played the game at the end.  This is probably my third favorite telltale game (and I've played them all lol) I have a little bit of renewed hope for telltale so hopefully they don't squander this.  This is the third telltale game that gave me an emotional response wether it was feeling sad or happy.  So many telltale games just give you an ending and don't make you think about your decisions quite like this one.  All in all I'd probably give this game a 7.5 out of 10, a few lazy details in the beginning and some bad voice acting along with some lazy animations throughout were the only things that bugged me personally.  

Probably one of the few TT games that had such overwhelmingly one-way decision making, because there's usually not this many "You and 93.7% of players chose this" in their other titles (while this one, it seems like a vast majority of the major decisions wound up like this). I guess not everyone wanted to be an asshole along with Rocket (I was 100% Gamora up to the big Drax decision in Episode 4, when she decided she hated me for doing it), but yeah... I think there was literally only one decision in the entire game that I was on the vast minority in, and that was when I forced momma Quill to go to the hospital instead of camping.

I'm somewhat curious about the outcomes of the characters, though, especially Nebula. I'm thinking of starting up a "jerk run" and being 100% Rocket on a different save file, and seeing if that alters any of the characters fates.

Edited by iamjax
  • Like 1

Loved the game so much. I was a huge fan of Batman (which was my first TT) and I knew I had to get this one too as I'm big on superheroes all around. My biggest challenge throughout the game was trying to keep everyone happy, which seems to be the main theme of GOTG iterations (like the movies for instance). Peter was witty just as usual, Drax is hilarious, Rocket's a douche, Groot is, well, Groot, and Gamora is HOT AF! I love how attractive her character design is in this game, because I'm honestly not a big fan of their casting choice in the movies. It's for that reason I tried my best to romance her LOL, too bad they didn't hook up by the end...better happen in Season 2 Telltale! All in all fantastic game that I'd give an 8.5/10. I wanted to ask how everyone's endings were? 

Spoiler

I chose to empower the forge and resurrect the celestial head to destroy the Kree. It was excessive but I just had to see what that would look like, even though I was expecting the entire damn thing to come back to life haha.