Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

If anyone's wondering about the point where the Peon Ball calculation starts going into astronomical numbers instead of the usual Shampurus/1000 calculation (Sun classification), I got it at 136433 shampurus. Might depend on shampuru power since having it go off at slightly above 136k shampurus is kinda odd, but it provides a good ballpark of when to expect the peon ball to start getting larger. Will have to test if I can finally get the 10B damage trophy now, in which case that would answer my question for me since this classification switch and the far larger sizes it allows is likely what allows one to do that much damage.

EDIT: Did another test and I only managed 5.57B damage. Can't imagine what I'd be missing at this point unless there's some skill besides Undisputed God Charge that raises peon ball damage.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

Last night, I got up to 141k shampuru and I'm at 53% charm now. Went back to Renegades - Epilogue to resume Admiral grinding since Bipolar et al. reached 54%. Could've probably reached 54% overall last night, but it was already 6 in the morning and I had at least 700 more Admirals to grind before I could even out the levels again (as much as I could even them, at least; Masochist is at 55% already because that and Ditz seem to raise from both of my current grinds). Had meh luck with the large crystals on Galactic, though at the very least, I'm not taking any damage off of frenzied enemies there and I can kill them pretty quickly, so the only real downside is the shampuru reduction.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

At 54% Charm Level with 147183 shampurus. Ego/Hyper/Graceful have reached 55%, so switching back to Galactic to do Bipolar/Sadist/Terse to balance everything out again. Also unlocked Boss! Boss!! Boss!!!, so I did a couple runs of that, though I can't see myself bothering with that until near the end considering I don't think I'll get anything out of it and it goes by way too slowly at 25 Paw Pads per run to work as a quick diversion. Will likely do runs every so often to boost levels since I can get nearly 1B XP per run, though I won't really focus on it.

EDIT: Also, Admirals are at 8110, so getting close to max on those.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

Quite a bit of progress tonight.

Reached Level 9999 with Chou-Chou (and got the respective trophy) and used Peon Fusion to get Preparation on her from a Mad Scientist.

Finally got the 10B damage trophy with 150k shampuru and 10 enemies.

Reached 55% Charm with 153485 shampurus.

• Like 4

At 56% Charm Level with 163079 shampurus.

Finally maxed out Admiral, though now I'll have to either grind out Renegades - Prologue or do a couple extra runs to get Ego up to 60% for Boss Returns. Will probably go ahead and just do the extra runs since I have to do them for the Dust Bunnies and Shammeows anyway and I wanna save the lower tier shampuru grinds for later so I can just blitz them with my bazooka.

• Like 3

Run 3 is done aside from a few world points that I'll get to another night.

Overall charm is at 59% and unfortunately, so is Ego, so I'm 1% short on Ego of getting on the Tier 13/14 train to relatively quick charm gains. Will have to do some Renegades - Prologue grinding to make up what's left. I have 193777 shampurus.

• Like 3

Reached 60% Ego charm, so I have Boss Returns now. :dance:

Did a run of it and I have just about every shampuru type now. Just need to do runs of Boss Returns until I get Apathetic and get Bigguns from the Mugen Field (at Floor 61 on an I rank run from doing the True End req and the shampuru is in 81-90 Tough) and that's the last silver done.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have 204964 shampurus now, so I'm numerically 20% of the way done now. :dance:

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

At 207067 shampurus with my overall charm reaching 60%. Got Bigguns from the Mugen Field and I got Apathetic from my first Boss Returns session for the night, so I have the last trophy I'll get from this game for a good while short of me eventually attempting the 999 combo or just getting it at random from the glitch (which may happen yet considering all the money grind I'll have to do to enhance Overwhelming Briefs for setting up a party that can do the 999 combo and getting CC's defense as high as possible in case I need to tackle Overwhelming Apocalypse).

• Like 2

Any idea if there's ways to prevent oneself from getting blasted off and/or if Boss Returns might be less frustrating with higher charm levels? Just spent half a fucking hour making literally zero progress because even though my charm levels are balanced at 62%, I constantly manage to frenzy the fucking crystal on one of the battles for no fucking reason, leaving me unable to do anything but reset because my attack is nowhere near high enough to kill the enemies and boss succinctly, which is not to mention the times where I get fucking murdered out of nowhere because I landed in an Enemy Attacks Instakill crystal or I can't ever touch the big crystal because the enemies always fucking crowd around it after they blast me off. Seriously considering dropping the game if there's nothing to be done about it considering I don't think I can take 20-40+ hours of this.

