Delete “Gaming Session” Topics

Hello there, can we just delete all topics that a guy simply asks for a gaming session? I mean, boosting, cooperative topics that the only text is to promote the gaming session? All it ends is to see the inevitable topic lock and to see the topics polluting the list of topics. These guys should know that it exists a section of the website made specialty for gaming sessions.

Can you mods simply delete them instead of locking them and see them all above the list?

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Hello there, can we just delete all topics that a guy simply asks for a gaming session? I mean, boosting, cooperative topics that the only text is to promote the gaming session? All it ends is to see the inevitable topic lock and to see the topics polluting the list of topics. These guys should know that it exists a section of the website made specialty for gaming sessions.

Can you mods simply delete them instead of locking them and see them all above the list?

Yea, why isn't that happening already? :P

36 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

9 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Yea, why isn't that happening already? :P

Threads are deleted, but for the locked ones my guess would be the creator gets some time to see the message as to why it was locked.

• Like 1

Most of the people who post for gaming sessions are first- or second-time posters. While it's clear to long-time posters what the policies for this site are, there's no reason to think it should be clear to first-time posters. There's no good reason to delete immediately their thread. I agree that the threads should be deleted after a set period (maybe 24 hours or so), but deleting them immediately is just running off potential site members, which is hardly good business for someone who runs a site for profit.

• Like 4

You'd be seeing more threads like "why was my thread deleted?" after the thread is deleted. Wouldn't it be possible for a mod to delete a thread from the public, while keeping it visible to the person who made the thread? Then they can leave the response there privately and the person who made the thread can see it while every other member of the website no-longer sees it. Sometimes I've seen people who want to get help with a game say something like "I tried making a gaming session but nobody joined so I decided to post here". Either way, deleting their thread without leaving it visible to them might cause more threads to be made that are still irrelevant to the game. 

• Like 3