Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Finished up Oracle of Ages after playing it off and on for the past 3 years. 

This game was terrible. It doesnt deserve a picture. Easily the worst Zelda game I've played. There was little to no direction so I never had any idea where I was going. Traveling back and forth through time was just frustrating. Especially when you tried travelling and it was a spot you could travel to, so you have to wait for it to transport you back, slightly move, the do it again. The dungeons were just frustrating. And it was overall just a bad time.

The only reason I pushed myself through it was so that I could get the true ending in Oracle of Seasons. When I was a kid, I only had Seasons, and I loved it. So when the two games got put up on the 3DS shop, I snagged them both so I could finally get the true ending hinted at the end of the game. Now is finally the time. I just really hope Seasons is as good as I remember. I dont think I'll make it through another game like Ages.

• Like 3

Update with Platinum #99: Spyro the Dragon

Image result for spyro the dragon

Nostalgia blast at its' best! I loved playing all three games on the PSX when I was younger, though I am biased on the fact that Spyro 2 was my first dip into the series and holds a special place in my heart.

However, the game was recreated near perfection and it was such a blast to go through the levels again. The only nitpick that I have is that they couldn't get the original soundtrack for the game (it was too degraded) so they had to re-record the entire game track and re-hired most of the original voice actors. But the actor for Spyro for Ripto's Rage! and Year of the Dragon now voices the purple dragon in the first game. It is a small change, but it is still a bit disappointing in the long run for those that have played the original game.

While others have complained that the change of the Gnorc Commando weapons from actual guns and bullets in one of the last levels of the game to goo shooters. I actually found that the change made the level feel more original. As it really didn't change anything dynamic about the level overall.

Other than that, the playability of the game is great. Spyro plays just like I remember and I can't wait to see how Spyro 2 and 3 hold up in the remaster.

Looks like I went over into negatives and it isn't even Christmas yet

So here is everything that has been added over the past few crazy months. Most of it is from PS+, 2 games were bought by my dad as move in gifts to the new place, and 3 of them are pre-orders.

PS+: (in no particular order)

Here They Lie

Another World
Q.U.B.E

The Bridge

Burly Men at Sea

Yakuza Kiwami

Bulletstorm

Arkedo Series

Gifts:

Super Mario Party (for Kirby)

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Purchased:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Assassin's Creed Unity

Town of Light

Pre-Order: (not added to backlog total yet)

Darksiders 3

Kingdom Hearts 3

Resident Evil 2

Edited by BlazzingWind
Added additional thoughts to review of Spyro and actually put in my list of pre-orders
  • Like 2

I'm going to do something different.

I'm switching over to the trophy hunter scoring of 1/3 for story, 1 for full completion.

... Now, before any trophy hunters congratulate me for joining the club, my intention here is not to start trophy hunting (more than the casual way in which I do it already), but my intention here is that I should buy even less games and play more. Going over to a system in which I have to do nine story completions before I can buy a new game should do the trick. And if I get full points for a 100% completion... Well, then at least I really did everything in a game, and that's worth a bonus.

In keeping with my previous list, I was at -1 games allowed to buy and I was at 43 2/3 points, so I'll keep the last game I bought in this post as well as what caused my 1 2/3 past 42, which is SOMA story + 100% and Accounting+ DLC - which, funny enough, would total a 1 2/3 in the new system too.

@Paleblood next time you feel like updating the OP, you can make this my new first post. Also, I've got 42 titles in the last first post, so 40 without SOMA and Accounting+, combined with the first first post's 15 that would bring me to 55 games for this event before this third first post, and 57 games as of the initial writing of this third first post.

