Dessane's Platinum List

Dessane

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

Congrats on the Persona 5 plat! I'm playing it right now and with only 10 hours played can say it's the best game I've played this year. I can't wait to continue it. 

As for recommendations I would say Kingdom Hearts for obvious reasons :P.

I was leaning towards a Kingdom Hearts game, Tempted to knock out a few quick plats before jumping back into another 100 hour game haha. Thinking I'll knock out Chain of Memories since it is pretty universally called the weakest of all the KH games. I'm gonna get all those trophies from the event you just wait.

Yeah I think Persona 5 managed to be my Game of the Year this year beating out Horizon Zero Dawn. I was hooked on Persona, I think I barely slept that first week which was totally worth it!

• Like 1

So having got my Persona 5 Plat, I got to pick a character for my trophy from Dragon-Archon and they have done such an awesome job just take a look

NJd85Jx.png

As for what I'm playing now I ended up trying Transistor which I had played way back in the day and never finished. I'm not sure why I never completed it as I am really loving the game, I have finished my first play through and am planning to knock out the plat this weekend. Depending on time I will also be hoping to complete Life is Strange but we will see if I get timeto do that before heading out of town for New Years

• Like 1

Had a big weekend with parties a few hours from home but I still managed to knock out one last plat for the year and pick up an early start to 2018

:platinum: #31 :platinum:

L8b4842.png

I love games by Supergiant Games, Bastion was a beautiful game and Transistor was a great follow up to it. I'm always amazed at how well they can tell a story with so few characters and voice actors. Transistor has you playing as Red a singer from a futuristic town and the amount of story you have to go out of your way to find is what I loved about the game. It doesn't tell you all that much but by going to all the terminals you learn so much about the world and Red as well. There are some really nice touches that feel cool when you find them (you can order a pizza early in the game and way down the track if you find your apartment it will be there waiting for Red as an example). The combat is a simple concept that gets pretty deep as you start experimenting with it, though I ended up finding my setup and didn't really need to change from it much after that. It is a short game but you want to jump straight back into it as soon as you finish the story.

:platinum: #32 :platinum:

Ld80014.png

Like I've said before I do enjoy Telltale style games and Dontnod Entertainment has made a really special one. In games where you are reminded constantly that your actions amtter having the ability to rewind time makes a number of interactions very cool. Though it did just compound my anxiety of wanting every character to like me! Life is Strange was a great story and because I only slept a few hours New Years Eve the emotional turns later in the game really had some impact for me.

Overall a pretty (un)productive weekend for me. I've also started up Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and I'm enjoying it though the grind ahead looks pretty miserable. I'm also planning to play through Hellblade over the next few nights, if I don't wuss out.

Happy New Year

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 1

@Dessane you have a good list so far, and it's a shame that you don't have access to a PS3 yet. With that in mind, I would still be careful with certain games, especially ones that involve online, as developers might crack down on shutting off their servers. So if you are getting games for the PS3, make sure to get any of the online stuff done as soon as possible (and maybe the dlc, if any) so that you don't have to suffer with a profile that you cannot 100% (if you're going that route).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@Dessane you have a good list so far, and it's a shame that you don't have access to a PS3 yet. With that in mind, I would still be careful with certain games, especially ones that involve online, as developers might crack down on shutting off their servers. So if you are getting games for the PS3, make sure to get any of the online stuff done as soon as possible (and maybe the dlc, if any) so that you don't have to suffer with a profile that you cannot 100% (if you're going that route).

Thanks for the heads up :) It is something I'm keeping in mind for sure, hopefully I'll pick one up soon and I can knock out the games I want to before that becomes a problem

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Great job to knock out two platinums so quickly. Good luck on kingdom hearts and happy new years

Thanks mate, they were pretty easy ones but it is still nice to add a few trophies to the list :) I'm hoping to double my Plats this year so aiming to finish 2018 with 60 platinums which I don't know if I will make it but it is nice to aim high.

:platinum: #33 :platinum:

L3e44a9.png

When I was at Uni I did a course on mental health treatment. Part of that was learning about psychosis and how it can feel having voices in your head that are not your own. Hellblade does a fantastic job of bringing this feeling into a game. This game while short is just awesome, it is visually beautiful and the sound design is incredible. It was recommended that I play while wearing headphones and that was great advice. It makes the game so much more absorbing. 

A pretty short plat with at most 20 hours of play time but well worth checking out. 

