which is harder? ME 2 or ME 3

ANTIOX_

Hi I'll be getting mass effect 3 in a few days and was wondering how hard insanity mode is compared to the same mode in mass effect 2 as I found it fairly easy and if I can get the ME3 plat in one playthrough it would be much more efficient for me..

Mass Effect 2, I thought.

For Mass Effect 3, play through the game using the Adept. It may seem tough at first, however it's quite the breeze since you'll be more efficient and ameliorate when you run out of ammo. You're powers, when upgraded, will obliterate enemies in mere seconds. I actually had quite a lot of fun on Mass Effect 3 Insanity. It feel like the right balance for a higher difficulty mode.

• Like 2

ME2 is definitely the harder Insanity mode. Most enemies will have multiple bars (Shields, Barriers, Armor, Health, etc) and actually work together - in ME3, for some reason, it feels like the AI took a  step back and certainly the enemies lack the additional vitality. Plus in ME2 whenever the Collector General takes over a regular troop, he has a biotic move that can knock you out of cover and make you vulnerable - there's no such thing in ME3.

For ME3 Insanity I recommend playing as a soldier, and utilizing Adrenaline Rush with any sniper rifle. Your headshots will take out most enemies in only one or two hits. Also Liara is a wonderful squadmate to have - use her Singularity to lift groups of enemies for crowd control, and then Warp them for huge detonations and massive damage. It's like having infinite grenades.

I'm glad to say I have finally got ME3 after waiting 9 days in post. Very good game I like the changes they've made BUT so far I do feel that this is harder than ME2.

maybe because I played ME2 through on normal before trying insanity, who knows!

Also my online pass isn't working! What's up with that??

Edited by ANTIOX_

Honestly, I think playing infiltrator class is easiest especially with bonus power Energy Drain or Dominate (if you get the Leviathan DLC) wich let's you solo singleplay without needing your team members at all!! Also buy the Black Widow for this class...

Mass Effect 2 was patched for PS3. Originally, Importing your character to playthrough 2 got rid of all your weapons and bonuses but scaled enemies to your level. That has been fixed. Also, you can now import your ME1 characters if you're just getting into the series and started off with number 1. Further bonuses.

I HIGHLY recommend the Infiltrator for number 2 as stealthing for ammo, shedding aggro, and moving in/out/between cover is a lot easier. I also highly recommend using Kasumi as her stealth backstab ability is overpowered in general.

Mass Effect 3 was a cakewalk in comparison and I advise using the Engineer for this one as they have the abilities to answer all situations and do now require ammo to get the job done. The hardest part, for me, was the scene towards the end with the pistol - those who've played it know what I mean.

So, all that being spammed... ME2 was more difficult than ME3 before the patch and probably even afterwards as ME3 was evolved into a more action oriented shooter with more fluidity in the gameplay. However, both titles are pretty easy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

FINALLY started ME3 and I have to say Insanity mode is significantly easier than on ME2. I stayed as an infiltrator and have played through the Mars archive mission. Only died once and that was because I got too cocky at one point because of how much easier it was.

I concur that ME3 seemed easier than ME2. I played through as a Sentinel on ME3 and felt it was a great mix of biotics and weapon usage. I rarely relied on my weapons unless I was in a cooldown period form my wanted ability. I stayed simple with my loadout using the Chakrum Launcher and the default pistol.  Warp and Throw were my go-to biotics and owned almost everything.  ME2 had several sections that could prove to be a challenge while ME3 didn't have many notable sections that stand out in my memory. I think you'll enjoy the playthrough with an appropriate amount of challenge. Good luck and enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

ME2 seemed harder and better.

OMG Agreed! Ok, so I plated ME3 yesterday. Some complaints -

• Felt linear. Story was compelling and fun but it didn't feel like I was making meaningful choices, as in ME2
  • ME3 Insanity was hella easier than ME2 Insanity. Kinda feels like they dumbed it down to appeal to a larger audience. I actually liked the challenge of ME2
  • No more mining . . .I liked mining for ores, wth?
  • Smaller roster choices. I mean, I had 6 people to choose for my party. ME 2 had so many better choices! I wanted a Krogan and a Drell in my party again, is that too much to ask? Apparently so . . .
  • Ashley was annoying. Miranda OR Jack > Ashley
  • No heavy weapons to carry around? Only one shot weapons on the ground during big fights? WTH???
  • Ending sequence was nowhere near as cool and compelling as the ending sequence of ME2. Of course, it was a tall order since ME2s end sequence was arguably the best of all time (suicide mission) but still . . .
  • The ending SUCKED!!!!!
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

ME2 without a doubt is harder compared to ME3 since ME2 enemies are smarter in trying to corner you and have multiple life bars while in ME3 I can easily save ammo and kill enemies with the M-358 Talon with Cryo Ammo, it can easily freeze an enemy in one shot (That is if the enemy has no shield, armor, or barriers) and shatter them with a Concussive Shot, that's my technique right now in getting through Insanity for ME3