The Great Spam Hunt

9 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

I am anticipating this update. I played some amazing high grade spam yesterday. 2 games, 5 min each oh and I didn't have to do anything other than hold R1. One even had a plat. I should be back. on top now.

I see you are taking an earn an average of 1 trophy per game approach

By the sheer volume of Japanese on your trophy list over the last few days I know I am in trouble, although I am strangely excited at the same time ?. I had a lovely evening on PS3 sampling some of my collection (1 trophy at a time) while sampling a lovely crisp white wine, I would recommend the practice, very civilised.

So let us take a look at the numbers, happy to admit this was a very low month for me thanks to work (boo!!), life (yehhh !) and AC Origins / NFS ( yehhh boo !). This month saw the first use of the RED TEXT OF DEATH as I dropped to a loss in the Trophy Per Day. Another impressive 19 plat haul for you Sir, I tip my digital hat. 10 plats for me, praise the lord we got Budget Adventure in the Praire and Passage of a Defenceless Square through the Night in 36 Parts or it would have been alot worse. I think noticeable mentions are in order for your plats " Senran Kagura Shot my Load ", " The Coma : Recruit " - damn straight Biaotch that is a physical edition and " Saturday Morning RPG ", sticker scratcher from way back. For myself I will commend " AC Orgins " if this was a VN we would totally see Bayek and Aya doing Egyptian Mambo (no fade to black from the Japanese), " NFS Payback " what do you mean copyright exists these challenges are nothing like Forza Horizon 3, besides there is no comparison between the two games have you noticed how shit our graphics engine is, and " Little Adventure on the Praire " proving anyone with a dream and 2 mins can make a game worth of Spam Hall of Fame recognition.

So as the trophy dust settles on February I have you up by 142 trophies. Impressive to some perhaps, but in the world of spam that is barely worthy of recognition. I anticipate a strong resurgence this month thanks to my friends from the East so don't get to confident with your lead, I think March Madness is about to descend. Let us hope you can keep your head above water as the tidal wave of trophies rains down from above.

February Results

Mr Unknown625                             Cjshai

Trophies Earnt                                            585                                           473

Plats Earnt                                                  19                                             10

Trophies Per Day (TPD)                              25.15                                        22.81

As a % of 2017 total *                                18%                                          15.4%

Difference                                                   2.55 Gain TPD                          .99 loss TPD

Project total                                                9179.75                                    8325.65

• Like 3

PBS was definitely up there with my favorite plats this month, I'd actually play that online a bit more if it wasn't dead. Coma though....yuck. Oh and the Japanese you speak of on my trophy list....well prepare for a few more real soon ;) 

and i guess 142 isn't that much to be down by...that's only several to 142 games

Edited by MrUnknown625
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

PBS was definitely up there with my favorite plats this month, I'd actually play that online a bit more if it wasn't dead. Coma though....yuck. Oh and the Japanese you speak of on my trophy list....well prepare for a few more real soon ;) 

and i guess 142 isn't that much to be down by...that's only several to 142 games

Lol well I have a feeling we are  probably already close to even again. That 142 trophy/game lead didn't last long...... such is life in the Spam Lane.

Edited by CjShai

• 2 weeks later...

So time to sneak in a slightly early update, but hey whats a day when your out in front. I am taking advantage of your slower pace with what history may quite likely look back on as the key month in your demise. We shall see but analysts early predictions favour a position only shortening leading to a correction that will inevitably result in a growing margin. Dark times ahead, while uncertainty still remains the addition of a Switch in your near future only continues to fuel the rumours of a Spam trophy crash reminiscent of the Great Spam Depression of 09. Troubling still is the sheer lack of forward momentum acquired by a hefty reliance on VNs early in the month. While the white flag may not have been seen raised above your profile yet we can safely assume it is now unboxed and well within play. The octopi will remain vigilant in scouring the horizon for the first signs of capitulation. 

But let us not dwell on the numbers congratulations are in order for plat #1200 Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddess Online. An all around quite agreeable game I am sure you will attest to even if the side quests overstay their welcome. Noticeable mentions to Odinsphere (rather fantastic I hear) and Touhou Genso Rondo (apologies the only thing I know about this game is I have 3 stacks (to be started) on my profile, rather mysterious indeed). I will shout out Need for Speed Payback, alot more fun than I expected with only mild irritation developing from an unnecessary number of challenges. Racking up my 350th plat may deserve passing mention, although to be honest I think milestone plats should be every 200 or so. They really seem to get in the way. Nevertheless Xblaze Lost Memories " Omnipotent" provided a fitting name and quite an appropriate reminder to the uphill battle you are facing.

