Price Increase

As a fan of their games, it's sad to see so many people will be boycotting future releases. :(

HOWEVER: I can't blame you one bit, it is really cheeky to raise the prices of the older games, if nothing else. I just hope it doesn't mean we'll stop seeing the games period, rather restore the status quo, though clearly, some people here don't mind either way.

1 hour ago, AtsumaKarin said:

As a fan of their games, it's sad to see so many people will be boycotting future releases. :(

HOWEVER: I can't blame you one bit, it is really cheeky to raise the prices of the older games, if nothing else. I just hope it doesn't mean we'll stop seeing the games period, rather restore the status quo, though clearly, some people here don't mind either way.

I only really care about the older ones being raised. I already own them, I just think its a bs move lol. I still want this game, but instead of buying on day 1 like usual Im going to wait until a flash sale. Whats really annoying is, Ive seen a bunch of people Tweeting to them about this issue and they havent replied to any of them. I know they had the news on their site, but they could still reply to people on Twitter and I think they should 100% go back and put all those older games back to $10...

Edit: So on Twitter they finally put a link to a generic statement and someone in the comments posted this link saying heres what people really think of your price increase. The Xbox gamers seem pretty pissed about this lol. https://www.trueachievements.com/n31393/price-increase-for-all-artifex-mundi-games

Edited by jdizzle0420

Man they have the worst defenses for the price increase of all time. Not even EA is this ridiculous. They increased the price so that older games didn't seem "inferior" for being cheaper? Imagine if EA had increased the price of the Mass Effect trilogy when Andromeda came out. "Hey, don't want to make them look inferior by being cheaper!" Absolutely disgusting, and I can't believe there are people that defend them. And act as though the people who take issue with this are "salty" or "entitled" [multiple people on TrueAchievements did this]. Nobody I've seen cares they increased the price of NEW games. Everyone cares they're retroactively increasing the price on old games for bullshit reasons.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

^ Exactly. If anything all those old games should have went down in price and I think they would sell more. Raising the prices is pushing customers away imo. Most people wont even buy a game day 1 for full price. Theyll buy it when its been out for a few years and is cheaper or wait for a flash sale if its a digital only game...

On 2/2/2018 at 3:42 PM, lordzeze said:

It's one thing to increase the price on your new games, but it is a whole other thing to increase your prices on all your already released games. Pretty crappy thing to do. I know I won't be supporting this studio anymore.

Vouch

its kinda like when fallout4 season pass was first available it was $35, then soon after they shot it up to $50

bye bye artifex mundi

your point and click games arent valued at $15 a pop in my eyes

good thing i got the majority of their titles at 10$ each and less when individual titles went on sale

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Vouch

its kinda like when fallout4 season pass was first available it was $35, then soon after they shot it up to $50

bye bye artifex mundi

your point and click games arent valued at $15 a pop in my eyes

good thing i got the majority of their titles at 10$ each and less when individual titles went on sale

At least with Fallout they expanded their DLC plans (or at least that is what they claimed to justify the price increase). Artifex Mundi added nothing to these old games when they increased the prices.