Backlog

PS4

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition

Feist

Jak And Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Just Cause 3 DLC

LEGO Harry Potter 2

Little Nightmares DLC

Psychonauts

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Styx: Master Of Shadows

White Night

PSVR

ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission

Farpoint

How We Soar

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes

The Last Guardian VR

Robinson: The Journey

SUPERHOT VR

Tethered

VEV: Viva Ex Vivo

Wayward Sky

PS4 PS+

2064 Read Only Memories

Amnesia Collection

Apotheon

Bloodborne

Broforce

Escape Plan

Fez

forma.8

Furi

Galak-Z

Heavy Rain

King Oddball

Letter Quest Remastered

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime

Lumo

Mafia III

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Rebel Galaxy

Rocketbirds 2

Roundabout

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

Sky Force Anniversary

Space Overlords

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game Of Clones

Super Exploding Zoo

Super Meat Boy

Trackmania Turbo

Tropico 5

XCOM 2

Xeodrifter

PSVR PS+

Here They Lie

StarBlood Arena

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood

Switch

Bayonetta

Bayonetta 2

Binaries

Blaster Master Zero

The Bridge

Cave Story+

The Count Lucanor

Deemo

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Fall

forma.8

FRAMED 1-2

Goetia

Golf Story

Hollow Knight

Hyrule Warriors

Kid Tripp

Manticore - Galaxy On Fire

Mario Tennis Aces

MechaNika

Mega Man 1-6

Mega Man X 1-4

Membrane

Night In The Woods

Pan-Pan

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu

Pool Panic

Rayman Legends

Riptide GP Renegade

Robonauts

Shovel Knight: King Knight campaign

Snake Pass

Sonic Mania

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (including DLC)

Splitter Critters

Super Mario Party

Super One More Jump

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Voez

Völgarr The Viking

Wandersong

The Way Remastered

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Yooka-Laylee

SNES

Astérix & Obélix

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!

Earthworm Jim

F-Zero

Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues

The Jungle Book

The Lion King

Starwing (Star Fox as it was called in the PAL region)

Super Castlevania IV

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

Super Mario Bros. 3

N64

Aero Gauge

Banjo-Kazooie

Body Harvest

Diddy Kong Racing

Donkey Kong 64

F-Zero X

Hydro Thunder

Goldeneye 007

Jet Force Gemini

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

PilotWings 64

Pokémon Snap

Star Wars: Episode I Racer

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire

Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil

Yoshi's Story

PS1

Driver

Grand Theft Auto 2

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

PS3

Angry Birds Trilogy

Angry Birds Star Wars

Burnout Paradise

Crysis

Disney Infinity

echochrome

ICO

inFamous

inFamous 2

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones

Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within

Tokyo Jungle

Worms Crazy Golf

PS3 (gifts from others)

Enslaved: Oddyssey To The West

Fallout 3 GOTY

Grand Theft Auto IV (complete edition, DLC left to do)

Õkami

Prototype

Prototype 2

PS3 PS+

Anna - Extended Edition

BlazeRush

Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood

Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger

Chariot

Costume Quest 2

Dishonored

Duke Nukem 3D

Earth Defense Force 2025 HDD

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

From Dust

God Of War: Ascension

GRID Autosport

I Am Alive

Lone Survivor

Puppeteer

Rayman 3 HD

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments

Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time

Super Stardust HD

Thief

Vessel

As PS+ backlog, I count games I actually decided to download and haven't removed yet.

Actively playing

Spoiler

PS4

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (will play all DLCs on release)

Spyro 1

PSVR

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

How We Soar

Wayward Sky

Switch

Wandersong

Pool Panic

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu

Tabletop RPG

Star Wars - Edge Of The Empire as well as Star Wars - Age Of Rebellion (mixed group of leftover players from two separate teams), currently on self-written sessions.

Game points: 1

Partial game points: 4

Spoiler

PS4

SOMA (main game + 100%)

Burly Men At Sea (platinum)

Valley (main game + platinum)

PSVR

Accounting+ (DLC)

Switch

Games bought: 2

Spoiler

PS4

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

PSVR

ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission

Switch

Number of games still allowed to buy: -1

Edited by Agent 47
updates
  • Like 1

For Little Dragon's Cafe I have collected 1/10 recipes from NPCs and I have 24 ingredients left to collect. I'll get around to doing the rest of this if and when I can be bothered.

