Did they fix the grip issue?

CookeKeyes

Let me start off by saying that SoTC is my favorite game of all time, so it’s something that means a great deal to me.

That being said, I played the PS3 HD collection when it came out several years ago (because of course I did) and I was very disappointed with what Blue Point did to my beloved game. In the original PS2 version the gripping system works exactly as it should have; namely, if you’re holding the button down, you’re grip is going to remain, and if the colossus begins to shake around you have a chance to lose your grip momentarily.

Now, in the PS3 version it seems this was changed and Wander will lose his grip randomly, regardless of what the colossus is doing. Needless to say, this makes for some VERY frustrating and frankly unfair situations where your success comes down more to luck than skill. This, in my opinion ruined the game and made it infuriating to play, especially the hard time attacks.

So naturally I’m a bit wary of playing this seeing that Blue Point is still the developer, and this version was most likely built using the PS3 HD remake as a base. Can anyone confirm if this issue still exists? Or did they actually fix it, going back to the original PS2’s grip system? Thanks for any answers.

Ps4 version is completely redone from the ground up, not built from the ps2 version like the ps3 version was. The grip issue in the ps3 version is due to issues with the framerate. PS4 version doesn't have these issues. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed some issues with the grip in the PS4 version of SotC. A lot of times Wander couldn't get a grip when he should have. Didn't notice issues with him suddenly losing his grip when holding onto something though.

The worse issue was how at times his movements made no sense at all when he was climbing or holding onto the colossi. Suddenly he was hanging upside down or he had moved 2 meters to the left for no reason. This made moving to specific spots really aggravating as his position somehow seemed to also affect the controls. When I wanted him to move forward he suddenly started moving backwards, etc.

I don't know if they have patched these issues as I haven't felt the desire to touch the game again after getting the platinum.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...