Until March 31st, let the trophies fly as the may, wishing you happy CG hunting, Midnight Deluxe region shopping and a sturdy noose to ease your passage from that travesty that is Horizon Zero Dawn.

March Results ( as of 14/1)

Mr Unknown625                         Cjshai

Trophies Earnt                                            276                                        586

Plats Earnt                                                  9                                           18

Trophies Per Day (TPD)                              24.16                                     26.47

As a % of 2017 total *                                21.38%                                 22.22%

Difference                                                   1.56 Gain TPD                      2.65 Gain TPD

Project total                                                8818.4                                  9657.9

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3

You might want to do some fact checking there sir. My 1200th wasn't cyber d it was Genso Rondo, which you are also wring about. Game only had 1 list. I wish it stacked though, game is AMAZING. With these errors it makes me wonder if your count is accurate. You are right though you do need to play Genso Rondo, oh and do more than the 3-4 easy 2 player trophies.

You maybe ahead but you played so many 20 min 20+ point games and getting 40+ trophies in mere minutes with the jack games. I doubt it can last. Like you said earlier a couple hundred points are nothing in the world of spam.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

You might want to do some fact checking there sir. My 1200th wasn't cyber d it was Genso Rondo, which you are also wring about. Game only had 1 list. I wish it stacked though, game is AMAZING. With these errors it makes me wonder if your count is accurate. You are right though you do need to play Genso Rondo, oh and do more than the 3-4 easy 2 player trophies.

You maybe ahead but you played so many 20 min 20+ point games and getting 40+ trophies in mere minutes with the jack games. I doubt it can last. Like you said earlier a couple hundred points are nothing in the world of spam.

Lol, you sound a little tense, relax. Breathe. Smile enjoy the sun. You are obviously tense because of that trash Horizon Zero Dawn. I am happy for you to recount if you wish, but that will suck up more of your time which I doubt you can afford at this point ?. I think the numbers are fairly accurate though as I pull them from TT. As for the other mistakes they are my own of course. I gave up fact checking years ago it is so boring and to be honest rarely makes for a witty read. 

Now I have no time for that whinging about 20 min games the weekly number of fucks I give about anything is usually used up by Monday afternoon so crying will not help you there. And to be honest is this not a spam hunt, am I not a self proclaimed Spam Hunter ? did you think I would be stacking JRPG, I mean who the fuck stacks FFXV .......... Besides I think the field is just a little bit more level now right, I mean it wouldn't be fair for you to have access to a few regions I didn't ?

Edit : Are you going to look into a Mexican account before the wall goes up. I hear it is going to be see-through now.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 6:23 PM, cjshaitan said:

March Results 

Trophies Earnt                                            349                                        1,166

Plats Earnt                                                  10                                           26

Trophies Per Day (TPD)                              20.07                                     27.92

As a % of 2017 total *                                21.88%                                 28.98%

Difference                                                   -2.53 Loss TPD                    4.1 Gain TPD

Project total                                                7325.55                                 10,190.80

March results are in, although obviously a little skewed as MrUnknown has been off on some non gaming adventures ☺️. Better month for me but definitely unsustainable, still moving along nicely and well on track for lvl 100 in either late November or early December. To be honest I am starting to look forward to PS gaming retirement the pull of the X and the Switch is increasing and seems more enticing as time passes. Apologies for lack of humour in this post just tired today doing some boring work stuff. Hope you have a good month and find many enjoyable plats around the corner. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Finally return CJ. First plat in 3 weeks :).

I see you got a decent lead while I was away....time to erase it.

and you ever heard of early retirement? I think it's getting more and more popular these days.

Excellent news and congrats on the Horizon plat, it is truly something that game. I look forward to seeing what you have planned to recover, I may help you a little with my Ni No Kuni 2 play through which will probably take the rest of this year ?. How is secret of mana going ?.

As for early retirement there is a good chance you will have a few weeks in december free reign to catch me. But until then enjoy 2nd place, it fits you well .......

18 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Excellent news and congrats on the Horizon plat, it is truly something that game. I look forward to seeing what you have planned to recover, I may help you a little with my Ni No Kuni 2 play through which will probably take the rest of this year 1f607.png. How is secret of mana going ?.

