Guaranteed Cat Call + Level Up Leech Method

Sergen

1 minute ago, ShadowMan12034 said:

Unfortunately it's one of the rarest abilities in the game. I'm so sorry this ridiculously unfair trophy is keeping you from this platinum. My only advice is to get Catwoman to level 30, and equip the augment where her gear will pop more often the more you play her and then have the AI play a bunch of matches for you so the game favors Catwoman gear.

Lmao that’s wild. I was just telling @Vergil that’s what I was gonna do until I get lucky.

7 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Lmao that’s wild. I was just telling @Vergil that’s what I was gonna do until I get lucky.

I still can't believe NRS locked a trophy behind mother boxes to this day. I had actually given up on platinuming this game until 2019 when I randomly got Cat Call. I grinded out the last couple trophies I needed after that. Good luck to you sir

Edited by ShadowMan12034

1 minute ago, ShadowMan12034 said:

I still can't believe NRS locked a trophy behind mother boxes to this day. I had actually given up on platinuming this game until 2020 when I randomly got Cat Call. I grinded out the last couple trophies I needed after that. Good luck to you sir

Thank you.

Personally, I’m not really surprised with NRS. None of their games are hard per se, but there’s always been that one Bullshit trophy in each of their games. The only really hard game was MK vs. DC, but I think they were still operating as Midway, then.

I’m sitting at 4/6 Catwoman abilities rn. I got Cat Claws from a Bronze Mother Box and Chaotic Cat from a Silver Mother Box.

I have the Legendary Metaverse practically unlocked, I just need 12 more hours of play with Catwoman. I also have the 50K Guild Credits paid for and another 60K on hand for a second attempt. Here’s hoping I don’t have to use it, but it’s not looking good so far.

Ive dropped ~5 million in credits and barely got any return. Recently I dropped 1.2 million on 50 Bronze/50 Silver/18 Gold and got 0 abilities. Before that I opened 200+ boxes and got only 1.

Edit: So, I checked the VODs and turns out I got Chaotic Cat in a Bronze, too.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

The delete game / reinstall method worked for me, got Cat Call yesterday after two random ability events and 9 reinstalls.

I think I had around 20 abilities before doing this from normal play.

Even if it had taken me 50 reinstalls this would have been done in 2 / 3 days, so I recommend this, really fast.

On 23‏/10‏/2022 at 1:32 PM, Eirulan said:

The delete game / reinstall method worked for me, got Cat Call yesterday after two random ability events and 9 reinstalls.

I think I had around 20 abilities before doing this from normal play.

Even if it had taken me 50 reinstalls this would have been done in 2 / 3 days, so I recommend this, really fast.

When I go back to the old update I will lose money

• Like 1

On 2022. 10. 23. at 오후 6시 32분, Eirulan said:

게임 삭제/재설치 방법이 저에게 효과가 있었고 어제 두 번의 무작위 능력 이벤트와 9번의 재설치 후에 고양이 전화를 받았습니다.

일반 플레이에서 이 작업을 수행하기 전에 약 20개의 능력이 있었던 것 같습니다.

50번의 재설치가 필요했더라도 2/3일이면 완료되었을 것이므로 정말 빠르게 추천합니다.

what do you play? package or dl?

• 1 year later...

I have been tempted to go back through my backlog and clean this game up as the trophies other than cat call don't seem too bad. Still, I have watched numerous videos on how to get cat call in the most efficient way with no consistent answer on the best way some say to get lucky through the ability tower, get it through Motherboxes or the catwoman event tower. Before tackling this game some suggestions or even a guide on how to tackle this trophy would be greatly appreciated especially from someone that has completed it. 

