Frustration Venting Topic

Sicho

Sometimes, a Monster Hunter game can be a frustrating affair.

And sometimes, it just feels good to rant about it for 5 minutes to calm down :D

That's what this thread is for!

-----

I'm really pissed off right now. I had 11 Negrigrante Gems in my inventory and I thought "Let's sell 10 and keep one, maybe you will need it later on." But I did not pay attention and sold all 11.

And of course now I'm missing ONE Gem for a weapon!!

I just killed 6 Negrigantes in a row and not a single gem dropped!
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ???

What really angers me though is that this could have been avoided if either I paid more attention to what I'm doing or if Capcom implemented a simple "Buy back" function at the vendors ... ?

1. Why can't it be, go to vendor and the menu appears. No there has to be dialogue every time you want to interact with a vendor.

2. When there is a hunt quest why isn't there a option to say if the host is planning to capture or to slay it.

3. You need to watch all the cutscenes by your self. Meaning if you want to team up with a friend and both of you needs to do the main quest for the first time. Then you can't join each other because first you need to watch the cutscene.

4. Why cant you prepare meat in your home. Why do you need to go to a hunting area first.

Still love the game.

Edited by Doomsdayman

2 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

1. Why can't it be, go to vendor and the menu appears. No there has to be dialogue every time you want to interact with a vendor.

2. When there is a hunt quest why isn't there a option to say if the host is planning to capture or to slay it.

3. You need to watch all the cutscenes by your self. Meaning if you want to team up with a friend and both of you needs to do the main quest for the first time. Then you can't join each other because first you need to watch the cutscene.

4. Why cant you prepare meat in your home. Why do you need to go to a hunting area first.

Still love the game.

1. Monster Hunter is supposed to immerse yourself as being an actual hunter. When you walk in stores at real life do you just point and they hand you stuff and drop money? No. Conversation is second nature to shopkeeps.

2.Humans have freedom of choice, if I chose capture but then slayed if people would rally Capcoms shit matching system. This is no way by Capcoms fault. I mean you could use a player rating system but thats a whole lot of unnecessary work.

3. This I can see as a legitimate annoyance but for people like me who hate online, wont be a problem.

4. It's heavy, it'd spoil, not as fun. Nobody cooks ALL the food at home THEN camps XD.

12 minutes ago, LordNEET said:

1. Monster Hunter is supposed to immerse yourself as being an actual hunter. When you walk in stores at real life do you just point and they hand you stuff and drop money? No. Conversation is second nature to shopkeeps.

2.Humans have freedom of choice, if I chose capture but then slayed if people would rally Capcoms shit matching system. This is no way by Capcoms fault. I mean you could use a player rating system but thats a whole lot of unnecessary work.

3. This I can see as a legitimate annoyance but for people like me who hate online, wont be a problem.

4. It's heavy, it'd spoil, not as fun. Nobody cooks ALL the food at home THEN camps XD.

1. The first 100 times yes. But after that I just got annoyed of the damn dialogue.

2. It's at least some direction of what the host is planning to do. If the joiners follow it is up to them.

4. Well it's just annoying when you are just doing quests and you just need some meat. I started doing it during quests that I joined.

Also I sometimes carry meat from more then 7 quests ago, how does that doesn't soil. :P

2 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

my rule: sell half of the inventory. You never know if you need the items later.

but I did not want to sell it all, that's the point haha :D

It's just that I want this weapon and am a bit impatient :D 

In general, I don't have a problem fighting Negrigante dozens of times, it's a fun fight and I'm getting pretty good at kicking his ass.

But what bothers me is not the fighting but that I sold that stupid gem that I need right now and that then of course it doesn't drop... I had ELEVEN ffs! I just need ONE and it doesn't drop!! Args :D

yeah but in this case I was really broke and just needed like 16000 or so for an armor thing and was impatient :D And I already had a full Negrigante Armor Set and ELEVEN Gems in the Box so I thought selling some can't hurt.

Again I didn't plan on selling them all. And it's not like I'm missing 5 or so right now, I'm just missing ONE :D And while I had a lot of them when I didn't need them I now don't get any of them when I need one ... sooooo typical :D

10 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

That's my luck I've only gotten 2 gems from enemies the entire time I've been playing so far, got an Anja one and then this Nergy one.

Wanted to farm the gems on Zorah Magdaros. First 5 times I didn't get it, the 6th time I got 3 gems. I really don't know why I got 3 at the same time.

I wonder if there is a 2nd RNG to calculate how many you get?

5 hours ago, Doomsdayman said:

Wanted to farm the gems on Zorah Magdaros. First 5 times I didn't get it, the 6th time I got 3 gems. I really don't know why I got 3 at the same time.

I wonder if there is a 2nd RNG to calculate how many you get?

I don't know, I'm not really counting bird wyvern gems because they seem super common compared to all the rest of the gems, but I did end up carving 2 of them out of the same Kula, which should still have a low chance of happening. Probably just had a really fortuitous role on the rng dice.