Display forum name in thread lists

It isn't a bad idea, but personally I'm not a fan, 

I like the fact that you may not quite know what you are delving into, as a result I've found some interesting conversations that I wouldn't have bothered with if it had been categorised beforehand. That and the fact that you know where you are as soon as you hit the link, makes it seem like an unnecessary change to me.

• Like 1

I like the fact that you may not quite know what you are delving into, as a result I've found some interesting conversations that I wouldn't have bothered with if it had been categorised beforehand. That and the fact that you know where you are as soon as you hit the link, makes it seem like an necessary change to me.

That's true.  However, I went to both of the threads I mentioned in the OP and neither of them interested me at all, so it was a waste of time.  No offense to the topic creators of course, I'm sure it matters to them and a lot of people, just not me personally.  I just don't like having to play a guessing game.

This is actually not a bad idea, but I would rather it somehow fitted without removing the time. Also the fact that some of the forum names are longer than just "Off topic" it could be a bit of a squeeze and require some ingenuity to get them to fit.

An extra line as Playsonic suggested in the first response seems like a good alternative, or else have the forum name appear in the mouseover/hover popup text along with the topic title would be enough.

Edited by Aipher

I like the fact that you may not quite know what you are delving into, as a result I've found some interesting conversations that I wouldn't have bothered with if it had been categorised beforehand. That and the fact that you know where you are as soon as you hit the link, makes it seem like an unnecessary change to me.

This is almost the trophy mindset. Incentive to explore other things in a game you normally wouldn't have. You're just looking for any reason to try something new. Little did you know, the desire was inside of you all along. :P

• Like 1

Bit like a box of chocolates.