Thanks 

Edited by LegendzM8_

The method linked by Smashero (which is the Original Post here), is really effective if you wish to get the game out of the way asap, although the method I'm posting below is potentially faster in terms of active playtime, and assuming you dont get Cat Call as one of the last abilities (which seems to happen anyway somehow). I personally used this method, as I could not be bothered power-grinding it in a short amount of real-time (and I think I'm the first to develop it to this extent 😆)

The Method:

- Wait until an event appears that offers an ability for completing
- Back up all of your saves to either a USB stick or the cloud
- Turn Network Connection OFF
- Enter the game. Go to the Multiversus event and pay the money requirement to start it (150,000 credits). However, you must not complete it yet, otherwise you won't get the ability.
- Close the game, turn network connection ON and download your backup saves from the USB/Cloud.
- Enter the game once again, and check your credits, as well as the event. If you followed correctly, you should've gained back the 150k credits and still have access to the Ability event. Now you may complete the event.
- Once you complete it. let the game autosave just to be sure.
- Close the game. Then go to your save files and only delete the player settings file, everything else stays.
- Now you re-enter the game once again. When it asks you to restore equipment, you click RESTORE. PLEASE don't accidentally press the other option, as you won't be able to get back your items and your progress will be gone.
- What you just did is delete all your multiversus progress checks. So, you're going to have to re-watch the beginning cutscene and go through the tutorial. This takes 20-30 minutes, depending on your skill.
- Once you finished it, you will have access to the events once again, which have all been reset. This means that you can redo the ability event.
- Now rinse and repeat from the beginning, and pray that you get "Cat Call" as early as possible.

This should get you 2-3 abilities per hour if you're constantly grinding, so until the event expires you can get up to ~10 abilities instead of just one.

So, if you want to actively farm cat call, follow the link Smashero gave by any means (which is the Original Post), its a very useful method and will get you cat call guaranteed. However if you want to just work at it on the side then this method I listed might be a bit better 😁

Edited by PunisherXD2006
Moderation moved a separate thread here, so edited to contextualize
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

"snip"

Very good explanation :).

Edited: Yes, now I read your post more carfeully, it is a very detailed one!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

I got my Cat Call using the following method, which was relatively quick and has the advantage that you don't have to fulfill any prerequisites and you don't have to constantly replay the tutorial.

So there are several ways to reach your goal:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/299238-best-way-to-get-cat-call-ability-with-latest-patch-118-march-2018/

If you have a very good internet bandwidth (100 mbit or above) and the disc version you can backup a save before completing the ability event. Then purchase and play the event. After not receiving Cat Call close the game and delete it from your hard drive. Reinstall it and download the patch and the backed up save data. After the installation you can start the game again and you'll be able to replay the event (even if you are online). I know this is a stupid method but if you have a good internet connection like me (100 mbit) it takes you ~15min to get one ability and a diamond box. This might be slightly useful since you can stay connected to the server and thus sync every ability you get and reduce the abilities left in the pool.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:56 AM, PunisherXD2006 said:

The method linked by Smashero (which is the Original Post here), is really effective if you wish to get the game out of the way asap, although the method I'm posting below is potentially faster in terms of active playtime, and assuming you dont get Cat Call as one of the last abilities (which seems to happen anyway somehow). I personally used this method, as I could not be bothered power-grinding it in a short amount of real-time (and I think I'm the first to develop it to this extent 😆)

The Method:

- Wait until an event appears that offers an ability for completing
- Back up all of your saves to either a USB stick or the cloud
- Turn Network Connection OFF
- Enter the game. Go to the Multiversus event and pay the money requirement to start it (150,000 credits). However, you must not complete it yet, otherwise you won't get the ability.
- Close the game, turn network connection ON and download your backup saves from the USB/Cloud.
- Enter the game once again, and check your credits, as well as the event. If you followed correctly, you should've gained back the 150k credits and still have access to the Ability event. Now you may complete the event.
- Once you complete it. let the game autosave just to be sure.
- Close the game. Then go to your save files and only delete the player settings file, everything else stays.
- Now you re-enter the game once again. When it asks you to restore equipment, you click RESTORE. PLEASE don't accidentally press the other option, as you won't be able to get back your items and your progress will be gone.
- What you just did is delete all your multiversus progress checks. So, you're going to have to re-watch the beginning cutscene and go through the tutorial. This takes 20-30 minutes, depending on your skill.
- Once you finished it, you will have access to the events once again, which have all been reset. This means that you can redo the ability event.
- Now rinse and repeat from the beginning, and pray that you get "Cat Call" as early as possible.

