Top 5 Anticipated Games for 2019 (Confirmed Only)

PhantomFear94

What are you top 5 favourite games coming out on PS4 in 2019?  

Rules:

- Needs to have a release date or at least release window (i.e. a trailer with Coming in 2019 / Spring 2019 etc).   So games like The Last of Us II and Death Stranding shouldn't be included

- Must be coming out on PS4.    So games like Ori and the WIll of the Wisps and Gears of War 5  shouldn't be included.

1) Metro: Exodus  - This is my 3rd favourite series of all time (behind Half Life and BioShock), and I can't wait to play Exodus.  It looks pretty true to the rest of the series, which is a good thing, and I only wish for slight evolutions from 2033 and Last light.  A semi-open world, single player only is that slight evolution I crave.  I think that Metro is probably the most immersive, consuming gaming world I have EVER experienced.  It was one of the very, very few games where

2) Resident Evil 2 (Remake) - I am a 24 man and am pretty mature in most regards.  However, I literally squealed like a girl when this came on screen.   I adore Resident Evil, and although I think the series has made some mistakes Resident Evil 7 was one of my proudest 100% completions (did it on Xbox).  I haven't played a better game since January 2017, and I think Resident Evil 2 is the next likely game to take that crown away.  I'm in love with everything I've seen so far, and I like the mixture of modern mechanics and adherence to their original without being SO adherent they sacrifice improvements.  It's what made DOOM (2016) one of the best games I've played in the last 5-7 years.   Another benefit is that we don't have to wait too long, just 6 months!

3) Rage 2 - I had a conversation with my better half that Rage was an underrated game that i was gutted never had a sequel.  Now, that's exactly what happened!   I obviously love Rage, but it did have shortcomings, mainly in its open world.  Giving that to Avalanche whilst id focuses on, you know, the FPS combat that NO ONE does better is a recpie for success IMO.  I think the lighter tone suits the game and will remove it from Mad Max comparisons somewhat, and should be a solid shooter.  I hope they don't starting dicking around with MP though, lets keep it single player please!

4) Control - I'm predominately an Xbox gamer (I love all 3 current-gen systems, but I have most of my completions and friends on Xbox).  As such, I have been able to actively enjoyed the last 2 Remedy games "Alan Wake" and "Quantum Break" which were both Xbox Exclusives.  The latter received a decent critical reception (77%), but was mixed with consumers; I thought it brought a lot of unique mechanics, looked great and had a pretty good story.   Control seems to take all aspects (can only infer narrative from thematic elements of the trailer) and have made something which looks interesting and different to what else is on the market.  I think Quantum Break was just the beginning for a bigger "magnus opus", which I think Control can be.  I also like that, apparently, there will be a hub-world type of design; maybe different dimension shifts?  I do have some minor concerns; I think the gameplay looks a bit under-polished in the trailer for a true nuts and bolts AAA, and I have concerns with the studio's generla reliance on collectibles to pad out the story over actual story-telling enhchancements.  But still, very cool trailer and I'm glad they are bringing this one to PS4 for more to enjoy!

5) Kingdom Hearts III - I'm not obsessed with the games, but I think they are great games (dare I say better than FF) and am very excited to try out a solid series with current gen graphics and capabilities.  

-------------------------------------------------------

TBA Release Date Games I'm Hyped For

- DOOM: Eternal (DOOM is my favourite current gen game along with RE7, Wolfenstein: TNO and Fallout 4.  So more DOOM is a happy James.)

- Death Stranding (I love Hideo Kojima, and everything he touches is golddust.  Confusing, weird golddust).

- The Last Of Us: Part II (The Last of Us was a modern masterpiece, and I expect nothing less of Part 2.)

- Dying Light 2 (I enjoyed but didn't love the first game.  However, this trailer suprised me the most with how awesome I thought it looked.   A lack of Zombies in the day and more focus in the night with more intense human faction encounters is a direction I really, really think is a good and interesting move.)

-------------------------------------------------------

Game I'm Not Hyped For:

- Days Gone (gameplay looks super ropey, the E3 gameplay this year was even more laughable, and it looks pretty uninspired.)

- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (not my genre)

- Wolfenstein: Youngblood (after they ruined an amazing series with 2, which I won't go over again in this forum, I'm not hoping for much with this.)

- Skull & Bones (I have a soft spot for Ubisoft, but I feel this game has a bit of a "For Honor" type fickleness where there is potential but not much substance and will be a low 70's type of game on MC)

- Devil May Cry 5 (again not my thing.  Also, I would never generalise as I'm sure 90% of the fans are bae, some fans gave me death threats because I put "DmC" instead of "DMC." Chill out, like.)

Edited by phantomfear9494

Well... that’s depressing... I just looked at a list of everything announced at E3, and here’s my list:

1. Metro Exodus

2. The Last of Us Part 2

that’s it.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 seems great, but it’s a very long way off, and I expect to like Life is Strange 2, but there is so little info about it so far. Dead Cells is great, but an entierly known-quantity.

Seems like this was a good E3 for someone who isn’t me - most of what people seemed to be getting hyped for looked pretty uninteresting for my tastes.

Spiderman seems like a quick-time heavy waste of a good studio’s time, Death stranding seems like a limp Kojima whine-a-thon aimed more at sticking it to the company who were mean enough to employ him for two decades than at giving the players a good time.

Ghosts of Shushushushsushsisushshsisi is a cut scene, Days Gone looks like it is a game designed by an algorithm, and that From Software game is way too early to tell if they are sticking to their usual level of greatness.

AC: Odyssey could be great, but it seems like more of a continuation of the Origins formula, which is fine, but not unexpected, and Fallout 76 seems to be taking the series places I don’t feel like going, and Smash bros, is... more smash bros.

On the other hand, the best games are always the ones that either surprise you with their quality, or just come out of nowhere to blow you away, so I remain, as ever, optimistic! :) 

• Like 1

1. Trials Rising (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - This is so hard my number one, everyone who knows me knows that I am more into indie and "skillgames", Trials is one of those series which I would play for the rest of my life, just because it is so good and challenging :D 

2. Kingdom Hearts III

3. Metro Exodus

4. The Division 2

.. when I really have to name a fifth one..

5. Days Gone.

1) Dead Or Alive 6

2) Catherine Full Body

3) Grandblue Fantasy [Project Re:LINK]

4) CODE VEIN

5) Days Gone

And that's it for my top 5, most games aren't confirmed for 2019 yet but Ghost Of Tsushima would definitely have a place on this list (probably 3rd place since the first and second games are locked unless Cyberpunk 2077 miraculously releases in 2019...) and the same goes for Death Stranding. As far as The Last Of Us Part 2 is concerned, the more I see about the game, the less I'm excited to play it which is a shame considering how much I liked the first one.

Edited by itachi-destroyer