As for early retirement there is a good chance you will have a few weeks in december free reign to catch me. But until then enjoy 2nd place, it fits you well .......

you may be doing a run of ni no kuni 2....but your previouos track record shows you won't plat it  :P 

as for the SoM question....It's going well. I see you started it too.....so how is it going? must be savoring it if you haven't even gotten the first story trophy yet :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

you may be doing a run of ni no kuni 2....but your previouos track record shows you won't plat it  :P 

as for the SoM question....It's going well. I see you started it too.....so how is it going? must be savoring it if you haven't even gotten the first story trophy yet :P

You are probably right but I hear it is suppose to be very easy so there is a chance for me. As for SOM picked it up with Kingdom Come Deliverance for the sole reason that my game shelf was lacking in both K and S titles, if any trophies pop in the first 5 mins of gameplay I will definitely try and get them ........... one day ?

On 4/8/2018 at 11:55 PM, cjshaitan said:

You are probably right but I hear it is suppose to be very easy so there is a chance for me. As for SOM picked it up with Kingdom Come Deliverance for the sole reason that my game shelf was lacking in both K and S titles, if any trophies pop in the first 5 mins of gameplay I will definitely try and get them ........... one day 1f607.png

It pops in the first like 15...prob too long for you.

I want to see a pic of this alphabetized game shelf :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrUnknown625 said:

It pops in the first like 15...prob too long for you.

I want to see a pic of this alphabetized game shelf :P

Way to long 4 me then, a shame but at least I hear the first 5 mins is enjoyable. As for the game shelf this is the recent state, well most of them anyway. As you can clearly see there is a severe lack of K and S titles. It also appears to be un-alphabetized, nor on a shelf. Interesting. The shelf has been built so hopefully soon they will transition to their new home, but as to when, who can say for sure. They seem happy at the present, besides not bad for a digital collector right, just look at how many wonderful 5 minute experiences awaiting me.........

kd4i0i.jpg

Edited by cjshaitan
mmm the Switch really needs more love
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Way to long 4 me then, a shame but at least I hear the first 5 mins is enjoyable. As for the game shelf this its current state, well most of them anyway. As you can clearly see there is a severe lack of K and S titles. It also appears to be un-alphabetized, nor on a shelf. Interesting. Still not bad for a digital collector right, just look at how many wonderful 5 minute experiences awaiting me.........

kd4i0i.jpg

Could I please borrow Tachyon Project ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Way to long 4 me then, a shame but at least I hear the first 5 mins is enjoyable. As for the game shelf this is the recent state, well most of them anyway. As you can clearly see there is a severe lack of K and S titles. It also appears to be un-alphabetized, nor on a shelf. Interesting. The shelf has been built so hopefully soon they will transition to their new home, but as to when, who can say for sure. They seem happy at the present, besides not bad for a digital collector right, just look at how many wonderful 5 minute experiences awaiting me.........

kd4i0i.jpg

That backlog is both a nightmare and dream for me. That's crazy. xD

• Like 1

On 13/04/2018 at 10:34 AM, cjshaitan said:

kd4i0i.jpg

Thats a nice collection, a few hard to find games. But wheres the rest. Surely there must be some PS3

Also i think i can see Ryse in the corner. What did you think of it. its one of the Xbox exclusives that looked interesting to me.

On 13/04/2018 at 1:39 PM, readytofuky said:

BRB just got a bout of nausea from seeing all those Australian ratings labels in one spot.

Yes they do seem to take up way to much space. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 9:14 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Thats a nice collection, a few hard to find games. But wheres the rest. Surely there must be some PS3

Also i think i can see Ryse in the corner. What did you think of it. its one of the Xbox exclusives that looked interesting to me.

Almost no PS3, most of it I gave away already with the exception of Hatsune and maybe some Telltale the PS3 is dead to me ?

I heard that Ryse is suppose to be very good too. Haven't tried it yet, I am hoping the superior console gets a backwards compatibility patch soon (if it doesn't already). Amazing many of those backwards compatibility patches also include 4K support ........ we are so lucky our beloved inferior hardware don't bother which such matters ...........

