Price Increase

8 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Yeah its around 9 or 10 on steam so whats the deal indeed! Seems BS

Ive seen a few people on Twitter also complaining, some are Xbox users and some are PS users, so Ive been commenting on all their Tweets hoping Artifex Mundi will see were not happy about this lol...

It's one thing to increase the price on your new games, but it is a whole other thing to increase your prices on all your already released games. Pretty crappy thing to do. I know I won't be supporting this studio anymore.

^ Exactly how I feel...

Edited by jdizzle0420

@Lagoon Aris posted this to me in another thread, which kind of explains the price increase going forward.  I still find it incredibly shady practice to increase the price on all their old games - don't get me wrong I enjoy them but I don't think they are anywhere near worth a $15 price point.  Will wait for sales.

Yeah, they increased the prices for new games on Steam since quite a while. They made a statement regarding that here on their site.
In short: They try to keep up to the standard of publishing a new game every 3 weeks in the best possible quality. To get that and to keep up with the market, they had to increase their prices. That statement is regarding their PC/mobile versions but I guess, it also hit the consoles now. I really had hoped, they would at least let their old games stay at the 10$ price since Nightmares from the Deep 3, for example, is technically 4 years old and they "just" ported it 1-to-1 to consoles (note: I understand that porting alone is quite a process, and probably requires a lot of new coding/programming even though the visuals and game mechanics remain unchanged). Guess, we have to adjust to the 15$ prices for upcoming ports as well.

• Like 2

Well, since I was already quoted... I'm not really content with this as well. Only reason I posted that was for some clarification as I think that's probably the most we will get. Their earliest games started with 8€ on Steam, the later games had risen to 10€ with lots of them not even being made by them but only published. But they usually tended to give a 20% pre-order bonus, so you still got the games for about 8€. I haven't bought any games from them on Steam in a while since I changed to a console player and don't use my pc anymore so I didn't even notice their newest price increase. I only see it now with Nightmares 3 and I would kinda have accepted it, if it would have been only Nightmares 3 and upcoming installments. But I have to agree that it simply isn't acceptable to increase the prices of their already published games on PS as well. That's not how it should work. Once a price is set and out, it should stay that way or go lower like it is with AAA and old games in general.

Their decision really makes me wonder if I should buy their games. So far I already had played every PS4 game from them. And 10€ was quite a lot for such short games considering you can get some PS4 games with more playability for the same money. 

Also they state in their statement that they increase prices to give out their best quality of games on a regular basis but I feel like everything in the last two years was the same stuff over and over with nothing new or remarkable and even the stories got worse with each new game... So yeah...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Also they state in their statement that they increase prices to give out their best quality of games on a regular basis but I feel like everything in the last two years was the same stuff over and over with nothing new or remarkable and even the stories got worse with each new game

Exactly

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Just buy their games when they go on sale. Problem solved.

It will still be more money with the old games that already had sales previously. 50% off $15 is more than 50% off $10. So when these old games go on sale again, they will still be more money then in previous sales.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

$20 in Canada now. Yeah...no. It's understandable to set a higher price for their new games if they're struggling, but to increase the price of games they've already released is a really scummy move regardless of their reasoning. I already only bought their games on sale anyway so it's not that big a deal to me, I'll just have to wait a little longer to get them for $5 or under I guess. I enjoy the games, but they're all so similar and relatively short that a $20 asking price per is a bit of an insult.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Just buy their games when they go on sale. Problem solved.

that's what i do for the most part unless i really want it (very rare) that i do this on digital games.

gotta maximize my dollar to game ratio.

Edited by kingdrake2

I've noticed that too, went up in price here too.  Usually these games are about $15, now it's close to $24, so a bit of increase.

But speaking of this game, they do have this available too for those that have not played either of the first two, nor this one: https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/product/EP1667-CUSA10429_00-NFTD00COLLECTION

3 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

It's absurd to increase the price of games already released. Can't say I cared about their games, but I definitely will avoid them forever now. don't want to support that kind of nonsense.

This exactly.  It's their prerogative if they want to increase the cost of their games going forward.  But to retroactively increase the price of all their games is sleezy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themindisacity said:

This exactly.  It's their prerogative if they want to increase the cost of their games going forward.  But to retroactively increase the price of all their games is sleezy.

Right? Prices are meant to go *DOWN* on already released stuff,  not UP. smdh

Not sure what they were thinking. I can buy their excuse for games going forward costing more, but increasing the price of every other game they already released is just greed.

• Like 1

Well, good thing I bought all of their old titles when they were $10! I was going to buy Shantae Half-Genie Hero as well as Secret of Mana but it looks like the former is going to go on the back burner until March! (I bought Disgaea 5 Complete and didn't want to waste all of my food money.)

At least it's only a $4 increase. I'm willing to buy those new games at $15 if I have to because I want to finish the stories they tell. I mean, if they are getting more prosperous, then they will have to increase their prices a tad to make up for extra staff salaries. It's unfortunate that Mundi titles are no longer on the cheap game slot in my life but as long as it doesn't become $24.99 every title and they ship new titles for the PS4, I am okay with that.