This should get you 2-3 abilities per hour if you're constantly grinding, so until the event expires you can get up to ~10 abilities instead of just one.

So, if you want to actively farm cat call, follow the link Smashero gave by any means (which is the Original Post), its a very useful method and will get you cat call guaranteed. However if you want to just work at it on the side then this method I listed might be a bit better 😁

Can I use it on my guide for the trophy please?

On 4/13/2018 at 9:29 PM, Sergen said:

Alright, so this thread is mentioning two things that currently aren't outlined by the trophy guide on this website, so for anyone to come here and bitch at me for mentioning things like this about the game is really uncalled for. The methods in the trophy guide have recently become obsolete because you are now unable to delete the patch from the game, because deleting the patch for the game will delete your save from the game if you load the game back up, if you want to use the methods outlined in the trophy guide, you will need to start this game and never use the patch. 

All this thread is here to do is help people with methods that allow you to get Cat Call and also Level Up your characters. It is highly recommended that you have a turbo controller if you wish to employ these methods while grinding the game. Aside from that, you will also need a second controller if you do not have online help for the Level Up method. 

Firstly, for Cat Call, the game now includes a Legendary Multiverse, if you go to Single Player from the main menu, then select "Legendary Multiverse" and press :r1: once, you can select Catwoman and the challenges are there. The "Just Kitten" Legendary Multiverse Event for Catwoman has a reward of one random Catwoman ability and you can keep replaying it by paying the 50,000 Guild Credits after your initial completion of it. 

Unfortunately, getting Cat Call without relying on RNG instead becomes an absurdly long grind, below is the list of Catwoman Legendary Multiverse Events and below each event name is a list of requirements you must fulfil in order to get the opportunity to play that challenge. Luckily once you've unlocked that challenge, you can allow your AI Catwoman to fight for you, below I have mentioned how you can use AI to fight for you in the multiverse. 

Super Suspicious

• Level 20 Catwoman Required
  • Give 1,000,000 credits specifically to this challenge
  • 150 Damaging Environmental Interactions Used with Catwoman
  • 200 Villains Defeated as Catwoman
  • 50 Multiverse Boss Events Completed with Catwoman
  • Complete Survivor Battle Simulator Multiverse Event with Catwoman

Hidden Treasure

• Give 100 Regen Tokens specifically to this challenge
  • Perform 150 Arena Transitions with Catwoman
  • Accumulate 3,000,000 overall damage against opponents while using Catwoman
  • Complete 100 Multiverse Events with Catwoman
  • Complete the Super Suspicious Legendary Multiverse Event

Scratching Post

• Sacrifice 250 Rare or better pieces of Catwoman gear specifically to this challenge. 
  • Win 1,000 matches with Catwoman
  • Win 100 matches with Catwoman with the Pounce as the final hit
  • Accumulate 3,000 Minutes (50 hours) of play time specifically as Catwoman 
  • Complete the Hidden Treasure Legendary Multiverse Event

Just Kitten (The Cat Call Event)

• Spend 50,000 Guild Credits specifically for this event (Guild Membership required)
  • Complete the Scratching Post Legendary Multiverse Event

Completing Just Kitten will give you Cat Call eventually, as long as you have the 50,000 Guild Credits to pay towards it, my first time completing that Legendary Multiverse Event got me the Cat Call that I so desperately needed. You will never have to play the "Quick Game" Legendary Multiverse Event, unless you want to get Kyle's Whip of Bad Pain on this game, which is a Catwoman Legendary Item. 

I believe all of the requirements for Legendary Multiverse Events must be fulfilled within the Multiverse, or Guild Multiverse. You do need to accumulate the Guild Credits within the Guild Multiverse (only accessible if you've joined a guild), so you will need to play there eventually. 

