Suggestion: Option to flag games that we own from a different region.

A few times I've tried to report someone for having illegitimate trophies in a game that I have, but it seems that I can only flag users for the version that I own. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single instance where a game doesn't have an identical trophy list that's shared amongst each of the regions.

Can it be made possible for us to flag users for games that we own, regardless of  the region?

• Like 3

I second this. Even if there are region exclusive bugs, they are usually documented in the forums of most games, and anyone flagging a game should at least double-check if there's no 'other way' anyways. 

Other than that, the games are almost identical, so the flagger will have knowledge of how the game plays regardless of region.

• Like 3

I don't necessarily agree with this.

Occasionally games in different regions will have bugs for certain trophies that don't occur in your region. Or there could be non-trophy DLC released specifically for other regions that makes the game easier/trophies appear "too soon".

Yes, if people get flagged for a regional oddity, it's easy enough to explain, and the flag team can be aware of these things. However, it seems like there might be an increased amount of incorrect well-intentioned reports and at least an initial increase of folks annoyed by the flags.

Edit--

Would also like to add that many people who blatantly cheat games will do so for multiple region stacks, so it's easy enough to just report them for one region and the rest will follow. Flag team seems to be good at that.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

@eigen-space gotta agree with you there. It would end up doing more harm than good. While there may not be many differences with regional stacks, there are at least a few. Go to example is Corpse Party Blood Drive, where the Korean version can be platted in a matter of seconds due to the debug menu. I doubt many people would do their research first and just start flagging that version of the game.

It's best to avoid false flags where possible really. I mean if you think the stacks are cheated, other games will be as well, so just pick one of those (that you know are cheated of course...) and be done with it.

• 1 month later...