Multiplayer

Toxi

I know some are put off by the trophies related to reaching the highest rank multiple times, but is anyone else looking forward to this part of the game? Haven't seen much of it yet, but the little I have looks really fun. (i've always prefered 3rd person to FPS's online) & for those that already have it, thoughts so far?

Honestly, I do not believe it will be as horrendous as everyone is making it out to be. Most individuals are biased for numerous reasons that I will not go into.

I do agree with your preference to Third Person Shooters over First Person Shooters in the Multiplayer aspect. Call of Duty would be far better if it featured Third Person game modes as it did in Modern Warfare 2. Actually, I just prefer Third Person games all together. Anyway, I do have high hopes for the Multiplayer in Tomb Raider.

I really liked Uncharted 3's multiplayer. So if this multiplayer is somewhat like it, I think we will get along just fine. Especially if it has some sort of co-op wave mode. Regardless, I am super pumped for the game. I cannot wait until the mail arrives

I really liked Uncharted 3's multiplayer. So if this multiplayer is somewhat like it, I think we will get along just fine. Especially if it has some sort of co-op wave mode. Regardless, I am super pumped for the game. I cannot wait until the mail arrives

That is what will most likely be the downfall of this product's Multiplayer. Consumers are expecting the title to be similar or a replica of Uncharted's Multiplayer. In my eyes, it will not be a replica but may have some slight similarities. From the videos I have watched, you can use more than guns along with setting traps around the map.

From what I've read it's not looking good for the multiplayer but I've just picked the game up I'm hoping I'm wrong and it is fun... I guess time will tell. Level 60 seems like a long grind, I'm not a fan of TPS multiplayer so I probably won't get to 60.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is any co-op modes, ashame cause something like gold rush from Uncharted would really suit this game imo. We can hope for dlc :P

That is what will most likely be the downfall of this product's Multiplayer. Consumers are expecting the title to be similar or a replica of Uncharted's Multiplayer. In my eyes, it will not be a replica but may have some slight similarities. From the videos I have watched, you can use more than guns along with setting traps around the map.

Yeah i'm liking the idea of setting up traps, hopefully its not just a gimmick and is actually a useful play.

Multiplayer is fun so far. And I don't think it will be a painful grind. I have been playing a bit yesterday and got to level 27, we will see how much it will slow down at higher levels. And traps are actually quite helpful. In Free-for-All, third of my kills are usually from traps. And in CTF (or its variation in this game) it prevented the other team from scoring on the last second :D

add me for future play, Traitorcz on psn :)

• Like 1

Well I think it's quite fun lol. But there's a quicker way to reach lvl 60 without vs others lol but that still requires 1.7- 1.8 mil of exp either way but if you do it solo you can reach lvl 60 in about 15-20 hours and its a huge bore xD. Most of the mp trophies can be earned through boosting as well.

So, I've heard rumors that you need to get to level 60 three times to be able to purchase the last character (The General unlocked at Level 58 3rd Prestige) and get the Shopaholic trophy. That's 237 levels if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this? Cause if that's true I'm done. No way am I going through a 60+ hour MP grind for a plat.

It seems like true.

So, I've heard rumors that you need to get to level 60 three times to be able to purchase the last character (The General unlocked at Level 58 3rd Prestige) and get the Shopaholic trophy. That's 237 levels if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this? Cause if that's true I'm done. No way am I going through a 60+ hour MP grind for a plat.

The multiplayer isn't as bad as I thought and I think it has the potential to be really fun, but, for me at the moment it's too broken. A match will happily start with 2 players on one team and 5 on the other, and everyone is switching factions to be with the highest level players they see, leaving you alone with another level, lets say, 2 or 3 against a full team of mainly high level players, it's incredibly unbalanced as its up to players themselves to balance the teams... which they don't. There's also a lot of players flying around the map all over the place and even disappearing before your very eyes with their powers of invisibility. On the plus side you can have some matches where everything will be ok but they're few and far between, its also good that you can get a lot of exp from getting your ass kicked aswell as getting lots of kills.

It's true and actually you have to lvl to 60 3 times then once you're prestige 3 you have to lvl to. 58 for the last weapon lol which is pretty much 4x lvl60 xD

The multiplayer isn't as bad as I thought and I think it has the potential to be really fun, but, for me at the moment it's too broken. A match will happily start with 2 players on one team and 5 on the other, and everyone is switching factions to be with the highest level players they see, leaving you alone with another level, lets say, 2 or 3 against a full team of mainly high level players, it's incredibly unbalanced as its up to players themselves to balance the teams... which they don't. There's also a lot of players flying around the map all over the place and even disappearing before your very eyes with their powers of invisibility. On the plus side you can have some matches where everything will be ok but they're few and far between, its also good that you can get a lot of exp from getting your ass kicked aswell as getting lots of kills.

Agree with this lol sometimes I'm spamming square to break a salvage box and nothin happens I just dance on and around it lol

But despite the lag I'm having a blast xD

• Like 1

It's true and actually you have to lvl to 60 3 times then once you're prestige 3 you have to lvl to. 58 for the last weapon lol which is pretty much 4x lvl60 xD

Well, that's... just... wow. I was beginning to entertain the thought of playing until lvl 60, but this is pure insanity. Thanks for the clarification though.

AC Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption and now Tomb Raider. Oh, MP in predominantly SP games, how I loathe thee :shakefist:

Well, that's... just... wow. I was beginning to entertain the thought of playing until lvl 60, but this is pure insanity. Thanks for the clarification though.

AC Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption and now Tomb Raider. Oh, MP in predominantly SP games, how I loathe thee :shakefist:

Lol I'm quite determined to get that plat xD I'm just thankful that the multiplayer is a lot better than what the reviews say

Played for a couple hours last night & loving it so far, even though it has quite a few problems. Most annoying is the fact anyone can just switch to the better looking team in a ranked lobby, hope they remove this. A couple times I've seen people switching right at the last second to leave games very unbalanced.

Also anyone else having problems with the melee? Everytime i try and use it, just ends up in me and the other person running round in circles swinging hopelessly, guessing its the lag.

There's also a lot of players flying around the map all over the place and even disappearing before your very eyes with their powers of invisibility.

Yep, lots of this. Can be quite funny to watch sometimes. xD

It's the usual boring crap you have in all other MP games.

Team death match.

Free for all.

Steal the artifact.

Conquer the zone.

What I hate the most about this is that they count on the fact people have fun with just killing eachother, which to me, is just boring shit. No innovation, no fantasy, nothing.

I'm having more fun boosting xp with the med kits by myself in private matches.

The thing about switching faction whenever you want in the lobby is marginal, it just takes long for the game to start, but in the last 10 seconds the games balances the groups automatically, unless you are 2vs3 then there's little to be done.