Because gear is random, I don't feel it is necessary for me to really mention the gear I used, as it's unlikely you'll really find that gear yourself, so all I suggest is to put the best gear you have unlocked with Catwoman on your AI Catwoman. You can edit your AI loadout by selecting "Customize Characters" from the main menu, then selecting Catwoman, and choosing "AI Loadout 1", from there you can assign all the gear you want to Catwoman. 

Aside from setting your gear, you should go to "Multiplayer" from the main menu, then select "AI Battle Simulator" and choose "Customize AI Characters", then from there, select Catwoman and click on "AI Loadout 1" then press :r1: and adjust your attributes as specified here: 30 Points to Combos, 30 Points to Counters, this will ensure that your AI Catwoman does the most damage it can possibly do.

Below is some advice for accumulating various statistics. Other things will likely come naturally to you along the way. 

• 1,000 Wins and 3,000,000 damage: It is recommended that you play the Endless Battle Simulator Event in the Multiverse, you can find this by selecting "Battle Simulator" in the Multiverse and pressing :right: until you reach that event. You can let AI do the work for you in this event, by pressing :square: while hovering over Catwoman, then you can cycle through the loadouts for your character until you come to "AI Loadout 1". You will need to press :cross: or turbo it to keep going after a fight, so be active if you do not have a turbo controller. Your AI will likely last 40 minutes to an hour in the Endless Battle Simulator, so simply check back on the game within that time to see if they're still going.

• 3,000 Minutes Accumulated: For this, it is highly recommended that you have a turbo controller, otherwise you will need to be fully active to get this done. Firstly, if you have a turbo controller then you should assign the :cross: button to "Meter Burn" by selecting "Extras" from the main menu, then choosing "Options" then finally going to "Controller Config". After assigning :cross: to Meter Burn, go to the Multiverse and choose the Novice Battle Simulator Event. Select Catwoman with any of your player loadouts there and set the difficulty to "Very Easy". When you start your first match, find a rubber band, or anything that can hold your left stick back (Left Stick: Left), this will make you block attacks from the AI from your starting position. When you have the rubber band in place, assign turbo to your :cross: button and you can AFK the 3,000 Minutes from here. 

• For any of the miscellaneous moves e.g. Pounce Victories, it is recommended to simply play the Master Battle Simulator Event on Very Easy difficulty with a player controlled Catwoman. While you're doing the 1,000 Wins, it is highly likely that your AI Catwoman will have already done a lot of the work for you so you'll likely just have to do some cleaning up before going for the 3,000 Minutes. 

• For the 1,000,000 credits requirement for "Super Suspicious", you can fulfil the requirement without losing any credits. The way to do that is: back up your save to a USB flash drive or the PS+ cloud, sign out of PSN and turn off your internet connection and spend the 1,000,000 credits. After spending the credits, quit the game and get your backed up save back, sign back into PSN and you'll have your credits back, but the 1,000,000 credits spent requirement in "Super Suspicious" will be ticked off. You will need to amass the fortune regardless, but this method simply allows you to keep the credits to use them for something else if you need them for anything. This method also works for any of the other requirements for the legendary multiverse that require sacrificing items/currency, credit to realironyuppie for posting about it.

• For 50 Boss Events completed as Catwoman, try to find a Multiverse world that has a boss fight that allows you to replay it, beating the same boss multiple times still increases your stats toward that requirement. All the yellow planet events that update every 4-hours also count towards this statistic and this event type should be why you always have some credits on hand, because sometimes a world that costs 150,000 credits can offer one random ability and if you're lucky then you'll get Cat Call through that world rather than having to do the entire Legendary Multiverse as Catwoman. 

• For 200 Villains Defeated, Villains are the characters that would be a villain in the DC Universe, such as Harley Quinn, The Joker, Scarecrow and so on, you simply have to defeat those kinds of characters to count towards this statistic. Along the way to getting 1,000 wins with Catwoman, you'll likely surpass this requirement anyway. 

