Pet peeve of mine in open worlds

UlvenFenrir

Dunno if im the only one but one thing ive noticed alot lately in open world games and ac origins is good at, is interupting dialogue whenever something “important” happens. Usually i try to ignore this but at the same time its really annoying. The dialogue just cuts off randomly.

anybody else feels this way?

• Like 2

Yeah, it's annoying. The other thing I dislike is when cutscenes or otherwise "important" events are interrupted by load screens. But hey, I'm no game designer, I have no idea how complicated it is to deal with all this stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's damn complicated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Dunno if im the only one but one thing ive noticed alot lately in open world games and ac origins is good at, is interupting dialogue whenever something “important” happens. Usually i try to ignore this but at the same time its really annoying. The dialogue just cuts off randomly.

anybody else feels this way?

It's incerdibly annoying. I haven't played this particular game, but this crap happens all the time in RPGs.

• Like 1

I share this pet peeve of yours, ruins some of the immersion that I get from playing video-games most of the time. This was actually quite a bad problem that I had when playing Skyrim, as something completely out of my control would pull me out of a conversation with someone else such as a vampire attack or dragon attack in a town I was visiting for a simple quest. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 0:22 PM, NettoSaito said:

Yeah.... When characters are talking most of the time I stand still, or walk far back behind them. As far as I know taking one more step will be enough to trigger a scene and cause me to miss another minute or so of dialogue :/

Exactly what I do too. Freeze until the dialogue is over. Especially in the Grand Theft Auto games, I would pull my car over before I got to the mission marker if there was conversion going on. I would get so mad when an AI car would hit us and interrupt the conversation haha. Sometimes it would just skip to the next part of the script without completing what was previously said.

• 1 month later...