Spring 2018 Backlog Challenge

Update :)

PS4:

Bully: 11% (8/38) --> 73% (32/38)

Nier Automata:  8% (6/48)

Child of Light: 14%

Shadow of the Colossos: 13 % (9/38)

PS3:

Ratchet & Clank a crack in time:  100% (37/37)

Vita:

Steins;Gate 0%

I'm on my way to completing Bully. I just have to grind out the last trophies and I think I'll be able to finish it before the challenge ends. I really like replaying Bully, played it back on the ps2 and really liked the game back then. It's fun to play it again after so many years.

38 minutes ago, colinmazzini said:

Last update:

1. Seasons after fall (PS4) - 100%:platinum:

2. Late shift (PS4) -100% :platinum:

3. Batman season 1(PS4) - 100%  :platinum:

4. Rime (PS4) -100% :platinum:

5. Planet of the eyes (PS4) -100% :platinum:

6. Oxenfree (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Abyss: the Wraiths of Eden (PS4) -100% :platinum:

8. Lost Grimoires 2 (PS4) - 100%:platinum:

9. Hidden Agenda (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

10. Burly Men at Sea (PSVita) 100% :platinum:

11.Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (psvita) -100%  :platinum:

12. Dokuro (psvita) -100% :platinum:

13. Full Throttle (PS Vita) -100% :platinum:

14. ICEY (PS4) -100% :platinum:

15. Black the Fall (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

16. Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier (PS4) -100% :platinum:

17. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS vita) - 100% :platinum:

18. Oceanhorn - Monster of the Uncharted Sea (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

19. Perfect Angle (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

20. Claire (PS4) - 8% => 100% :platinum:

I have now finished the final game of my list. All 20 completed. Good luck to everyone trying to finish up their lists before June.

Just a reminder summer challenge starts up on Friday and a great opportunity to move some of the unfinished games from your list to complete over the summer.

You have a few lists to add on there.

• Like 1

This will be my last update before the spring challange ends. Many of these games that I did not finish ended up as part of the Summer Camp event. I hope to complete most of those in the first couple weeks.

Grim Fandango: 100%:platinum:

Cat Quest: 100% :platinum:

Tokyo Xanadu: 30%> 42%

The Wolf Among Us: 100%:platinum:

Murdered Soul Suspect: 15%

South Park TFBW: 16%

Abzu: 20%

Yonder: 0%> 63%

Among The Sleep: 100%

Firewatch: 0%

Persona 4: 0%

• Like 2

On 28-5-2018 at 5:31 PM, Fanatixa1 said:

Last update! :)

PS4:

Bully: 73% (32/38) —> 100% (38/38)

Nier Automata:  8% (6/48)

Child of Light: 14%

Shadow of the Colossos: 13 % (9/38)

PS3:

Ratchet & Clank a crack in time:  100% (37/37)

Vita:

Steins;Gate 0%

This is my last update! Got the platinum in bully today, happy to have finished the game and going to start the summer challenge after this one. 

• Like 1

FINAL UPDATE:

1. The Inpatient - :platinum:

2. Job Simulator - :platinum:

3. Surgeon Simulator - :platinum:

4. The American Dream - :platinum:

5. Sneaky Bears - 100% :gold:

6. The Lost Bear -100% :gold:

7. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin -100% :gold:

8. GNOG - 100% :gold:

9. Statik - 100% :gold:

10. Doom VFR - 100% :gold:

11. Theseus - 100% :gold:

12. Robinson: The Journey :platinum:

13. Dino Frontier :platinum:

14. Hex Tunnel - :platinum:

15. The Invisible Hours :platinum:

16. Moss :platinum:

17. Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier -  :platinum:

18. Batman: The Enemy Within :platinum:

19. Guardians of the Galaxy :platinum:

20. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) - :platinum:

21. South Park: The Fractured But Whole:platinum:

So I wanted A Boy and His Blob to be the last game I finish but I decided to finally play the South Park games instead. I'll move A Boy and His Blob over to the Summer Backlog Challenge. Overall I think I made a pretty good dent on my backlog.

NEW GAMES I played while I should have been finishing my backlog:

1. Floor Plan: Hands-On Edition :gold:

2. Island Time :platinum:

3. Crisis on the Planet of the Apes VR :platinum:

4. A Way Out :platinum:

5. God of War :platinum:

6. Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality:platinum:

• Like 2

Last Update:

First of all, I wanted to say thanks for letting me participate despite being a little late to the party ? really liked the challenge!!! It pushed me to play, even though I was not in the mood or felt lazy after work. Usually, I ended up having a lot of fun and finished games that otherwise would still lay dormant on my backlog list ?