• A more reliable way to get the 250 Rare or better Catwoman gear to sacrifice to Scratching Post is by becoming Level 30 with Catwoman. There's a trophy for becoming Level 30 with a character anyway so there's no reason not to get your Level 30 with her. But once you've become Level 30 with Catwoman, you unlock augments for your character, these range from giving you more profile XP and other things. One of the augments for Catwoman is a character gear drop bias, meaning that once you've finished a fight you're more likely to get gear to drop for Catwoman instead of any other character on the game. Aside from the augment, it is also recommended that if you ever spend your credits on motherboxes, you only buy Gold motherboxes, as these drop more rare or better gear, also have a look out for any events in the Multiverse that have a reward that consists of Platinum or Diamond motherboxes as these can't be bought, but do drop more rare or better gear within them. 

Now that I've explained how you can grind your way to Cat Call, I will explain the Level Up Leech method that I referred to. This method allows you to grind XP against a high level player/account that is assisting you. Firstly, ask one of your friends who has a Level 30 character on this game if they would be willing to help you out with it, as that is the shorter way to go for this. Otherwise, the only other thing I can recommend is getting one of your alt account characters to Level 30. 

To achieve Level 30 with a character on your alt, simply keep playing the Endless Battle Simulator Event in the Multiverse, it will take a few hours to do this, but it is worth it for the eventual XP amounts you will be getting from beating a Level 30 alt, simply select "AI Loadout 1" for any character after pressing :square: while hovering over them. You can get Level 30 with any character on the game for this method to work, but I personally recommend either doing it with Batman or Superman, as these characters are the game's default picks whenever you initially have to pick a character for Player 1 or Player 2. You will only need to press or turbo :cross: after every fight in this event and eventually pick the event again to grind again. If you want to completely AFK Batman to Level 30 with a turbo controller, then an effective way to do that would be to assign the :cross: button to your light attacks, then hover over the Endless Battle Simulator Event and turbo :cross:. Turboing light attacks with Batman will cause him to frequently keep doing a 2-hit combo and damaging AI, he will win around 8 fights with this method, then after you have finished the battle with him, the :cross: button turbo will auto-select Batman again for you to keep levelling up while you're AFK. Batman is the default pick for every Multiverse Event, so unfortunately the completely AFK levelling method only works if you want to turbo him. 

After getting your alt to Level 30, select "Multiplayer" from the main menu, then select Versus and with the Player 1 Controller, just choose whichever character you want to level up, with the Player 2 Controller, sign into your alt account that has a Level 30 character, then select the Level 30 character that they have. Once the match has begun, just win the matches as fast as you can with your Player 1 Controller, and after you've won, you will accumulate around 1,200 XP, you need around 66,000 XP to reach Level 20 with a character and I'm unsure how much you need for Level 30. Depending on the character you use, it will take around 30 seconds to win a match and you can immediately rematch your alt after winning, so you can keep this method up until you achieve Level 30 with a character, then you need to get Level 20 with every other base game character on the game. The character I recommend getting Level 30 with is Catwoman, because one of the Augments on the game is a Gear Drop bias for her, which is useful for getting Rare or better gear to sacrifice to the "Scratching Post" Legendary Multiverse Event. 

Below are the settings you need to use for your game to maximise the amount of XP you get with 2 controllers, all of these options are available in the "Gameplay Settings" menu in the Options menu from Extras on the main menu: 

• Round Time: 300
  • Rounds to Win: 2
  • Everything else doesn't matter

Alternatively, if you do not want to get an alt account to Level 30, you can play online with someone else who already has a Level 30 character. You can do that by playing Player Matches with them, you'll get maybe 100 less XP online than you would with a second controller, but that's not a big loss whatsoever. You can easily challenge the other person to a Player Match by creating an Online Room and both joining it, then one player challenges the other to a match and you're good to go. 

