Empty Pockets farming method - faster than endless banquet halls

2 hours ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

Remember your level matters here, because the higher your level the more damage you will do to the enemies. (hero damage) I have the same issue around round 18 I'm getting destroyed. 

I recommend grind all the other trophies first to gain some more levels, then go back to endless and farm as much as you can, the 10k traps, 100k kills, 500 boss kills, and destroying rift portals will camo along here. after a huge grind, you can go back to rift lord, being a high level will only help you out there. then you should have little more money to grind for the platinum^^ 

Thank you, I am currently at level 42 and I have overcome the 20 wave, getting an average of 400k in 30 minutes which is the maximum I have managed to hold in my last games, I will follow your advice, thanks.

5 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

Hello, has anyone managed to control the one million system in 40 minutes? As much as I try, I can not, there comes a time about wave 15 or 17 where the avalanche of enemies is so great that it is impossible.

Are you talking about my strategy? If so, change the blue knights for the swing mace, and you"ll be able to kill then. Whem your damage is high enough put the knights again, because you will want to hold then to get more bags.

3 minutes ago, mazzagiordano said:

Are you talking about my strategy? If so, change the blue knights for the swing mace, and you"ll be able to kill then. Whem your damage is high enough put the knights again, because you will want to hold then to get more bags.

Yes, could you have a detailed list of traps and parts that each trap carries?

Thank you

5 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

Yes, could you have a detailed list of traps and parts that each trap carries?

Thank you

I"ll make another video, detailing all trap parts. Whem it's ready i"ll post a link here. I had to reinstall the game to remember the parts, so i'll make a video using the ps4.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

Thank you, I am currently at level 42 and I have overcome the 20 wave, getting an average of 400k in 30 minutes which is the maximum I have managed to hold in my last games, I will follow your advice, thanks.

No offense man but as someone with an account level over 40, you should really switch to doing Frostbite coin farming instead. 400k in 30 minutes is a really bad average to farm Empty Pockets, you will need to put in over 200 hours to get it this way, and the clock is ticking. Just to compare, I have gotten as much as 355k coins in 10-11 minutes with tweaking and optimizing the Frostbite strategy DanTheManGum showed in the opening post. Even if you do that strategy without optimizing anything, you should be able to get between 280k and 300k in 10-11 minutes easily by just exactly following the video and having the right parts in the traps. The risk of something going wrong and fucking up the run like in endless is also gone, the worst that could happen is the mercenary bear bouncing you into the water after you just took a potion.

20 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

No offense man but as someone with an account level over 40, you should really switch to doing Frostbite coin farming instead. 400k in 30 minutes is a really bad average to farm Empty Pockets, you will need to put in over 200 hours to get it this way, and the clock is ticking. Just to compare, I have gotten as much as 355k coins in 10-11 minutes with tweaking and optimizing the Frostbite strategy DanTheManGum showed in the opening post. Even if you do that strategy without optimizing anything, you should be able to get between 280k and 300k in 10-11 minutes easily by just exactly following the video and having the right parts in the traps. The risk of something going wrong and fucking up the run like in endless is also gone, the worst that could happen is the mercenary bear bouncing you into the water after you just took a potion.

They have not unlocked riftlord according to their trophies

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Could you tell us the strategy you use?
Traps
Parts of Traps.
Organizing on the playing field
ETC?.

So the others can get 400K in 10 minutes too.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

They have not unlocked riftlord according to their trophies

I still had not synchronized I think, thanks.

14 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

Could you tell us the strategy you use?
Traps
Parts of Traps.
Organizing on the playing field
ETC?.

So the others can get 400K in 10 minutes too.

Thank you.

As I said, I use a variation of the video posted at the very beginning of the thread.

400k in 10 minutes is impossible as far as I can tell, but I had over 350k many times. I use the same traps from the video, with pretty much the same layout. The parts in my case are bounty generator whenever possible, combo generator whenever possible, slowing resonator in Brimstone, and every other part either improves fire rate or does something to decrease the prices, but sometimes I even increase the price like with the arcane bowling ball to get higher combos on gate 1.