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 3

Glad to hear you liked Senua! That one's nearing the top of my backlog list. And I've heard the headphone thing too... Not exactly sure how that works on the PS4. I have a really nice pair of corded headphones, but I assume you need something wireless. I should look into that. Or do a quick Google search right now. But we all know I won't.

What's next on your list?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Glad to hear you liked Senua! That one's nearing the top of my backlog list. And I've heard the headphone thing too... Not exactly sure how that works on the PS4. I have a really nice pair of corded headphones, but I assume you need something wireless. I should look into that. Or do a quick Google search right now. But we all know I won't.

What's next on your list?

I just plugged my normal headphones into the bottom of my PS4 controller Cassy, just an Aux cable, the port is next to your charging port :) if it is usb you can go into the console but that would put me too close to the tv.

Next up is looking like I'll be jumping between Pyre, Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. Starting Pyre today because it was on sale and I love Supergiant Games

:platinum: #34 :platinum:

La82a5d.png

I said it before and I'll say it again, I really love Supergiant Games. The games are always so different but have a good amount of similarities that I know I'll like it going in. Pyre is the biggest game of theirs yet and it is a really fun and at times challenging game. The game jumps between almost a visual novel where you can get to know your team before jumping into the game of Pyre which is like some form of post-apocalyptic basketball. I found the game part pretty tough but fair on the hardest difficulty but be aware that losing doesn't mean game over, it just affects the story.

On top of the fun game, Darren Korb was back to provide music for this game too. I loved Build That Wall and Mother, I'm Here from Bastion and Some of the songs he sang in Pyre really took me back to the first time hearing those two awesome songs. I was hooked on Pyre and ended up doing the plat in one day (I'm currently #2 on the fastest plats, oops) and more people need to give it a try.

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Nicely done on Pyre, I've not had time to play it yet, on Steam, but given my own positive experiences with SuperGiantGames's games, I'm optimistic.

They just make really good games in my opinion. Always different but with enough similarities to know you'll probly like them. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it

Just now, Dessane said:

They just make really good games in my opinion. Always different but with enough similarities to know you'll probly like them. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it

Thanks! ^_^. So I noticed you don't have a massive backlog of unfinished games, any plans to go back and finish up the trophies in some of the ones, you left unfinished?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James_Tonto said:

Thanks! ^_^. So I noticed you don't have a massive backlog of unfinished games, any plans to go back and finish up the trophies in some of the ones, you left unfinished?

Yes I definitely plan to, the problem is with my job I have more money than time so I end up buying more and more games that keep pushing back those older ones. I'm thinking after I pick up Assassin's Creed Origins I'll try to at least get the platinum on most of the games in my list. We will see how well that goes haha.

Planning to plat Mass Effect soon since I only have the one trophy to go and I keep meaning to actually play through the Last of Us. The problem is I am currently playing Fallout 4, Assassin's Creed Chronicles and Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 so there isn't a heap of time for others. I'll get there eventually I hope :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dessane said:

Planning to plat Mass Effect soon since I only have the one trophy to go and I keep meaning to actually play through the Last of Us. The problem is I am currently playing Fallout 4, Assassin's Creed Chronicles and Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 so there isn't a heap of time for others. I'll get there eventually I hope :P

Good luck with that. Sometimes getting that last one is more frustrating than all the rest combined. What I remember of The Last of Us was great. One of the games that made me fall in love with the system. I need to go back to it myself someday. Yikes on those you are doing now. Those are some long ones to try to tackle all at once. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Meant to update sooner but I've had a friend over from England for the last week. I've been playing a bit of Fallout and Assassin's Creed Origins when I can but it's been lovely just catching up with her. 

I picked up Gravity Rush Remastered since it went on sale this morning so I'm now starting my new aim. I intend to finish at least two games before I buy a new one to help me actually have a chance at playing all the games I own. We will see how long that lasts. 

Not related to games I picked up a ticket to see Green Day's American Idiot the musical next month which I'm stoked about. Wanted to see it for ages. 

Have a good January peeps

So Monday again, another week of work ahead (4 day week for us Australians!) but home to myself again so I should get some gaming in. I've been digging Gravity Rush so far, it is a pretty charming game though it has a habit of skipping dialogue boxes which is annoying.

Also as I mentioned last year I took part in the Code of the Elves event run by Toogie and he sent me through my badge for finishing the requirements for the event. I think it looks awesome and have added it to the trophy cabinet, Check it out.

dessane.png

• 2 weeks later...

