Netflix Questions

Dreakon139

My girlfriend lives a little ways from me so we can't hang out every night. She has a Wii. I have a Wii and a PS3 that I use to watch Netflix.

If I gave her my account info, could she use Netflix on her Wii when I'm not using it? When I originally started using it on my Wii, I had to input some code on the Netflix site. Would she have to do the same thing? Should her doing such a thing concern me?

I was reading that you're allowed a certain amount of devices attached to an account. Right now I have my Wii, my PS3 and my laptop. If that's true, how many spots do I have left and can I unattach devices from my account?

Thanks guys. She'd have a blast with it on nights she can't come over to my place.

EDIT: I just looked on the Netflix site and theres a spot I can add devices. Despite it working on my Wii, PS3 and laptop, they aren't listed here. Wassup wit dat?

My girlfriend lives a little ways from me so we can't hang out every night. She has a Wii. I have a Wii and a PS3 that I use to watch Netflix.

If I gave her my account info, could she use Netflix on her Wii when I'm not using it? When I originally started using it on my Wii, I had to input some code on the Netflix site. Would she have to do the same thing? Should her doing such a thing concern me?

I was reading that you're allowed a certain amount of devices attached to an account. Right now I have my Wii, my PS3 and my laptop. If that's true, how many spots do I have left and can I unattach devices from my account?

Thanks guys. She'd have a blast with it on nights she can't come over to my place.

Obviously you havn't struck on some genious idea here, no doubt people have tried this and no doubt netflix has people in place to check up on who's connecting, when and from which device, that said most people who have to monitor this shit are retards anyway.

You could both connect to netflix over a VPN/virtual lan though, get her to switch that shit on and both use accounts with the same household details, tbh though if you didn't already start thinking like that you're more than likely gonna fuck it up and end up getting "caught". That said I don't really understand what they could do about it if you were caught.

That's pretty sad, seems like they're stamping down on people... you know... enjoying their accounts.

Now for the record, I wouldn't intend to use it at the same time as her. She'd text, ask if I'm using it and if I'm not, she would use it. Would that still be an issue? Would be kind of lame is Netflix were so strict I technically couldn't ever use it outside of my own house...

Occasionally I've used it on 2 PS3's in one house. So far, no crackdown from the Netflix police. But, I'm not sure what any distance further than 30 feet would do to Netflix's monitors. I makes since that you could use it in multiple locations, i.e., moving around, but not at once.

From everything I read I don't think they really mind if you use it on multiple devices... especially if it's in the same house. That's why they have the whole "Manage Devices" thing on the website. It's probably just connecting from different locations that bugs them.

But that's pretty stupid, who are they to say I can't use my paid subscription in a different house lol.

Well, this begs the question, though, what if you were to lend one of your devices to someone who doesn't live with you, and they access Netflix from their location. I wonder how that would be handled? I can understand the accounts being accessed on multiple devices simultaneously being a problem, but only one at a time? I'm not so sure.

That said, why not just switch Wii's in the meantime, since you already have it activated on yours.

That said, why not just switch Wii's in the meantime, since you already have it activated on yours.

Well, the point is for her to use it when we can't hang out together... and when I'm not using it. It's not particularly efficient to drive to and from eachothers houses between our work schedules and in general, just to swap Wii's.

Besides, I think location is the actual issue? I think I'm allowed to have more than one Wii activated on my account.

Well, the point is for her to use it when we can't hang out together... and when I'm not using it. It's not particularly efficient to drive to and from eachothers houses between our work schedules and in general, just to swap Wii's.

Besides, I think location is the actual issue? I think I'm allowed to have more than one Wii activated on my account.

I don't think it is an issue at all. I've accessed my Netflix account hundreds of miles form my home, several times in several different places, and Netflix hasn't said anything to me. The way I see it, they have no idea where you are or why you're there and so long as you only have it on one device at a time they can't prove your abusing it. Hell, even if they do say something tell them you're married but for work reasons you have to live separately or some bullshit like that.

Honestly though, I can't imagine them saying anything even if you both sign on at the same time, form different places. Try it for a while and if they say something make up some bull, and if they don't say anything just keep doing what you're doing.

Parker

Yeah, I would think it's the simultaneity factor, not so much the location, but I'm not certain. I mean, with Netflix you're allowed streaming to portable devices, which you can take anywhere. What's to stop me from taking my laptop on a trip and watching movies hundreds of miles away? And, in fairness, what's to stop my wife from staying home and watching a movie on my PS3 while I watch one on my laptop? I would suspect that people who get in trouble abuse the service to the point where it's obvious.

Anyone else get the apology E-Mail from Netflix? Kind of odd that so many people were that upset with a tiny price increase. I've also heard Netflix, or Qwikster as it's called now I guess, are going to start stocking video games as well.

Parker

Tiny? It was like 60%.

I may give Qwikster a shot if they can manage to be comparable to Gamefly's game availability while shipping quicker than Blockbuster while hitting a reasonable price point.. I haven't been pleased with BB's game service - forget new releases and availability is an issue. There's clearly space in the market for improved service and I'm hoping Qwikster can capitalize. Anyone know when the service launches?

Tiny? It was like 60%.

I may give Qwikster a shot if they can manage to be comparable to Gamefly's game availability while shipping quicker than Blockbuster while hitting a reasonable price point.. I haven't been pleased with BB's game service - forget new releases and availability is an issue. There's clearly space in the market for improved service and I'm hoping Qwikster can capitalize. Anyone know when the service launches?

Yes, it was tiny. Sure it was a massive increase percentage wise, but 60% of $8 isn't a whole lot of money, in my opinion, especially for the service you get. I'm not sure when the service launches either, but I'd imagine it will be fairly soon.

Parker

While not on topic completely, it's still a Netflix question.

Why is the streaming selection so hit and miss? They have Home Alone 3 (the worst one), but not 1 and 2. They have Saw 6 and 7, but none of the others. The anime, despite largely being dubbed and released on DVD, only offer subtitles on the majority of them. No Simpsons?!

Is it licensing issues or can I cross my fingers that some of these might get added someday?

i just installed netflix and activated my account on the wii last sunday i believe. the netflix chanel was free, and i didnt have to input any code. just my email and password. that is all that i had to do.

It definitely asked me to input a code, though in it's defense, it said the code was invalid and eventually continued and let me use it anyways lol.

It definitely asked me to input a code, though in it's defense, it said the code was invalid and eventually continued and let me use it anyways lol.

when did you first sign into netflix from your wii? :o

i signed up to netflix like, last month. had no problems signing in anywhere, and didnt use any codes. i activated 2 laptops, 1 wii, and 1 ps3.

when did you first sign into netflix from your wii? :o

i signed up to netflix like, last month. had no problems signing in anywhere, and didnt use any codes. i activated 2 laptops, 1 wii, and 1 ps3.

A week or two ago. Like I said, it asked for a code, but continued despite deeming the one I entered incorrect... so I dunno lol.

A week or two ago. Like I said, it asked for a code, but continued despite deeming the one I entered incorrect... so I dunno lol.

hmm. no idea why that happened, then. sorry ;( but it shouldnt happen anymore though. maybe thats cause you were registering or something? no idea