CQC Thread

RoxasOnFire

52 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Yeah man. I bought a second ps4 specifically for games like this. I just want to enjoy a great single player experience. Eff off with the mp trophies. 

Totally agree with you.  Was going to buy a PS4 Pro last month but missed my chance.  Waiting for a good sale again.

An Elite:Dangerous thread on PSNP? No fucking way. What sorcery is this? I've been hanging the FDev forum for so long, that when I clicked on a "CQC Thread" on PSNP, it took me a second for it to register how weird it was to actually run into one.

My advice? Troll Youtube and the FDev forum, there's PC and Xbox gamers that have trod these paths well before us PS4 gamers have and have broke the code on it. Elite's not a trophy hunter friendly game though, you'll end up having to just invest the time actually playing the game. Then you'll look up after doing something goofy like trying to flip over Riedquat to Alliance control, and realize you haven't earned a trophy in a month and a half.

Funny part is that over in the FDev forum, people are asking just to shut down CQC, because it's a crap mode. It's a tacked on multiplayer mode, for an MMO.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

An Elite:Dangerous thread on PSNP? No fucking way. What sorcery is this? I've been hanging the FDev forum for so long, that when I clicked on a "CQC Thread" on PSNP, it took me a second for it to register how weird it was to actually run into one.

My advice? Troll Youtube and the FDev forum, there's PC and Xbox gamers that have trod these paths well before us PS4 gamers have and have broke the code on it. Elite's not a trophy hunter friendly game though, you'll end up having to just invest the time actually playing the game. Then you'll look up after doing something goofy like trying to flip over Riedquat to Alliance control, and realize you haven't earned a trophy in a month and a half.

Funny part is that over in the FDev forum, people are asking just to shut down CQC, because it's a crap mode. It's a tacked on multiplayer mode, for an MMO.

Yeah I have been scouring those forums myself. It would be a dream if they shut it down and gave us the trophies, but I doubt that's going to happen.  They trimmed down the criteria a while back but reaching rank 50 is such a pain dude. I'm borrowing 2 ps4s for some boosting this weekend. I'm so determined to hit 50 so I can enjoy single player. But I'm aware of how long the trophies can take, I'm ready for it. This game has been on my radar for a while.

If they did shut it down, there's no way the related trophies would be handed out. They would simply become unobtainable, as is usually the case in such circumstances.

So no, FDev, please don't listen to the complainers ! Well, at least not until I've reached level 50 myself... ?

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 5 years later...

Been grinding away at this myself recently with a ps4 and ps5.  Tinkered around with a few things to try and make it quicker but there's really not a lot that can help. 

If no one joins and i can manage to get the 8 kills on my alt before the round ends then i get the following points:

800 - 8x kills

200 - win

100 - survivor

50 - quick kill

50 - good game

Total of 1200 for anywhere between a 5 and 8 minute investment. I'm using a turbo controller on the alt and turboing the fire button to help find it with my main but it's pretty annoying even with that. 

I then tried dropping out with my alt. It works, my main gets the win and the survivor points so 300 in total. 

This is heaps easier but unfortunately you then have to reload arena, then search to find the match again, then wait 30 seconds for it to start.  Probably takes a good 2 - 3 minutes with this method per match. 

• Like 2