EA Ruined This Franchise

Trugo314

I played a lot of Undisputed 3, by far my favorite fighting game. I picked this up because of how cheap it was now that 3 is coming out, and I hate it. Stand-up fights are annoying because a lot of my shots miss because the opponent just moves back a step. This makes me waste stamina because it seems like every move takes away an inch of my health. Once things go to the ground it's a total nightmare for me. What was so bad with the grappling hud from Undisputed 3? Now I have to guard transitions based on the opponents body movement, instead of a graphic. So that's annoying as all get out in the first place, but the reaction time even needed to block a transition is unholy. I can't predict a transition because the game won't let you, so I'm forced to make a nano-second reaction to enjoy this game. I hate it. 

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. This game improved so much more than the THQ UFCs. The animations, graphics, are much more fluid and the KOs have a really good ragdoll physics vs the preset knock out animations. 

I also never had an issue with the stand-up game. In fact that was the best part imo. The ground game can be easy once you get the hang of it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. This game improved so much more than the THQ UFCs. The animations, graphics, are much more fluid and the KOs have a really good ragdoll physics vs the preset knock out animations. 

I also never had an issue with the stand-up game. In fact that was the best part imo. The ground game can be easy once you get the hang of it. 

Honestly a lot of my frustration stems from the huge changes. Trying to guard makes it easier for your opponent to take you down. Yes it looks pretty and there's thousands of animations, but that doesn't make a game good by its own merit. I'm just a loner on the Internet but in my humble opinion, this is a bad game and I wish I hadn't wasted money on it. There was a great game at the core of Undisputed 3, now the developers prioritize how it looks rather than how it plays. Maybe I would get used to it, but why wasn't there something implemented for new players? Again, in undisputed 3 there was a choice between simple and complex grapple transitions, this helped new players by not throwing every complex mechanic at them and saying go. Now, there's new mechanics and design overhauls that you are forced to learn. 

That's all because you had wrong expectations. You thought you'll get same mechanics you got used to with new graphics. But in fact EA UFC is much more like simulator than arcade. With different issues but still. It's like I had with new DOOM (just hated idea that almost all time you need to kill anyone to open door while in old games you could move anywhere (except key doors) if you could survive.

9 hours ago, Trugo314 said:

I played a lot of Undisputed 3, by far my favorite fighting game. I picked this up because of how cheap it was now that 3 is coming out, and I hate it. Stand-up fights are annoying because a lot of my shots miss because the opponent just moves back a step. This makes me waste stamina because it seems like every move takes away an inch of my health. Once things go to the ground it's a total nightmare for me. What was so bad with the grappling hud from Undisputed 3? Now I have to guard transitions based on the opponents body movement, instead of a graphic. So that's annoying as all get out in the first place, but the reaction time even needed to block a transition is unholy. I can't predict a transition because the game won't let you, so I'm forced to make a nano-second reaction to enjoy this game. I hate it. 

How did you actually expect it to play the same as older games made by different developers? And none of those are actually isssues with the game you just need to learn how to play it. I get it can be frustrating having to learn the game especially the ground game but the stand up in this game is top notch and never once had any issues with it nor have I heard about anyone else having these "issues".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trugo314 said:

Honestly a lot of my frustration stems from the huge changes. Trying to guard makes it easier for your opponent to take you down. Yes it looks pretty and there's thousands of animations, but that doesn't make a game good by its own merit. I'm just a loner on the Internet but in my humble opinion, this is a bad game and I wish I hadn't wasted money on it. There was a great game at the core of Undisputed 3, now the developers prioritize how it looks rather than how it plays. Maybe I would get used to it, but why wasn't there something implemented for new players? Again, in undisputed 3 there was a choice between simple and complex grapple transitions, this helped new players by not throwing every complex mechanic at them and saying go. Now, there's new mechanics and design overhauls that you are forced to learn. 

Change can can be annoying and that's understandable. When I first played it, I was frustrated as hell. But, I took a time out from fights because I was getting owned and I went into practice mode or training mode to learn the basics because I know many just jump in( and I did that) and so I learned everything from scratch, became better. I tried to get A rank on everything which ensured I knew what I was doing.

All in all, I'd say, give it a chance and time. If you still don't like it then I guess the game is not for you. There's nothing wrong with going back and playing older games if this doesn't cut it for you.

Have fun though!

P.S: no need to be a loner haha, there are a bunch of great people here to talk to.

2 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

How did you actually expect it to play the same as older games made by different developers? And none of those are actually isssues with the game you just need to learn how to play it. I get it can be frustrating having to learn the game especially the ground game but the stand up in this game is top notch and never once had any issues with it nor have I heard about anyone else having these "issues".

I didn't to be honest. But it feels like they changed things that didn't need to be changed and left other things the same. For example, stand up strikes still use the face buttons with directional input to change the moves. The right stick is still used for clinches and grapples, and you can still sidestep or dash with a flick of the left stick. It's off-putting and definitely has a higher skill curve, maybe I just suck at EA UFC

• 7 months later...