fabmorais_2011 *FULL* PSN Backlog

fabmorais_2011

• 1 month later...

Lcd80e8.png

HiQ Ace scratched from the backlog. Very simple puzzle game with 5 easy to get trophies. Good for relaxing at the end of the day, which is basically what I've been needing lately. Also, it is free, which doesn't hurt. Free version gives you a basic pack to start with and you can get all trophies with it. I bought one other pack for 0.99  just so I wouldn't play the same puzzles over and over again. If you want some easy free trophies, go for it.

• 1 month later...

DZvEs0BX4AEqS36.jpg

1Lbc1947.png

40-platinum.png
Great Shot Kid!
Collect all other trophies

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate scratched from the backlog. Even though I had to take quite a few breaks due to the repetitiveness of it, this is quite a fun a game. Controls and music are top notch, and level design is excellent. Trophies are fun to get also, and cover everything the game has to offer. Online is kinda pointless, but at least the MP trophies can be self-boosted with a VITA.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

7 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I need to do something like this. I though I had a lot of game in my backlog, but your list is an abuse :o

I guess I have around 400 games since PS3 and PS4 (physical and digital), no Plus games included...

Yeah, PS+ really bumps the number up though :)

Without it, I have "only" 253 unplayed games haha

That's just Playstation 3, 4 and VITA games. The "true form" of my backlog is even scarier: https://backloggery.com/fabmorais_2011

Edited by fabmorais_2011

And i was here thinking that my backog was huge but yours truly is in fact ?

I also need to list my entire backog between PS3 , Vita and PS4 , the PS4 is not that huge cause i only got it in past november but is already like 20 + games . But i need to do some intensvie backlog specially on PS3 .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sigma999 said:

And i was here thinking that my backog was huge but yours truly is in fact 1f601.png

I also need to list my entire backog between PS3 , Vita and PS4 , the PS4 is not that huge cause i only got it in past november but is already like 20 + games . But i need to do some intensvie backlog specially on PS3 .

I agree. I have something like 150 unplayed games. This one dwarfs mine.

@fabmorais_2011 I found it seemed more manageable when I split mine into chunks. I'm just trying to focus on getting everything already on my profile to Rank A. Since I set that goal, I've felt like its doable and not some kind of impossibility. I hope this helps you a bit!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

I agree. I have something like 150 unplayed games. This one dwarfs mine.

@fabmorais_2011 I found it seemed more manageable when I split mine into chunks. I'm just trying to focus on getting everything already on my profile to Rank A. Since I set that goal, I've felt like its doable and not some kind of impossibility. I hope this helps you a bit!

Thanks for the tip! :)

I'm not at all stressed out with the size of my backlog though. Truth is I have little time to play these days but do enjoy collecting games and buying digital ones on sales to have a good catalogue to choose from. I'll keep chipping away at it as much as I can without worrying too much.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Thanks for the tip! :)

I'm not at all stressed out with the size of my backlog though. Truth is I have little time to play these days but do enjoy collecting games and buying digital ones on sales to have a good catalogue to choose from. I'll keep chipping away at it as much as I can without worrying too much.

I feel the same way. I have little time myself but still end up getting more. My downfall is also the digital sales but also the bargain bin at gamestop has gotten some attention lately as well. To motivate myslef to make progress I decided to start with a few quick games that I had already started but places aside for whatever reason. That and doing some events has helped chip away at it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DePXD1nX0AASG57.jpg

1Lcde237.png
40-platinum.png

Earn all of the other trophies

Frozen Synapse Prime scratched from the backlog. Very interesting take on the strategy genre, with some unique mechanics. Took me quite a while since I needed a few breaks though, as the missions can be a bit repetitive since there are so many of them on the campaing. Difficulty really ramps up towards the end and the last few missions -- especially the last one -- require some advanced tactical thinking. They are doable and there's no penalty for failing, but they are demanding nonetheless. MP is easiy boostable since multiplayer is asynchronous, meaning you make your moves and the other player can do theirs anytime they login, so you don't need to be online at the same time. All in all, very happy to finally have the plat for this somewhat hidden gem.

