What's the cheapest way to get the DLC?

sepheroithisgod

I originally bought Destiny at launch with the expansion pass for $100. When I learned it didn't actually include the expansion's and that TTK literally included what I paid for at the same price, I quit the game. Was thinking about getting the DLC, but I still see the collection for $60 dollars, which is mind-boggling. What's the cheapest way to get TTK and ROI?

I preordered the full year one collection, and then bought both TTK and RoI as they came out for a total of $70 for both of those expansions. $40 for TTK for owning all year one expansions, and then $30 for RoI for owning all year one expansions plus TTK.

I'd check the store while logged in to see what the prices are for your account for TTK and RoI individually, since you already have the year one content. My guess is they haven't been discounted, which would make the complete collection at $60 the least expensive option to get it all.

The Destiny Collection usually goes on sale for $30 or less, I'd say wait until it goes on sale, if not digitally then through a retailer like Gamestop or Amazon. I've seen it on sale a few times already this year. If you're willing to wait a month or two then your patience will be rewarded. Don't know if you're in a huge rush to get it or not, though.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

thinking about going back to do the dlcs for this

haven't played since I got the plat in 2015

I originally bought the game + 2 expansions

did not buy taken king or rise of iron

on the psn store taken king is $20, but rise of iron has no price. when u click on it, it says u have to u purchase TTK before u can purchase ROI ?

does anyone know what is the price of the ROI dlc?

6 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

thinking about going back to do the dlcs for this

haven't played since I got the plat in 2015

I originally bought the game + 2 expansions

did not buy taken king or rise of iron

on the psn store taken king is $20, but rise of iron has no price. when u click on it, it says u have to u purchase TTK before u can purchase ROI 1f60f.png

does anyone know what is the price of the ROI dlc?

UK store has The Taken King priced at £15.99, and Rise Of Iron priced at £24.99, so I would take a guess at the US store having Rise Of Iron priced at about $30.

Edited by Stevieboy

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

UK store has The Taken King priced at £15.99, and Rise Of Iron priced at £24.99, so I would take a guess at the US store having Rise Of Iron priced at about $30.

thanks for the reply

this pisses me off. I paid $100 for the game.. now I have to pay an additional $50... when the entire content is selling as the collectors edition for only $60 

for the ppl who have played both dlcs.. is the content worth $50 iyo?