Last date to earn a trophy

I think a 'last date to earn a trophy' feature should be added. Specificly when a game's online servers shut down, the online trophies are no longer attainable. Yet I notice there are still people who earn these trophies long after the online servers have shut down. There's only one way these people could have got the trophies, they cheated. Let me give an example.

The Motor storm pacific rift online servers shut down on 10/31/12, yet if you look at just the Legend trophy or the Distinguished Character trophy you can see many earned them after this date and the other online trophies as well. If this feature were added it could auto flag cheaters who earn now impossible trophies.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

• Like 4

It would be a great feature not only to remove cheaters but also to warn people about getting unplatable games. The dates of the trophies that are no longer attainable may be in a different color so we can identity this games easily.

• Like 2

This is a great suggestion.

I only see 2 possible issues; first and foremost is the fact that this would require manual attention by the site leaders. This would require a fair amount if attention and the possible lack of official dates for when the online service(s) went down.

My second possible issue is MP trophies that can be earned in a LAN environment (I.e. don't require PSN or Dev servers to be online).

The idea is still worthy of a "Like" though it may never come to fruition.

• Like 1

When you earn a trophy, it's based off of the clock.  Every Daylight Savings Time, I don't change my PS3, so I can get trophies an hour into the future (all of my WipEout 2048 trophies), so it's possible I can join any online game with my time set a lot farther ahead so it'll appear after the servers shut down.  Or I can earn the trophies before the game comes out (I did this with Duke Nukem Forever on another account).  So I wouldn't suggest this for cheaters.

I do think it would be a good idea though for a notice to appear on games you have, so like if you had trophies for Lord of the Rings: Conquest before the servers shut off, you'd have known when they were going to be turned off.

When you earn a trophy, it's based off of the clock.  Every Daylight Savings Time, I don't change my PS3, so I can get trophies an hour into the future (all of my WipEout 2048 trophies), so it's possible I can join any online game with my time set a lot farther ahead so it'll appear after the servers shut down.  Or I can earn the trophies before the game comes out (I did this with Duke Nukem Forever on another account).  So I wouldn't suggest this for cheaters.

I do think it would be a good idea though for a notice to appear on games you have, so like if you had trophies for Lord of the Rings: Conquest before the servers shut off, you'd have known when they were going to be turned off.

All times are based on a UTC hardware clock, the only way to sync it is to connect to PSN.