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

man that's a humongous backlog, and I thought I was bad with the 10 to 15 backlog of ps3 and ps4 title I have.

Yup. I hear this all the time :)
What can I say, I just love buying them haha
Will never suffer from shortage of games to play, that's for sure.
PS+ accounts for 40% of it though.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Siralim1.jpg

Siralim2.jpg

Siralim3.jpg

Siralim scratched from the backlog. I really loved this game. I admit that it is not for everyone and that it has its design flaws, but I found it so fun, addictive and rewarding. It has a steep learning curve and can feel ovewhelming at the beginning -- to be frank it only clicked for me after 7 hours of so. However, when it does click, it is very enjoyable to enhance your monster team and find the best combinations for your play style. There's just so much depht on the buffs, debuffs, and artifact crafting systems. Although it is very grindy, I love how grinding alone takes you nowhere if you don't experiment with the many ways to make your team stronger. Choosing which enchantments are more effective for your artifacts and which buffs work better for which creature is where the fun is at on this game. The Arena trophy poses quite a challenge, but with the right team and the right strategy, it is very doable. If you take the time to learn the game and plan carefully, by the time you get the trophies for getting one creature to level 100 and your main character to level 100 you should be ready to face the most demanding trophies in the game. I highly recommend this game if you like old school monster taming RPGs with in-depth stats management.

• 1 month later...

DjV4lf4XcAEMwYK.jpg

Licky The Lucky Lizard Lives Again scratched from the backlog. Silly quick game, but fun for the short time it lasts. I wouldn't pay any money for it, but hey, it is free.

Persona 3 Portable moved to Appendix 1: Games I have given up on and/or will not play/complete. I love Shin Megami Tensei games, but "modern" Persona games they just don't click with me it seems. On the particular case of P3P, Tartarus is hands-down the most tedious, boring dungeon I have ever seen. Battle system grows stale quickly as well without the negotiation aspect which is my favorite part of SMT games. Apart from that, and more importantly, the high school setting doesn't do nothing for me -- I'm probably simply too far out of the age demographics to enjoy the banter between characters and the whole naivity of their issues and interactions. Guess I'll be going back to darker regular SMT games.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

• 2 weeks later...

DkeSJkYXgAEsiwX.jpg

Child of Light scratched from the backlog. I really liked my time with this game, although it doesn't really bring much novelty to the genre. It is kind of a RPG lite, without any resemblance of a challenge, but very relaxing to play and beautiful to look at. Art direction is spot on and fits the whole fairy tale setting like a glove. Rhymed dialogues can sound a bit too much at the beginning, but it grows on you -- it did for me at least. All in all, a nice little game.

• 1 month later...

8W38f2W.jpg

V1aBAG8.jpg

ZhHTFtb.jpg

Shütshimi scracthed from the backlog. Fun, quirky shoot 'em up that doesn't overstay its welcome. Trophies are straightforward, and the two most difficult ones (True Defender and Invincible Defender) can be easily cheesed by avoiding the second boss until you get the power-ups you want and only then defeating him. This is specially helpful on Boss Rush mode to get the fish bowl, which is kind of a must unless you get crazy good at the game.

• 3 weeks later...

SCV.jpg

1Lc150a7.png

40-platinum.png
Unwritten History
Obtained all trophies.

Soul Calibur V scracthed from the backlog. I hadn't played a Soul game since the early days of the series on the arcades, and even so very little back then, so it was nice to go back to/get to know better the series. I had a lot of fun with it (even boosting the online trophies, which is very easy to do now MP is dead) up to the point where the devs got stupid and decided to add two ridiculous trophies: Wind of Battle, which requires you to "walk" 87,600 m in-game while, after doing everything you need to do, you'll only have less than 10% of that, and Soul Fulfilled, which you won't get anywhere near getting it by playing naturally. They are both doable, but pointless unless you really want the plat, like I did. In any case, I'm glad I gave the Soul series another chance and maybe will even get VI somewhere down the line.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...