Parker Bought a Computer!

Parker

I finally bought myself a computer because I found a deal I didn't think I should pass up. It's an HP Envy (yeah, yeah it's not a custom built monster) with 10gb of RAM, 1TB HDD, AMD six-core processor and an Radeon HD 7450 graphics card. I think the graphics card is my weakest point at the moment so I'm looking for some suggestions so I can play some newer games.

This is the computer I bought...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03517389&prodSeriesId=5295996

I paid less than $400 for it and BestBuy had it for $750 so I think I got a pretty good deal for a brand new computer. If all goes according to plan I should also be on Steam a lot more often too.

Parker

• Like 1

First of all, looks like a good deal - in regards to video card, etc, you'd need to tell us what games you want to play :)

honestly though, I hate playing about the insides of an 'OEM' PC

make sure you have a 64 bit version of windows (preferably Win 7)

And get rid of all the HP spamware that is pre-installed - it'll boost your system for a start

Oh and if you do buy a graphics card, make sure it fits in the case - new cards can be massive, and you have a micro ATX board ;)

Edited by leprodigalson

I finally bought myself a computer because I found a deal I didn't think I should pass up. It's an HP Envy (yeah, yeah it's not a custom built monster) with 10gb of RAM, 1TB HDD, AMD six-core processor and an Radeon HD 7450 graphics card. I think the graphics card is my weakest point at the moment so I'm looking for some suggestions so I can play some newer games.

This is the computer I bought...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03517389&prodSeriesId=5295996

I paid less than $400 for it and BestBuy had it for $750 so I think I got a pretty good deal for a brand new computer. If all goes according to plan I should also be on Steam a lot more often too.

Parker

You can get a GeForce Cyclone II (this graphic card is not the best but it can run Battlefield 3 on Ultra) it should be around $150 and if you get two of them you are up for a beast of a gaming pc :) GL