weakest dead rising game by far

UlvenFenrir

One of the things i love about dead rising is almost non existant in this game. Why would they remove the psychopath bosses??? Sure theres a few of them but no cutscenes associated with them, no story, nothing. Vancouver capcom sucks as a developer. Removing one of the key components that makes a game great is one of the dumbest things you can do. I have a difficult time to wrap my head around why they thought that was a good idea.

i also think its the weakest dead rising game. But if you can ignore that, theres still some fun to be had though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Dead Rising 4 is purely gameplay driven. I can take or leave the survivor rescuing storyline. Dead Rising 4 is the best Dead Rising gameplay-wise, the weakest exploration-wise, doesn't bother to compete with Dead Rising 2 story-wise, and lacks Dead Rising 3's amazing bosses.

But still, just based on gameplay, it's better than Dead Rising 1 & 3 imo.

Dead rising 1 is still the best gameplay wise in my opinion. The feel behind the weapons and the zombies themselves is much better. Everything in dr4 feels like its made of cardboard boxes.

13 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I don't understand why so many people are disappointed with this game. I liked it. The map is bigger than ever, the weapons are abundant and ridiclously fun, and there's no time limit anymore! What's not to love about this game?

That really depends on who you ask. The time limit, the psychopath bosses,survivors,fun gameplay and the quirky story is what makes dead rising what it is. They had to add time limit and survivors as part of a title update because everyone was complaining and even then, its still horrible implemented because dead rising 4 as a whole is just poorly executed. The psychopath bosses that you do encounter in the game is basically just filler. They might as well just left it out of the final game.

they removed so many great things in dead rising 4 just to make it more streamlined and you can tell it doesnt work. The quirky story is still there in dead rising 4 but it is unfortunately riddled with really cringy one liners and bad jokes that its not even funny.

Thats like taking away the challenging part of a souls game just to appeal to casual players. Can you imagine a souls game without the challenging core mechanic of the game? I cant.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

That really depends on who you ask. The time limit, the psychopath bosses,survivors,fun gameplay and the quirky story is what makes dead rising what it is.

The fact there's no time limit anymore, is one of DR4's best improvements. You're free to explore all you want now without the pressure of a time limit. And remember what a pain in the ass it was transporting survivors to the safehouse in DR 1 & 2 while trying to manage the clock? DR4 just simplifies it, rescue the survivor, and they make their own way to the safehouse. Now as for the Psychopaths, I agree, it does feel a little weak. They might as well just left that out. The quirky story is there as always, in classic Dead Rising style.

The Psychopaths were the only thing that felt weak in this game, everything else is an improvement IMO. Like an artist, video games evolve. Resident Evil for example, has evolved many times, sometimes for the better, sometimes not so much. 

Have you seen the CrowbCat youtube video that compares Dead Rising 4 to the original Dead Rising? Really sheds a bit of light on the differences between the two. Not trying to dissuade gamers who enjoy the new title, just a video that should be seen. Glad I bought the original game for the PS4 a few weeks back, really looking forward to jumping into it.