Skyrim ViRGin

nikolistary

Just wanted to post thoughts on skyrim VR. 

Somehow I never played this game. I was 22 when it came out. I'm 30 now lol. 

I think it looks beautiful given the specs. The immersion is next level. That was my biggest hurdle. I'm so Fallout that the medieval setting bores me to tears. But that's the power of VR. I was swallowed into a beautiful world of splashing waterfalls and Brooks, staring up at borealises and sunsets with introspective choirs and music. It's quite lovely. 

This VR version exclusively needs to be played start to finish with 2 moves. It's very clumsy at first. But after 20 minutes it's back on the old bike. THERE IS FREE ROAM/LOCOMOTION!  So don't worry. After an hour I was super used to holding the left PS Move button to walk. It has a gyro and accelerometer in it so you navigate like a 1970s joystick. In a way it's vintage weird but totally doable. 

I can't see anyone but hardcore people re buying this game. But to the very rare people like myself that never stepped door into this world. My god what a great. 

The absolute best thing Bethesda can do at this point is mimic what capcom did with resident evil 7 and have all their future games optionally playable in VR. I have no interest in Fallout 4 bc I did absolutely everything. But Fallout 5 and ES6 should mandatorily implement this. 

• Like 2

Any motion sickness thus far? 

I played VR quite a bit but some games kind of gave me a headache after a while. Especially that stupid VR Worlds game where you roll downhill in traffic. The slower-paced gameplay of other VR games was much more enjoyable for me, so Skyrim could potentially be worthwhile to revisit.

I am amazed at the VR implementation. The graphics may not be fantastic and combat may be a little rough, but damn, the game is super immersive. It’s incredible looking up at your towering surroundings and interacting with NPC’s like they’re actually living beings. If this is just the beginning of massive interactive VR RPG worlds then I’m super excited for the future.

• Like 1

I've put in about 3 hours so far and am enjoying casting magic more than anything. BURRRRNNN!  Mwhahaha

I found Morrowind super boring and never touched another Elder Scrolls until now, but I'm enjoying this much more. It's more immersive, which for me makes it. But it's going to take some getting used to the UI. I keep mixing up which menus are which buttons, but I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much without using two Moves.

25 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I've put in about 3 hours so far and am enjoying casting magic more than anything. BURRRRNNN!  Mwhahaha

I found Morrowind super boring and never touched another Elder Scrolls until now, but I'm enjoying this much more. It's more immersive, which for me makes it. But it's going to take some getting used to the UI. I keep mixing up which menus are which buttons, but I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much without using two Moves.

Yeah the two moves are essential for this game if you ask me

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine just told me that he got Skyrim VR for me (my birthday is this week)
This will be the third time I own Skyrim haha :D But first time on PlayStation.

Going to plat this!

Now, we just need a VR update for TESO ...

On 23/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, Elvick_ said:

On 23/11/2017 at 9:06 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah the two moves are essential for this game if you ask me

If move/AIM controls are accepted then I usually figure it's the way to play.

I mean, games like Farpoint and Rush Of Blood have you hold a gun, why try playing with a regular controller if you can actually point and shoot?

Haven't bought Skyrim VR yet; I figured I should play through the story at least once - bought it on the Switch, bought it twice before but never got through the main quest. I'm easily distracted and the game is very big. If I can now get through the story on the Switch, I can buy the VR version and just mess about.

21 minutes ago, Cubone said:

If move/AIM controls are accepted then I usually figure it's the way to play.

I mean, games like Farpoint and Rush Of Blood have you hold a gun, why try playing with a regular controller if you can actually point and shoot?

Haven't bought Skyrim VR yet; I figured I should play through the story at least once - bought it on the Switch, bought it twice before but never got through the main quest. I'm easily distracted and the game is very big. If I can now get through the story on the Switch, I can buy the VR version and just mess about.

Yeah you can easily get distracted in this game and even more so in vr lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah you can easily get distracted in this game and even more so in vr lol

Tell me about it... I could write an essay on the ways games like Skyrim made me forget what the hell I was supposed to be doing in the game while distracting me with other stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cubone said:

Tell me about it... I could write an essay on the ways games like Skyrim made me forget what the hell I was supposed to be doing in the game while distracting me with other stuff.

Well at least you know you aren't alone in this case lol I don't think I have ever heard someone say they haven't got completely side tracked in this game while trying to do the story 

• Like 1