I only recommend doing the Legendary Multiverse for Catwoman if it is your last resort, otherwise just keep trying to open as many motherboxes as you can until it eventually pops up, I personally used the Legendary Multiverse simply because I have a turbo controller so it didn't affect me much to do the grind there rather than grinding for motherboxes any further. The level up method I have mentioned is the best method I could find and I did run Endless Battle Simulator with a lot of characters frequently until I thought of trying to beat a Level 30 alt. Constantly letting AI do Endless Battle Simulator for you will award you with more motherboxes, but the leech method allows you to get level 20 with a character quickly, giving you more time to play as Catwoman in the multiverse to fulfil her Legendary Multiverse requirements. 

6 hours ago, draqilo said:

If you're making a psnp guide for it, I encourage you to take it, this game needs an updated guide really badly. Although you might need to credit me for it in the guide so it doesn't look like plagiarism, guide team won't like that. 🙃

14 hours ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

If you're making a psnp guide for it, I encourage you to take it, this game needs an updated guide really badly. Although you might need to credit me for it in the guide so it doesn't look like plagiarism, guide team won't like that. 🙃

Credited and thanked!

Edited by draqilo

On 1/12/2024 at 12:14 AM, LegendzM8_ said:

I have been tempted to go back through my backlog and clean this game up as the trophies other than cat call don't seem too bad. Still, I have watched numerous videos on how to get cat call in the most efficient way with no consistent answer on the best way some say to get lucky through the ability tower, get it through Motherboxes or the catwoman event tower. Before tackling this game some suggestions or even a guide on how to tackle this trophy would be greatly appreciated especially from someone that has completed it. 

Thanks 

Either:

a) AFK endless tower(s) in the Multiverse with Catwoman for 50~ hours. In 50 hours you'll have gotten all the misc requirements to unlock the Catwoman planet. Then spend the 100,000(?) per attempt, and you'll get it guaranteed, albeit not necessarily on your first go around.

OR

b) do the guaranteed ability planet every 3~ hours and pray to RNGesus.

Those are your only two reliable ways.

You could get incredibly lucky with method b, or, you could get incredibly unlucky and have it be one of the last abilties in the entire game.

20 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Either:

a) AFK endless tower(s) in the Multiverse with Catwoman for 50~ hours. In 50 hours you'll have gotten all the misc requirements to unlock the Catwoman planet. Then spend the 100,000(?) per attempt, and you'll get it guaranteed, albeit not necessarily on your first go around.

OR

b) do the guaranteed ability planet every 3~ hours and pray to RNGesus.

Those are your only two reliable ways.

You could get incredibly lucky with method b, or, you could get incredibly unlucky and have it be one of the last abilties in the entire game.

I had to master catwoman to unlock the bloody trophy... I even used coin exploit to reduce time needed for it but it took a whilee

8 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

whats that?

I dont remember how to do it because i did some time ago, it has something to do with loading a old save with internet disconnected. Search for it on youtube and filter by upload date

13 hours ago, k0edb said:

I dont remember how to do it because i did some time ago, it has something to do with loading a old save with internet disconnected. Search for it on youtube and filter by upload date

oh. You're referring to the credits to re-open Motherboxes?

I was confused since you called it coin.

Yeah, that method seemed way too RNG reliant.

Not only that but I opened hundreds of Diamond & Platinum motherboxes (among the other rarities) during my Legendary Ability Planets, and never once got a Catwoman ability.

2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

oh. You're referring to the credits to re-open Motherboxes?

I was confused since you called it coin.

Yeah, that method seemed way too RNG reliant.

Not only that but I opened hundreds of Diamond & Platinum motherboxes (among the other rarities) during my Legendary Ability Planets, and never once got a Catwoman ability.

For example, i dont remember the reqs but lets say i need to spend 1m coin to play a world of the catwoman planet and i had 500k.

I saved before spending the 500k, quit to main menu, closed the game. Loaded the save and entered the game offline. I will keep my 500k and the challenge itself will be filled with my 500k payment.

If im not.mistaken, thats it