EDIT: Getting the feeling my charm levels may be too low for Boss Returns at the moment considering I've had much better luck with a couple Counterattack Banana! runs (discounting that I died on the first one a turn before I could peon the large crystal) and several Boss! Boss!! Boss!!! runs. Gonna tackle the Paw Pad grind early since each run of BBB also leaves me with enough experience to fuse my Metallic Lady and Vagabond peons together at Level 1000, so I can start making a serious effort on my 600% stat up peons.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

At 219802 shampurus with 63% Average Charm. Got lucky tonight and managed a few runs of Boss Returns. For the time being, I'll just start each session off by doing Boss Returns until I frenzy something and die, at which point I'll switch over to Boss! Boss!! Boss!!! where I won't really gain any charm levels and that part of the grind will take a good long while so that hopefully, I can squeeze in all of my Boss Returns runs before I'm done with BBB. If nothing else, my charm levels should hopefully get to a point where other grinds won't change them much by the time I get done BBB.

If nothing else, this pretty much confirms to me that I'll be taking the NG+ spam route to grinding the Tier 15 shampurus because I don't think my heart can take having to do a 10-battle onslaught several times given how annoying the 3-battle onslaught is. :jaymon:

Also passed the 100 hour mark. Just 300+ to go. :dance:

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

At 226577 shampurus with an average charm of 65%. Got in four runs of Boss Returns and two runs of BBB today. Could've been five possibly had I not managed to get the boss of the second battle caught in my final charming, frenzying him right as I peoned everything else, in my first go at the battle. Paw Pad is at 805 right now and the Tier 13-14 shampurus are in the 1000-2000 range for the most part.

• Like 2

At 232k shampurus with 66% Average Charm. Technically done over the course of several nights because I've had a really shit run of luck with this game lately and I keep getting fucked on Boss Returns, even when I decide to try again and again. My subsequent ragequitting is also why I don't have an exact shampuru count because I turned the PS3 off before I even started writing this after once again getting horribly fucked over on a big crystal.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

At 243712 shampurus with 68% Average Charm. Actually had a really good session tonight without a single failure across several runs of Boss Returns. Only calling it quits for the night because A: it's late and I have to get up early-ish tomorrow and B: I came pretty close on the third battle of my last attempt for the night to the point where I settled for just peoning enemies through the small crystals and just killing the boss normally to not risk having to face it frenzied (not that it mattered since it just drops Happy shampurus), so given Point A, I'm just gonna count that as a failure even though I ultimately survived. :P

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I used Peon Fusion to get Fighting Spirit to Chou-Chou from a fighter and made two other fighters. Now to just raise the ridiculous amount of money to max out three more Overwhelming Briefs (and also get another one from NG+ whenever I'm finally ready) for defensive purposes and I should be able to do the proper method for the 999 Hit combo instead of hoping I get lucky.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

An update! With my current playthrough, Dust Bunny and Sham-meow should be maxed out, soon enough what awaits should be repetitive grinding in the Mugen Field and in the 7 world redux battles. 

Charm Level: 86%

Shampurus: 725119

Current Playthrough: Middle of 15th and final playthrough

Trophies: 47/51

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to make a lot of progress. All the boss returns shampurus are maxed out, many others are maxed out. Pretty much most of the remaining 140,000+ will require Mugen Field grinding, especially for the tier 15 shampurus, since I'd rather not do more playthroughs nor do I want to do Overwhelming Apocalypse. 

Average Charm Level: 93%

Shampurus: 861484

Current Playthrough: End of 15th playthrough

Trophies: 47/51

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well considering I'm around 90% done with the grind, I've decided to borrow the below format for an update, now for the actual update:

Charm:

• Ego: 93%
  • Sadist: 97%
  • Bipolar: 97%
  • Ditz: 96%
  • Terse: 97%
  • Hyper: 93%
  • Graceful: 93%
  • Masochist: 96%

Shampurus: 904256

• FAnvAeR.png
  • Tier 01: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 02: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 03: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 04: 9999 / 8997 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 05: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 3358
  • Tier 06: 9929 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 07: 9652 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 3209 / 8974 / 1894
  • Tier 08: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 09: 1388 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 6854 / 1995 / 9999
  • Tier 10: 1749 / 9999 / 9999 / 7140 / 1811 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 11: 0248 / 2066 / 9999 / 9999 / 9887 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 12: 2472 / 9999 / 6278 / 4469 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 13: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 14: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999
  • Tier 15: 9999 / 8414 / 9999 / 9674 / 6329 / 7547

Playthroughs: End of 16th playthrough

Play Time: 579:41:01

Trophies: 48/51

I managed to get Fantastic TCS! a while back. I also decided one more playthrough couldn't hurt and well, the total number of playthroughs went up to 16 playthroughs. Additional playthroughs won't be of anymore benefit however. Grinding in the Mugen Field for certain shampuru... well its a bit slow compared to grinding for other shampurus. It's especially a pain when the enemy that drops a certain shampuru doesn't appear in battle, meaning out bell and repeat. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Man, soon I'll be the only one making updates here again once I get done with Zumba and I can get back to this. :lol:

Actually im thinking about having another crack at this again, it seem for me at the start of every new year i like to grind this game for a bit, and i really liked the format warped developed.

• Like 2