In the meantime I've started up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and I'm looking at starting Far Cry 4 as it has some online trophies and I don't want to be caught out like I was with Hitman Absolution.

I think I'll be buying a PS+ subscription again soon and powering through as many of those games as possible, and anything with an online mode.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Asvinia said:

For Little Dragon's Cafe I have collected 1/10 recipes from NPCs and I have 24 ingredients left to collect. I'll get around to doing the rest of this if and when I can be bothered.

In the meantime I've started up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and I'm looking at starting Far Cry 4 as it has some online trophies and I don't want to be caught out like I was with Hitman Absolution.

I think I'll be buying a PS+ subscription again soon and powering through as many of those games as possible, and anything with an online mode.

PS+ has a black Friday sale: 47,99 Euro.

• Like 1

Minor gripe:

Spyro 2 boss Gulp. In the original game this was the second easiest boss, but now you have to beat him without being hit. I tried over 50 times last night, got him down to 2 hits left and the dang 4 shot homing energy balls kept hitting me.

Beyond frustrated and just needed to vent before I try again after work.

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Minor gripe:

Spyro 2 boss Gulp. In the original game this was the second easiest boss, but now you have to beat him without being hit. I tried over 50 times last night, got him down to 2 hits left and the dang 4 shot homing energy balls kept hitting me.

Beyond frustrated and just needed to vent before I try again after work.

Don't give up! You will get it done!

• Like 1

Platinum #100: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

Image result for spyro 2

While the first game was remastered with very few overall changes to the game, the second game underwent more of a dynamic change. First of all, the orbs do not bounce when they are given. They just appear in the air, similar to how the talismans appear after they are earned. The familiar 'ding' sounds were gone away with in the remaster. Another thing to say goodbye is the chant from Colossus with the monks. On top of that, Elora's new voice actress has gone with the role in a more friendly/flirty route which kinda ruins her character for me. Along with this, there are certain 'orb challenges' that were extremely difficult in the original version that have been tanked here in exchange for the really easy challenges, now being much much harder. But, with the complaints out of the way, the review.

The second game in the Reignited Trilogy was beautifully remastered just the same as the first. Controls are responsive and the worlds are as vibrant as I remember. In this game, more so than the first, the skill points bring more to the table and enhance the difficulty of the overall experience of the game. But, as was my mistake, the skill points are not required for the platinum or really, any trophy in the trilogy. They are used to unlock the 'Sketchbook' for each game which shows exclusive images of the characters/enemies encountered in the game.

As for the enjoyment of the game, it was more subdued than normal. I really enjoy Ripto's Rage! but there were just to many changes for my liking. Hunter was dumbed down even more than previously in his dialogue, the cutscenes are a bit over the top with the 'cartoony' aspect. I suppose this is an example of nostalgia coloring the lenses when looking back at a treasured game.

I will concede that this trilogy being remastered is a big deal and will hopefully lead to great things, but I wish that Toys For Bob didn't feel the need to change so much from the original.

Overall - 8/10 rating and for those that haven't played, definitely get this trilogy, it's a blast.

• Like 3

Update:

For clarification, went back over my totals and they are as follows -

Original Points: 22

Game Points Used: 21

Games Purchased: 7

After all purchases (including pre-orders)

Game Points Used: 24

Games Purchased: 13

Unlucky number 13 rears its' head. I thought my numbers were skewed and I was right. Looks like I am way above the negative mark heading into Christmas. I doubt it is possible, but hopefully I can get the points knocked back down before the start of the new year.

The pre-orders have been added into the total. Unless I missed anything else, everything should add up correctly now.

• Like 1

1477489468-4179914814.jpg

Finished up Saints Row 2.

I absolutely hate GTA. I think they're all steaming piles of aggressively unfun garbage. So imagine my surprise when I decided to try Saints Row 3, after getting it with PS+, and absolutely loving it. It's one of my favorite games. I've got it at 100% and even got it on Steam to replay. Being a big fan of 3, I was told to try 2. I've been told by a lot of people that it's better. So I had to see for myself.