So after a week of way way too much alcohol, I am back. I've been plugging away at Fallout 4 and Gravity Rush lately. Fallout has been pretty fun but I found the ending cinematic pretty underwhelming, compared to the older games it really didn't show much. Currently working towards the Brotherhood of Steel ending which shouldn't take too much more time. Gravity Rush is good fun, the combat is pretty simple but I have been enjoying the game overall. I'd say I'm about a quarter done with it but already have the second ready to go when I finish this one.

Outside of gaming I've been binging the second season of Dirk Gently on netflix. It is such a good show and more people should check it out

Couple of new games into the backlog, I'm glad I gave up on my goal of ever finishing it all because the way it's going that will never happen. Still working through Fallout 4 but also got given Gal Gun from a friend and have played through the story once, the rail shooter aspect of the game is actually pretty fun, the fact its about shooting school girls is odd but it shouldn't be too hard a plat. I'll come back to it at some point. My main game for this month is going to be Assassin's Creed Origins and I'm very excited to properly get into it.

Assassin's Creed is probably my favorite game series (either that or inFamous) so I've been looking forward to getting into it. If anyone has tips for it hit me up :) 

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #35 :platinum:

L50d97e.png

So this was a big game, the plat requires you finishing the story with each of the four factions but thanks to the guide on this site I was able to make strategic saves and get through without too much backtracking. Compared to the older games I was a little let down by how simplified the game felt in parts but I still enjoyed the game. Next up in our list is Assassin's Creed Origins which I've started but still have a long way to go on it.

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

:platinum: #36 :platinum:

L86b5aa.png

I'm a big fan of the Assassin's Creed games so I was really looking forward to getting into Origins. Initially I didn't love it, the combat just didn't feel like Assassin's Creed and the climbing was too easy but over the first few hours of the game I pretty quickly changed my mind. Origins is really solid gameplay wise and there is so so much to do in it. Sometimes a little too much when it comes to grinding out Old Habits but overall I never got sick of it which is always a good mark in a games favour.

Bayek was a great character and is probably one of my favorite assassins we have played as in the series. I did like all the nods at the series, some subtle ones (the origins of assassin's having one less finger) and some less so (the assassin order logo) but overall it felt like a really strong return to the series. I'm glad there was some modern day stuff (I know I'm in the minority there but I like it) and it all left me really keen to get back into the universe whether through the next Assassin's Creed or Watchdogs.

Next up on the list will be something very different, Going to fire up Psychopass Mandatory Happiness and knock that out for Toogie's event the Love Boat hopefully will be a relatively quick one. 

Have a good week everyone. 

Edited by Dessane
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So This past weekend was a long weekend in WA and instead of going away like I normally do I ended up hiding myself away for a weekend of chilling out and gaming. This means I have a pretty big update this weekend, check it out...

:platinum: #37 :platinum:

L8fa1f8.png

Yeah this game wasn't great, I played through the first play for each character as normal but then on the repeat playthroughs the story barely changed so I mostly skipped it and watched stuff on my laptop. From what people have told me this is a bad example of a VN so I won't discount the whole genre yet but it wasn't for me sadly.

:platinum: #38 :platinum:

Lb32b8c.png

I think the reaction this game got wasn't too fair, I really loved the older Mass Effect games but they were full of dodgy animations and bugs too. I played ME:A back when it came out but I didn't finish it at the hardest difficulty because I was planning on playing multiplayer. Due to a few things I never got around to playing the multiplayer back in the day so this had sat on  my list for quite a while. Thanks to Toogies Love Boat event I thought it was a good time to get back into the game and out of interest jumped into multiplayer. After a bit of playing I jumped into gold and got the final trophy in short order giving me a plat that was a long time in the making.

It's a shame we didn't get any DLC for this game because I would have jumped on it. Hopefully we see the series come back in a few years with a new idea to try again.

100%

L9aef39.png

I'm really looking forward to Far Cry 5 at the end of the month so to get myself more hyped I jumped into the Far Cry 4 DLC. It was great fun, kind of annoying to lose all your weapons and skills at the start of the DLC but you get it back pretty quickly. A really well made DLC and now I can't wait to jump into Far Cry 5 soon.

:platinum: #39 :platinum:

L0024ed.png

Rime was beautiful and a great experience the whole way through, the graphics were really lovely especially the rain effect in a later chapter blew my mind. Story wise Rime shows how to a game with no dialogue so well, I loved the story and had a number of woah that's what the story is about moments. Without spoiling anything the game is great at slowly letting you figure out what it is about. Definitely recommend this one.

So yeah like I said, a pretty big weekend. Fired up Nier to try it out and it will definitely be my #40, I've finished route A and loved it the whole way so will plug away at that for the time being. Have a good week

Edited by Dessane