Good Job can be done on Easy!

I can confirm you can get Good Job for Streets of Rage 3 on Easy. You do have to use the Stage Select code for it since you can't go past level 5 if you play normally, but I did complete the game on easy and the trophy popped. Made things a lot less of a headache.

I was playing the NA version if anyone's curious.

Edited by Spyro
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I did it on hard, I was very familiar with this game since childhood..... also very big help when abusing that rewind  button, but i remember that we used to set the game on Hardest difficulty ( Japanese Version ) and beat it every day.

the NA version is very new to me and this is the very first time I ever play it in my life and boy it felt not just censored when compared to the the Jap version, but it was a downgrade too, long gone the gay boss and you can't even fight the replacement, shiva cannot be unlocked, they completely changed the flashy badass start screen and replace it with a very dull one, the difficulty was changed too as hard is the highest difficulty in the game.... it's just Very Hard of the Japanese version but they double the HP of the enemies and bosses and made you receive double the damage you used to get in the Japanese. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 7:34 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

I did it on hard, I was very familiar with this game since childhood..... also very big help when abusing that rewind  button, but i remember that we used to set the game on Hardest difficulty ( Japanese Version ) and beat it every day.

the NA version is very new to me and this is the very first time I ever play it in my life and boy it felt not just censored when compared to the the Jap version, but it was a downgrade too, long gone the gay boss and you can't even fight the replacement, shiva cannot be unlocked, they completely changed the flashy badass start screen and replace it with a very dull one, the difficulty was changed too as hard is the highest difficulty in the game.... it's just Very Hard of the Japanese version but they double the HP of the enemies and bosses and made you receive double the damage you used to get in the Japanese. 

Old post, but holding Up & Attack until Stage 2 during the end of Stage 1 unlocks Shiva in the western version.

• 2 years later...

The NA version was heavily censored, they clothed the female fighters by hiding their legs and covering up their breasts more. Enemies had far more HP and were more brutal. The one good side regarding the NA version was your special attack did not take away your health as much.

In the Japanese version, using your special attack too early took away a good chunk of health. Enemies were far more balanced, and you had an additional boss enemy in the first level. He was removed in the NA version because he is homosexual, probably regarded as too inappropriate for kids in America. The story was also cut back, the original Japanese version has lengthier cutscenes between levels.

Still an awesome game. Rented it at a local video store more times than I can count. Loved it to death as a kid.

• Like 1