What I do differently than in the video is as follows: I have flaming bracelet and a mana item because I think the storm item is useless. I place the first opening of Dobbins Mineshaft at the stairs close to the 4th gate, that is the first thing I do after placing the guardian near the rift, I place the second opening later, depending on where the unstable rift appears either in round 4 or between round 4 and 5. I only go unchained for the rounds that I use potions in, or sometimes when I quickly have to kill a troublesome mercenary duo. I take potions in the rounds 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 because you get more coin in those compared to the video (yes I actually tested how much coin each round gives with this set up, not counting boosts). I place 2 arcane bowling balls for the first gate instead of one. I place the ceiling shock trap before the first round, I place the traps a little differently on any gate (like a extra row on gate 1, different positioning behind the guardian at gate 2, placing generators differently at gate 4 etc). I also place them in a different gate order, going 1, 2, 4, 3 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 because if timed correctly, you get to collect coin bags every round and still do not lose any time. From wave 4 onwards, at the beginning of every wave, with the exception of wave 7, I am always at gate 2 and then use the Mineshaft opening number 2 I placed at the guardians side to switch between gate 2 and 4 to collect more coin bags. I usually save some time by killing the last 3 enemies at wave 8 myself, as these are just getting thrown around by the traps in front of gate 1 without dying, sometimes for quite a while. I also have a slightly bigger distance between the Dust Devil and the gate, because it decreases the chance of coin bags appearing out of bounds, though some still hang in the air of course.

Just writing this actually gave me a slight idea of what to try to improve even further, I probably test this soon, maybe that will give a slight boost on average.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Como dije, uso una variación del video publicado al principio del hilo.

Por lo que puedo decir, es imposible hacer 400k en 10 minutos, pero tuve más de 350k muchas veces. Uso las mismas trampas del video, con casi el mismo diseño. Las partes en mi caso son generadoras de recompensas siempre que sea posible, generador combinado siempre que sea posible, desacelerando el resonador en Brimstone, y cada otra parte mejora la velocidad de disparo o hace algo para disminuir los precios, pero a veces incluso incremento el precio como con la bola de bolos arcana. para conseguir combos más altos en la puerta 1.

Lo que hago de manera diferente a lo que se ve en el video es el siguiente: Tengo una pulsera de fuego y un elemento de maná porque creo que el elemento de la tormenta no sirve para nada. Coloco la primera abertura de Dobbins Mineshaft en las escaleras cerca de la cuarta puerta, eso es lo primero que hago después de colocar al guardián cerca de la grieta, coloco la segunda abertura más tarde, dependiendo de dónde aparezca la grieta inestable en la ronda 4 o entre la ronda 4 y la 5. Solo me quedo libre para las rondas en las que uso pociones o, a veces, cuando rápidamente tengo que matar a un dúo de mercenarios problemático. Tomo pociones en las rondas 3, 5, 8, 10 y 12 porque obtienes más monedas en esas en comparación con el video (sí, en realidad probé la cantidad de monedas que da cada ronda con esta configuración, sin contar los incrementos). Coloco 2 bolas de boliche arcanas para la primera puerta en lugar de una. Coloco la trampa de choque del techo antes de la primera ronda, coloco las trampas de manera un poco diferente en cualquier puerta (como una fila extra en la puerta 1, diferentes posiciones detrás del guardián en la puerta 2, colocando los generadores de manera diferente en la puerta 4, etc.). También los coloco en una orden de entrada diferente, yendo 1, 2, 4, 3 en lugar de 1, 2, 3, 4 porque si se cronometran correctamente, puedes recolectar bolsas de monedas en cada ronda y aún así no perderás tiempo. Desde la ola 4 en adelante, al comienzo de cada ola, con la excepción de la ola 7, siempre estoy en la puerta 2 y luego uso la abertura número 2 de Mineshaft que coloqué del lado de los guardianes para cambiar entre la puerta 2 y la 4 para recolectar más monedas. pantalón. Por lo general, ahorro algo de tiempo al matar a los últimos 3 enemigos en la oleada 8, ya que las trampas que están enfrente de la puerta 1 me están lanzando sin morir, a veces durante bastante tiempo.

El solo hecho de escribir esto en realidad me dio una pequeña idea de qué intentar mejorar aún más, probablemente lo pruebe pronto, tal vez eso dé un ligero impulso en promedio.

Thanks Bro!

So I started running into a weird issue last night. I could play 1 game and then when I attempted to start another, it would tell me that I started a game prior to closing out my previous one and it would revert me to the menu, but it didn’t. I had to close app after each round to be able to start new rounds. Anyone else running into this now?

17 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

Hello, have you discovered something new? Thank you.

