PS4 Pro price drop for E3 2018?

Honor_Hand

So... straight to the point.

What are the chances for the PS4 Pro getting a price drop for E3 2018?

The expo will be starting in a month from now on and I want to know what is the likelihood of Sony announcing a price drop for the console. It has been already out for quite a while and even though it is doing quite well on sale numbers and it is single-handedly dominating its respective generation, I really want to know if the price will be dropping any time soon.

I'm still on the verge of whether getting an Original or a Pro model and a price drop on the Pro model would definitely affect the price of all the pre-owned consoles on the market right now.

So... What do you think? Is it going to stay the same or is it going to drop?

The problem is you said what what do we think? I can think that ps5 will release tomorrow but doesn't mean you'd believe me :P

On a serious note, if it was me, I'd just wait till E3 rolls out because it's about a month from now and see firsthand what will happen

In terms of recommendation, I'd go for the pro. I delved into next gen right away by buying the pro and no regrets so far. 1 TB HDD, boost mode, superampling mode, and better performance (most of the time, depending on the dev).

Edited by PooPooBlast

It would be nice. I'd like a pro eventually even though I'd be hard pressed to sell my Darth Vader PS4 from 2015. I even bought a 2TB external hard drive just to keep using it. I would wait until E3 to see if it happens and if so, I'll probably get one. 

27 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

In terms of recommendation, I'd go for the pro. I delved into next gen right away by buying the pro and no regrets so far. 1 TB HDD, boost mode, superampling mode, and better performance (most of the time, depending on the dev).

I agree completely. And there is one more point that speaks for the Pro, the console is much more energy efficient then the old one. As for the price drop, who knows but they recently reduced the price for the VR Kit quite substantially so that might be a good sign. Or they will wait a bit longer for the summer, since that is usually the lowest point in this industry.

If it is not really urgent wait till Autumn or be on the look out for some good deals on ebay or something like that.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure the history of price reductions on the consoles has always been timed to be close to year-end holidays. (If someone else could fact check my memories for accuracy, I’d appreciate it.)

Smart money says no announcement of a price drop at E3. 

Thanks for the opinions guys. Was really looking to know what were your expectations in regards to that.

I'd personally love for the console to have a price drop right now as I'm looking to purchase soon but oh well, guess I'll just wait after E3 to see if something happens. Maybe I could prioritize getting a Vita right now since it is at a very reasonable price right now.