Bastion - 45% => 82%

Burnout Paradise Remastered - 82% => 86:platinum:

Gravity Rush Remastered 100:platinum:

Lords of the Fallen - 67%

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - 100:platinum:

Oxenfree - 60% => 100:platinum:

Pyre 0%

New Entry:

SOMA - 0% => 100:gold:

Burnout Paradise Remastered was a blast and played its big nostalgia factor pretty well. The gameplay stayed the same and makes it easy to just switch on your console to play for a bit. None of the trophies are demanding and silly things distracting you in the open world is the only danger 1f609.png I was able to achieve all the "Single-Player" trophies without any problems, however, I'm still missing a lot of the online achievments. On the one hand, I was having problems to find people joining the sessions I've created. On the other, players in public groups were usually doing different stuff and didn't seem to focus on the trophies at all.

Eventually, I will have to set up a boosting session here but luckily the requirements for the remaining things are pretty straightforward. 

I had Bastion in my backlog for a long time but hesitated to start it (I don't no why in retrospective). I'm really glad I played this little gem of a game and recommended it to my friends right away. The art-style is just astonishing and the "simple" story actually had some really interesting aspects. I have to admit that the levels seemed a bit repetitive in the beginning but the game really grew upon me and I ended up liking the second playthrough better than the first one. I was able to focus more on the story and the various weapon styles. I managed to beat 3 out of the 4 dreams after some exercising, with all 10 Shrine Idols invoked, but did not even came close to finish the last one 

After a while I stopped trying due to time constrains but I also didn't want to ruin my impression of the game. I will tackle it again during my third playthrough in Score Attack Mode in order to earn 1,000,000 points. 

Gravity Rush Remastered was another (rather) short game, which positively surprised me and I can't wait to play the sequel. You just have to like Kat and Raven ?well actually all the characters are adorable. The art-style (both in-game and cut-scene) just matched perfectly the story and created a beautiful world, I was happy to visit. The gravity mechanics were something fresh but I had to get used to them. However, I wished they were more precise because I not only missed enemies but also various landing points and screwed up several time challenges. Even though telling the story in various chapters is a nice idea, the gameplay unfortunately didn't change a lot and got repetitive towards the end. Thats a bit sad because the premise and location of each chapter was different but you ended up doing the same things over and over again. Nevertheless, Gravity Rush made me realize that I should start playing more Japanese games in the future. 

Lords of the Fallen was my very first PS4 game and I'm still having mixed feelings about it. During my first attempt (back in March 2015), I've just made it past the first Boss and never touched it again until this Spring Challenge! Nothing in the game really appealed to me...the story is boring and predictable, there is not a single likeable character and I've never got used to the clunky gameplay. Even after learning the mechanics and the different fighting styles, my initial impression still holds...it was a huge drag beating the game once and I just could not force myself to go through it for a second or even a third time. 

I did not play the first entry of the series and went into Mirror's Edge Catalyst pretty much blind. Even though the story was average (and the end predictable like a Hollywood movie), I had a blast with the game and the parkour mechanics overall. The open world gave me a unique feeling of scale and running form one end of the map to the other just never got old. However, finding all the collectibles or finishing all dashes with a 3 star rating was a tedious task...(I'm talking to you "Scenic Route" ? )

Oxenfree was hands down the highlight on my list. The story is incredible and the atmosphere just so immersive. After starting the game, I couldn't stop playing cause I wanted to know what is going to happen to Alex and her friends. Shame on me for waiting soo long to play this game 1f60b.png each playthrough was different and the various "timelines" did not seem forced upon the player but expended the story with interesting details. Cannot praise this game enough and I'm looking forward to Night School Studio's new project. 

Unfortunately, I was not able to start Pyre during this Spring Challenge but I was sneaky enough to finish SOMA instead. And boy oh boy was this a hell of a ride 

The game itself is not really difficult but some of the puzzles were a bit tricky (but impressive), however at no point is a guide required to solve them. Usually, horror is not my favorite genre but this game and its atmosphere just sucked me in completely. The characters, story and setting gives you a lot to think about and made me question what really defines being human. Maybe this sounds a bit over the top but the narrative of this game is truly phenomenal. 

There is actually so much backstory and attention to detail that it sometimes overwhelmed me. Therefore, I started to watch various videos on yt regarding the lore after I beat the game and it pieces the narrative together in a really nice way, which I wasn't able to while playing. Some informations presented there provided me a much clearer picture of what exactly happened to the world and characters. Can't wait to find out more and really delve deeper into SOMA and its mysteries.

• Like 3

Last Update:

Thank you very much for letting my participate. Final total is 8/10 games completed. While I am a little sore that I did not get to finish all the games I had planned, I still enjoyed the push to get back into the rhythm of playing games after a while of not playing anything for long stretches. Have to say that the best game I played was Steins;Gate and I no longer remember why it was on my backlog for so long, I really should have played it as soon as I got it.

The last two games on my list don't qualify for the Summer Challenge as they are over the 20% gap but I will still get them finished and then move right along to the next challenge.

• Like 2