Not really anything groundbreaking. A small amount of extra coin more on average, a few seconds faster, any improvement at this point is very minor. I don't think I will look further for improvements, I am finishing between 9:30 and 10:10 pretty much every time, and I am almost never getting below 335k(only if something really goes wrong). I can get up to 365k coin without losing time when I am really lucky with bags, but my average is between 345k and 355k. I am quite happy with this strategy and slowly reaching the point where it is not worth it spending time looking for better ways. I am getting to 60% tomorrow and will continue to get about 1% per day for the next 15 days after that, then I marathon that shit to the finish line, and I hope that I will not dream about Frostbite map after the marathon.

• Like 2

On 26/1/2019 at 2:47 PM, Nighcisama said:

Not really anything groundbreaking. A small amount of extra coin more on average, a few seconds faster, any improvement at this point is very minor. I don't think I will look further for improvements, I am finishing between 9:30 and 10:10 pretty much every time, and I am almost never getting below 335k(only if something really goes wrong). I can get up to 365k coin without losing time when I am really lucky with bags, but my average is between 345k and 355k. I am quite happy with this strategy and slowly reaching the point where it is not worth it spending time looking for better ways. I am getting to 60% tomorrow and will continue to get about 1% per day for the next 15 days after that, then I marathon that shit to the finish line, and I hope that I will not dream about Frostbite map after the marathon.

Would it be possible for you to show a video of your game? I try the best I can but I am far behind, on average I do 280k in 13 minutes.

Try this one:

It's ~310k in 10:30 using Max. Dobbin will probably be the coin difference, and maybe time too. It mostly runs itself. Bounty Generator on the tar and brimstone traps. +combo part on scorcher and napalm (scorcher's flip or Max's stun will trigger the +combo). +dmg to burning targets on the ballistas. Luck potion is used in Waves 1, 5, 8, 10, and 11. Rage potion is used in wave 1. If you don't have the teleport ring, it'll add another 30 to 45 seconds to your time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AntonLacon said:

Try this one:

It's ~310k in 10:30 using Max. Dobbin will probably be the coin difference, and maybe time too. It mostly runs itself. Bounty Generator on the tar and brimstone traps. +combo part on scorcher and napalm (scorcher's flip or Max's stun will trigger the +combo). +dmg to burning targets on the ballistas. Luck potion is used in Waves 1, 5, 8, 10, and 11. Rage potion is used in wave 1. If you don't have the teleport ring, it'll add another 30 to 45 seconds to your time.

Thanks, i try you method.

3 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

Would it be possible for you to show a video of your game? I try the best I can but I am far behind, on average I do 280k in 13 minutes.

I am not sure how to make videos on the ps4, and I don't have a youtube account either, there was never any need for those things. Honestly I don't think I can really be bothered to do a video and upload it somewhere, especially not since I already described in detail how my strategy works. Try to use the strategy I posted in this thread. Here is a picture from my last game stats as proof that I am not bullshitting with that strategy: https://imgur.com/vYwWknF

280k is a rather low coin number for finishing Frostbite with Dobbin, and 13 minutes is way too long in any case, do you have trouble with replicating the strategies in this thread? Do you have all your traps maxed and equipped with the parts several people recommended? How much time do you spend between rounds in a match?

On 29/1/2019 at 4:41 AM, Nighcisama said:

I am not sure how to make videos on the ps4, and I don't have a youtube account either, there was never any need for those things. Honestly I don't think I can really be bothered to do a video and upload it somewhere, especially not since I already described in detail how my strategy works. Try to use the strategy I posted in this thread. Here is a picture from my last game stats as proof that I am not bullshitting with that strategy: https://imgur.com/vYwWknF

280k is a rather low coin number for finishing Frostbite with Dobbin, and 13 minutes is way too long in any case, do you have trouble with replicating the strategies in this thread? Do you have all your traps maxed and equipped with the parts several people recommended? How much time do you spend between rounds in a match?

Time is determining when it comes to getting more or less money ?, that is ... if I take less time I earn more money?

2 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

Time is determining when it comes to getting more or less money ?, that is ... if I take less time I earn more money?

Usually, if you take less time you get a higher amount of coin per minute, maybe not a higher total amount but definitely coin per minute. The vast majority of your coin comes from killing the enemies, Dobbins 8.000 coin and the coin bags are only a bonus. For example, I can finish the Frostbite map with Max in 9-9:30 minutes and can get almost 300k coin, probably closer to 290k depending on the combos, when I actually pop the potions and how long I manage to keep the enemies in front of the Power Generators on gate 4. So to have a simpler number, we just take 300k coin with Max. I get 350k with Dobbin, which means I got 300.000 Coin from killing the enemies, 8.000 coin from his ability (which is a little more than 2%) and the remaining 42.000 (12%) from getting a good amount of coin bags.

