New Pokemon games on the Switch

Honor_Hand

I need to see more of this.

With the adoption of pokemon go encounters, it will probably change how experience points are gained.

I feel like these games are more catered to pokemon go players who haven't played a core pokemon for a while/ever. Just from the trailer on first look, the mechanics seem to be a lot watered down compared to Ultra Sun/ Ultra Moon. Conversely, it does have the fun pokemon aesthetic that we know and love.

58 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Article on siliconera states it will also include some alola pokemon, plus one new never before seen pokemon

You're right about the one new Pokémon, which wasn't enough for me to count against exclusively first gen, doubly so since it seems to be a Pokémon you unlock in Go by playing Let's Go.

Don't know where they get the Alola thing from because every official source says only Kanto. Do you have a link?

58 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

as for no wild encounters, this game just feels like a glorified home console version of Pokemon Go, so it will be a hard pass for me

It still has trainer battles, gyms and a story, it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more curious about the 2019 game too. But I think Let's Go will be a nice (even-more-)casual game to play alongside my platformers.

I would've been pissed though if they hadn't announced the "core RPG" 2019 game. It's good that they cleared up it isn't just Let's Go that we're getting.

46 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

How are you supposed to be able to train and level up for trainers if there's no wild encounters? Does the game just give a ton of rare candies or something?

By battling trainers?...

I used repels all the time when I played Pokémon and only battled other trainers to level up, and I still managed to beat the Elite 4, so...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

By battling trainers?...

I used repels all the time when I played Pokémon and only battled other trainers to level up, and I still managed to beat the Elite 4, so...

Good for you, but some people like to grind to max levels, and without any word of the versus seeker returning, it's a mystery.

19 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

You're right about the one new Pokémon, which wasn't enough for me to count against exclusively first gen, doubly so since it seems to be a Pokémon you unlock in Go by playing Let's Go.

Don't know where they get the Alola thing from because every official source says only Kanto. Do you have a link?

It still has trainer battles, gyms and a story, it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more curious about the 2019 game too. But I think Let's Go will be a nice (even-more-)casual game to play alongside my platformers.

I would've been pissed though if they hadn't announced the "core RPG" 2019 game. It's good that they cleared up it isn't just Let's Go that we're getting.

Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! will have 151Pokémon but will also include Alola Pokémon.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/30/the-pokmon-company-shares-more-on-lets-go-features-and-switch-in-qa-session/

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Good for you, but some people like to grind to max levels, and without any word of the versus seeker returning, it's a mystery.

One suggestion I've seen is that it could be that all trainers in the game could be rebattled after a while. We'll see, I guess.

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! will have 151Pokémon but will also include Alola Pokémon.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/30/the-pokmon-company-shares-more-on-lets-go-features-and-switch-in-qa-session/

Huh. That's a weird way to say it, almost like the Alola Pokémon are part of the 151. I think something went wrong in the translation there, probably means 151 Kanto Pokémon plus a few Alola.

Pretty weird, I wonder then why they specifically say that only Kanto Pokémon from Go can be transferred to Let's Go.

31 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

One suggestion I've seen is that it could be that all trainers in the game could be rebattled after a while. We'll see, I guess.

Huh. That's a weird way to say it, almost like the Alola Pokémon are part of the 151. I think something went wrong in the translation there, probably means 151 Kanto Pokémon plus a few Alola.

Pretty weird, I wonder then why they specifically say that only Kanto Pokémon from Go can be transferred to Let's Go.

I'm thinking it might just be a mistranslation and they were probably talking about the Alola forms of the original 151

I've spent hundreds of hours of my life playing Pokemon games, and consider X & Y the pinnacle of the core games.  I EV and IV trained, I bred for egg moves, I hunted for shiny Pokemon, I had an active friend safari, and I transferred all of my other mons into that thing...can't think of what's it's called now.  The bank!  That's it.  However, Sun and Moon turned me off, and I didn't bother playing anything past completing Sun once, despite buying both at launch day (as I always have).  Was bored with the story, the art style, Z moves, and Alolan versions of existing Pokemon.  Too much that was great was removed from X & Y when making Sun and Moon.

ANYWAY (pardon the rant), having a real Pokemon RPG on the Switch may just restart my love for it all.  Especially (are you listening, Nintendo??) if more mega evolutions are introduced, which are one of the greatest things Pokemon has ever done.