The simple answer is that it's not. Controls are worse, the activities are less fun and less integrated into the game, there's insane difficulty spikes, and it's just overall not as good as 3.

The complicated answer, is that I get why some people do like if more than 3. Especially fans of GTA. The story takes itself a lot more seriously than 3 and it feels more like running a gang. There's a few, "Oh shit," moments that I really wasnt expecting too. A few of the characters are also vastly different. Okay, mostly Shaundi. So I can understand how 3 would be a letdown to a long time fan, and be "better", in their eyes. As someone who doesnt usually like this style of game, it definitely wasnt, but it was still enjoyable enough for me to play it all the way through.

It really made me want to play 3, but I'm controlling myself so I can keep going on the backlog. I'm hoping to be able to get Smash once it comes out, and dont want to be too involved in anything else. It's looking like I may have to sell my Switch to be able to make rent this month though. And I wont be able to get another one until next summer if I do. Either way, I'm up to 7 points now, but I want to keep saving as much as possible in case I get some games for Christmas. I really dont want to go negative again.

• Like 2

Got the platinum!

Lca7015.png

A promising, but ultimately boring game. I blame the short length, and the large amount of repetition when going for the platinum.

Glad I got it through PS+ though because I was all ready to buy it on the first sale it'd get on the Switch. Now I know I don't need to bother, and that it's overpriced.

• Like 1

Finished the story!

Lafecec.png

Glad I got it on a sale, would have been disappointed at its full price. For €5, it's pretty neat, though ultimately forgettable because it's too much by the numbers.

4 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

interesting line-up for Plus, will probably add Onrush, SOMA and Papers Please to my backlog list/to decide list. Any thoughts on Iconolast?

No thoughts on Iconolast (or Iconoclasts, for that matter, whe-hey), but I have thoughts on SOMA and Papers, Please.

Play them. Play them right away.

• Like 2

2s6pzid.jpg

I finally managed to withdraw myself from BF5 to play some other games too. Still had to finish Broken Age which I did today. Love the Schaffer games, this one had some difficult puzzles. Good thing is that the puzzles are random so you can look on the internet but there you only can find the approach to solve them. Very nice story. I messed up my first play through as I didn't kept my notes on the puzzles. You need some solutions later in the gameb?. So decided to do the ending during my speed run; :gold: Let's Get this Good Time Over With Complete Broken Age in under an hour, not counting loading and paused gameplay. I dislike these kind of trophies but hey, wanted to plat this game,

Bought two games ; Dishonored, the death of an outsider and Ether One.

So 15 games done!

• Like 1

Bought a game!

Spyro-Reignited-Trilogy-GM-Edition-PS4.j

Someone didn't pick up their pre-order so I could get the only edition of Spyro that made me want it day one: the version with the cable guy.

I've used the store credit I was initially going to use for Smash, so either this one doesn't count as being bought or Smash does. Going for this one counts as bought - I don't know yet if I'm still going to pick up Smash, but I just want to keep myself in the minus here so I don't buy too many new games (I'm looking at Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality right now but other than that I want to be done for the year).

18 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

How long is Papers, Please?

I'd say somewhere in between three and four hours. I recommend not looking at the trophies until afterwards, you can just rush through the game in an hour or two to lap up everything you might have missed, and it should be possible to go back to an earlier day (think the game takes thirty in-game work days, or thereabouts).

Edited by Agent 47
  • Like 2

Update

Platinum 101 - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Image result for spyro 3

The third game in the trilogy is different than the others in that I've only ever played it once. It was never my favorite of the series and this replay has only strengthened that notion.

Minigames make a return and they are more varied than the previous game but also feel like they bog the experience down. There is no longer a direct story for each world which makes each level feel cookie cutter, without the creativity of the first game. And finally, this game introduces other 'playable' characters. None of the four additional characters are fleshed out fully (not the remakes fault, the dialogue remains unchanged) and they are just extensions on minigames without storylines themselves.

