Is anyone still playing extinction mode?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Darkknightrisez9 said:

Is anyone still around to go for the base game extinction trophies? been trying to clear this one up for a while.

I finished Ghosts on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 a month or three ago. There is still a playerbase for it online, that being said - you can do almost all trophies solo. Only one requires 4 players I believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I3attleking said:

Do I have to fear Hackers when playing a public game? Semilar to CoD Black Ops 2 or GTA 5 that all trophies are unlockend on PS3?

That's why I'm avoiding playing the multiplayer or public extinction lobbies. Picked the game up recently so am going through the campaign and then will do extinction in private sessions only. 

I have the BO2 flag from before I got into trophy hunting, and a similar one for GTA V like loads of other people.

• 6 months later...

I picked up the Gold Edition on sale last month and have been working on Extinction for the last few weeks. 

The player base is relatively small, typically between 300 and 450 according to the in-game tracker I guess you'd call it, but that is split up between the various Extinction maps. I have been playing mostly solo but this weekend I wanted to knock out the 4 man trophy and was able to do so though it took a few games. People dropped out frequently, might have been my internet in some cases but it was usually because a challenge was failed fairly early and the people who have been playing for years will drop out fast if challenges are not completed. Go for those challenges even after getting completionist!

Playing solo is quite a drag but in a team it was actually enjoyable so I highly recommend teaming up. I have had no hacking issues but if you're really really worried about that you can make a session to find teammates. Plus by joining with randoms gives you a chance to pair up with those who have the uber powerful Cryptid ammo but Explosive or Armor-Piercing ammo will do if no one has Cryptid.

I just need to beat Extinction with a relic for the Platinum but after this weekend I am seriously considering completing the Onslaught DLC that was free with the Gold Edition. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I picked up the Gold Edition on sale last month and have been working on Extinction for the last few weeks. 

The player base is relatively small, typically between 300 and 450 according to the in-game tracker I guess you'd call it, but that is split up between the various Extinction maps. I have been playing mostly solo but this weekend I wanted to knock out the 4 man trophy and was able to do so though it took a few games. People dropped out frequently, might have been my internet in some cases but it was usually because a challenge was failed fairly early and the people who have been playing for years will drop out fast if challenges are not completed. Go for those challenges even after getting completionist!

Playing solo is quite a drag but in a team it was actually enjoyable so I highly recommend teaming up. I have had no hacking issues but if you're really really worried about that you can make a session to find teammates. Plus by joining with randoms gives you a chance to pair up with those who have the uber powerful Cryptid ammo but Explosive or Armor-Piercing ammo will do if no one has Cryptid.

I just need to beat Extinction with a relic for the Platinum but after this weekend I am seriously considering completing the Onslaught DLC that was free with the Gold Edition. 

This is really good advice. I would like to add Onslaught and Point of Contact is mostly populated with players so you can get the trophies here easily. But DLC maps aside from Exodus you really need boosting partners if you are not that good of a player like me because I seldom see anyone playing these maps. Maybe my time zone doesnt pair well with other players.

Edited by ChocoDoc1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...