All links/images are broken

I recently re-visited my platinum checklist as it desperately needed an update as it's been about 2 years since I last updated it, only to find that all, or nearly all of the images and links were broken.  When I first created this checklist I painstakingly went game per game and inserted the game logo/icon and the plat image for each game (at the time, over 100 plats) and made sure it linked back to my trophy list for that game.  Now that i'm rapidly approaching 200 plats, it was intimidating enough to know i'd need to manually do this for an additional 80 games, but turns out I now need to do it all over again for all my games.

Is there a reason this happened?  And why did it leave a couple images linked properly, while removing the vast majority?  Is there a quick and easy way I can get back all my past work without having to go one by one, again?

For reference: I tried loading the image editing panel and copying the image name into the link section, as well as finding the full URL and posting it there as well, but it didn't update the image.  The 'original size' is set to 0x0 pixels and can't be changed, and deselecting the box to use the original size doesn't have any affect.  Using the 'insert other media' dropdown and adding the full image url worked to add the image, but as I said, I would like to get back my past work, if possible, and not have to re-do the entire list this way.

Yeah quite a long time ago something changed and people had to update all the plat images on their lists. I don't know if people could get their lists back without having to just redo everything. I had to redo my wall anyway.

Yeah when the site had its major overhaul we changed how the images on the site were linked and accounted for the change with everything on the site, but forgot they would break trophy checklists before it was too late :( 

Sadly, they have to be fixed manually

18 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah when the site had its major overhaul we changed how the images on the site were linked and accounted for the change with everything on the site, but forgot they would break trophy checklists before it was too late :( 

Sadly, they have to be fixed manually

I had no idea we had a checklist. 

But more importantly @BlindMango congrats on 4,444 posts! 

Forever memorialized 

PeUWMEC.png

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I'll get started on redoing the images, might space it out over the next 2... years :P

As I already have the filename for each image listed still, if there's a way to do this with that info without needing the entire link, please let me know.  As it stands, I figure I'll have to load each image, grab the url and then add it to my checklist.  If I don't have to load hundreds of other pages, that'd be nice, but I'm thinking that's just what I'll have to do.  Oh well, maybe i'll just copy all the urls to a separate doc first, just in case links get broken again, heh.

11 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Yeah quite a long time ago something changed and people had to update all the plat images on their lists. I don't know if people could get their lists back without having to just redo everything. I had to redo my wall anyway.

Me too, replacing all those trophy images was a lot of work -_-.

• Like 1