But my biggest complaint is the already wonky skate/snowboarding minigames with Hunter. These games had very finicky controls and the remakes has only increased the sensitivity making them frustrating tests of patience.

Finally, the platinum is awarded not for 100% like the other games. But for simply defeating The Sorcess, which can be done with 80 something eggs of the total 149. It feels like a weird oversight that ignores the extra bonus level and the secret it contains.

Beyond all this, the game was a Spyro game. It doesn't really add anything to the series overall other than smoother controls on everything besides trying to steer the new vehicles.

Overall, it's an okay game with a few big flaws that can be looked over for the enjoyment that is Spyro. Final rating 7/10.

Platinum 102 - Burly Men At Sea

Image result for burly men at sea

A simplistic game with a bare bones color scheme broken into 12 short 10 minute 'stories'. There isnt much to say about this 'game' without spoiling the brief segments of stories. Not a terrible game but it got boring quickly and I dont really see a reason for paying for this game. Anything above $3 is too much. Final rating 4/10

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 2

hyrule_warriors_nintendo_wii_u_game-wide 

Finally finished up the Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess adventure maps in Hyrule Warriors. With that done, I'm finally completely finished with Hyrule Warriors. Which brings my Wii U backlog down to just one game, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

It's going to be pretty weird not having Hyrule Warriors to fall back to whenever I need some Warriors action. I've been playing it for the past couple of years working through the adventure maps, which were just ridiculous. Maybe eventually I'll try out Fire Emblem Warriors, or just pick up the Switch version of Hyrule Warriors the next time I've got the itch, haha.

That brought me up to 9 points, but while I wanted to save as many points as possible for Christmas, stupid PSN had to have a good sale. I've been waiting for Agents of Mayhem to get a nice discount, and that time is now. It's on sale for just $6 for the base game and all the DLC. Even though I don't have a PS4 right now, I'm getting a new one next month. So I had to pick it up while it was cheap, which dropped me down to 6 points. And luckily I'll be able to get Smash after all, which will bring me down to just 3 points once it comes out in a couple of days. I'm just going to hope I don't get too many games for Christmas, haha.

For now, I'm just going to take a break for the next couple of days and not play anything. I know once Smash hits that's basically all I'll be doing, so no reason to start anything new, haha.

• Like 2

Lad02dd.png

completed games numer 18 and 19: Heavy Rain (PS3) and Heavy Rain (PS4).

I actually completed Heavy Rain already in 2010. But for some reason after completing it I never synched my trophies. I was a Xbox 360 player back then and used the PS3 mainly as Blu-Ray player. One day I decided to sell the old noisy PS3 and bought a new revision that was more silent. Only after selling the console I realized that I still had not synched my trophies. So HR was a 2% entry in my list since then. When browsing through my backlog I found it again and decided to play through again. I did a blind playthrough on the PS3 and realized afterwards that I messed up the "Perfect Crime" trophy. I would have needed nearly another complete playthrough. So I decided to take a look how the PS4 version has improved, since this was also on my backlog (I think I got it with PS+). Actually what really has improved is the loading time between the chapters. Graphically it looks nearly the same as on the PS3. But I think it looks great on both consoles. It's amazing how good an 8 year old PS3 game looks!

The PS4 playthrough I did with a guide to optimize the path to the platinum.

Heavy Rain is still an amazing game. In my opinion the best game made by Quantic Dream. For anyone who hasn't played it, I can fully recommend to try it out.

original post

• Like 3

#4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Enjoyable game, Survival is fun but gets tedious if you have to grind. Still need DLC´s but considering they´re expensive it´s not currently worth imo.

Going to continue the Call of Duty-series streak and jumping on Ghosts as next! I will probably platinum every CoD game except Infinite Warfare, I don´t even wanna touch that garbage haha.

Thanks to @dolleyezTV and @micnad95 (which seems not be registered here?) for the help with Spec Ops missions and xp grind.

• Like 3