April Mid Month Massacre (...uumm Update, yeah update )

Trophies Earnt                                          213                                           376                                     

Plats Earnt                                               6                                                10

Trophies Per Day (TPD)                           19.05                                         27.25                                      

As a % of 2017 total *                             24.47%                                     33.22%                                

Difference                                               -3.55 Loss TPD                         3.43 Gain TPD                                                              

Project total                                            6953.25                                    9946.25                                                       

Lead now extends to 870 against the besieged MrUnknown. Perhaps a lighter update would be in order here considering he is breathing down the reality of a backwards step on the world boards to but where would the fun be in that right. Nevertheless a respectable 213 trophies so far this month off the back of a return to normality - Zeus Quest, Hex Tunnel, Jolt, VN, VN, VN, VN, VN, VN, VN, VN, VN, VN (oh no actually not that many VN ? ). For myself I will praise Metropolis Lux, I actually quite enjoyed the story and finally got exposed to my first candy crush combat so what more could one ask for. Q.U.B.E 2 is also holding my attention at present, rather intriguing game I could see myself devoting 15 mins to it into the future. Minor mentions to Flight of Light fun little rhythm motion game and Rememorized primarily because I have no idea what is going on, but I am embracing that as often the line between brilliance and bullshit is knife edge. We shall see.

Now to inspire MrUnknown in the challenging months ahead I have found a lovely little song. And sung by Bette just perfect. Enjoy..........

Spoiler

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2018 at 9:14 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Yes they do seem to take up way to much space. 

I'm a bit late replying here but it just looks so odd. Everytime I walk into EB or JB I'm faced with a selection that's poor, late, overpriced etc & it's just not worth it half the time. If I go into Big W or Target it's even worse & there are maybe 2-5 games there at a time I'm interested in at most. That's what seeing a lot of Aus rating labels in one space symbolises for me. Most of my collection is mail ordered, this is what I'm used to looking at (even took them off the shelves for pairity). You can see a lot of PAL titles on the 3rd stack but they were all ozgameshopped:

Spoiler

KbMq6Wv.jpg

Also snapped a pic of the Vita collection (pic is missing Pal Shinobido, MGS collection & Aus Spy Hunter), I really tried buying locally for this one but the local titles can't even eclipse the JPN region selection:

Spoiler

YE93mnj.jpg

If CJ wanted to borrow a few games though I'd oblige so with that in mind it's not like he's not spoiled for choice ;p

• Like 2

3 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I'm a bit late replying here but it just looks so odd. Everytime I walk into EB or JB I'm faced with a selection that's poor, late, overpriced etc & it's just not worth it half the time. If I go into Big W or Target it's even worse & there are maybe 2-5 games there at a time I'm interested in at most. That's what seeing a lot of Aus rating labels in one space symbolises for me. Most of my collection is mail ordered, this is what I'm used to looking at (even took them off the shelves for pairity). You can see a lot of PAL titles on the 3rd stack but they were all ozgameshopped:

Reveal hidden contents

KbMq6Wv.jpg

Also snapped a pic of the Vita collection (pic is missing Pal Shinobido, MGS collection & Aus Spy Hunter), I really tried buying locally for this one but the local titles can't even eclipse the JPN region selection:

Hide contents

YE93mnj.jpg

If CJ wanted to borrow a few games though I'd oblige so with that in mind it's not like he's not spoiled for choice ;p

Very nice collection Sir, especially the Vita one. Loving that you have the Hatsune Diva f physical import. I finally bit the bullet and enrolled for Japanese lessons last week so looking forward to playing some of the games in JP, if at least slowly in the future. All the best with your gaming.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2018 at 6:53 PM, cjshaitan said:

Very nice collection Sir, especially the Vita one. Loving that you have the Hatsune Diva f physical import. I finally bit the bullet and enrolled for Japanese lessons last week so looking forward to playing some of the games in JP, if at least slowly in the future. All the best with your gaming.

Cheers, the ps3 part was omitted since there's even more of that & it would have been hell getting it all out but it features the Diva F ps3 english import which was my first time with the series and really a treasured item in the collection. I never intended to go so hard at Miku, I still had snobby ideas about music but then I saw/heard a video of Rin Chan Now & it was the silliest damn thing I'd ever heard, had to play the game after hearing that & ended up getting stockholm syndrome with some of the tunes. I still love Remote Controller & MMORPG Addicts Anthem among others. 

That's cool you're going legit with Japanese. Suppose the other side of the coin involves the pride I take in every unreadable title I've pushed through in absolute ignorance, it's a fitting approach for the modern world IMO but then I see really special looking stuff like Kyoei Toshi & wish I could actually read it. The option of playing along with a translation video doesn't appeal at all despite the fact someone on youtube has facilitated that to some extent but I'm strongly considering doing that anyway. Good luck with the learning though it could only help really.

• Like 1