This means less than 15% of the total coin per run come from Dobbin, so if you prolong a match because you want to get more coin bags, you almost never improve your coin per minute because you would need to get around 500 coin for each second you prolong the match. If you are wasting extra seconds placing the traps you should have already placed during the round, the loss of coin is of course quite severe. In my run, I have pretty much no time wasted in between rounds because I instantly start each new round. My experience from doing this map hundreds of times has told me when I need to go to a new gate and start placing the traps, when to go to the unstable rifts, and because I placed the traps so many times and abuse the Tunnel ability, I am quick enough to still collect coins even in the waves I place traps.

What I am saying is, if your match takes 13 minutes, which is at least 3 minutes more than my matches, you need around 455k coin to have the same coin per minute I have. Instead, you have 280k coin, which is less than I have. Therefore I think you can vastly improve your coin per minute if you just finish the map 2-3 minutes faster.

• Like 1

"I am quick enough to still collect coins even in the waves I place traps." Creo que aquí es donde está la diferencia, nosotros colocamos trampas y pasamos a la siguiente puerta. Sería interesante ver el orden de aparición de enemigos por oleada según la puerta. Es decir, si en la oleada 6, aparecen antes en la puerta 1 pero nos quedamos en la puerta 3, colocando trampas, perdemos el dinero de eliminar enemigos en esa puerta y las posibles bolsas de monedas...

Si me das unos dia puedo pensar como optimizar eso, tanto con el tunel de Dobbin como con el anillo del teletransportación, para poder acudir a varias puertas en según que oleadas...

@WaddysWDS

• Like 1

So I did some more tweaking and here’s what I’ve changed. I dropped my items and took up a ring of teleportation and the root that heals. I dropped the green pentagon perk for cool down reduction. I also dropped the XP potion for caffeine potion (cooldown reduction). I dropped a ceiling trap and picked up great barricade. I no longer build the 6 traps behind the guardian at door 2. I put 3 barricades there to make a long hallway with 5 power generators on the wall and end it with the 3 floor traps. I put 2 power generators at the corner of the guardian at door 3. Finally at door 4 I build 2 barricades to push them into the 5 power gens (thanks to the additional video posted for these tips) and build barricades to push them to the far steps and build 2 rows of the floor traps with 4 power generators placed on these walls. 

I don’t know if it’s the CDR or barricades but it’s made a huge difference. I can push 350-360k with ease at 9:30-9:50 (time is dependent on rift and mercenary spawns). 

Id make another video but with this bug if “you didn’t close your last game properly” it’s become such a headache. 

Utilize your ring and tunnels and you’ll probably easily pull down more than that. I’m not very efficient at my tunnel jumping so I’d say people could probably push 375-380k in under 10 minutes if they get a good rhythym down. 

Anyway, I’m up to 67% and always making progress. How goes everyone’s runs?

Edited by DanTheManGum
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DanTheManGum said:

So I did some more tweaking and here’s what I’ve changed. I dropped my items and took up a ring of teleportation and the root that heals. I dropped the green pentagon perk for cool down reduction. I also dropped the XP potion for caffeine potion (cooldown reduction). I dropped a ceiling trap and picked up great barricade. I no longer build the 6 traps behind the guardian at door 2. I put 3 barricades there to make a long hallway with 5 power generators on the wall and end it with the 3 floor traps. I put 2 power generators at the corner of the guardian at door 3. Finally at door 4 I build 2 barricades to push them into the 5 power gens (thanks to the additional video posted for these tips) and build barricades to push them to the far steps and build 2 rows of the floor traps with 4 power generators placed on these walls. 

I don’t know if it’s the CDR or barricades but it’s made a huge difference. I can push 350-360k with ease at 9:30-9:50 (time is dependent on rift and mercenary spawns). 

Id make another video but with this bug if “you didn’t close your last game properly” it’s become such a headache. 

Utilize your ring and tunnels and you’ll probably easily pull down more than that. I’m not very efficient at my tunnel jumping so I’d say people could probably push 375-380k in under 10 minutes if they get a good rhythym down. 

Anyway, I’m up to 67% and always making progress. How goes everyone’s runs?

Think of a possibility similar to yours, imagine what he has done, I look forward to his video. Thank you.