How to easily kill Dark Yojimbo without Luck

BlackTorito

I will write this for future comers so they don’t waste a lot of time farming Luck and Fortune spheres. This is no new strategy but may save some time surfing the net like I did.

Requirements:

- Rikku, Yuna, Auron (Rikku and Yuna are a must)

- Fully upgraded Celestial Weapons

- 255 Strenght, 255 Defense and 255 Agility 

- Around 30,000 HP is a good spot for surviving a few Wazikhasis in a row.

- Super Mighty G materials (Rikku)

- Ultra NulAll materials (Rikku) 

Check this: https://www.gamerguides.com/ffx/extras/overdrives/rikku-mix

- Unlock Evasion and Accuracy nodes as normal, they don’t need to be maxed. 

- It is not necessary but you will want to max Magic Defense during the process anyway (for other fights and farming).

Method: 

- First fight, Zanmato him if you want, it’s an easy one to skip this way and the most difficult to do legit since he will Ambush you 100% of the time.

- For the rest of the battles, cast Hastega right away then use Super Mighty G as soon as possible with Rikku then proceed to cast 15 times Aim + one Ultra NulAll with Rikku (this is 5 Aims in one go). This will make you likely hit for like 75% of the time.

- Spam Quick Hit, make sure to refresh Haste on Yuna if she dies and be aware of HIS BAR, when it’s full, MAKE SURE Yuna have a turn in the queue to Summon an Aeon to take the Zanmato instead.

- Be aware on the 5th battle as he will charge the bar much faster.

This is a guaranteed and easy method if you are careful about his bar. With max defense and Super Mighty G you will survive for most of the battle without trouble, just heal if needed and keep them in shape, you have a lot of turns.

6 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I just had one person cast auto life while the other two doublecasted Flare / Ultima. Super easy with the right gear / stats since magic doesn't miss anyways.

How much magic? Farming Flan is a pain in the ass too, and in the end you need Defense and HP to survive anyway, I would say its easier to maximize strenght and cast Aim 20 times, furthermore the animations of the magic will make the battle longer than quick hitting.

I know people fill up the sphere grid differently but what I did is the spheres I found through out the game I used & then once I was able to access the monster arena I saves up 40 luck spheres, I used them on the grid & activated them on Yuna first as the amount you find in game & getting 40 from the monster arena would be enough to put luck up to 255. I then saved up 40 of each strength, defense, hp, magic, magic defense, mp, agility, accuracy & evasion. Once I had saved 40 of each I would use 1 of each strength, defense, hp, magic, magic defense, mp, agility, accuracy & evasion & then continue like that until I had filled up the grid completely & activate them with the power, mana & speed spheres. When I'd of done that & gained the celestial weapons allowing the aeons to break the 9999 hp limit on attacks I found that Dark Yojimbo & most of the other dark aeons were relatively easy.

Not sure if this will be for everyone but this is what I found to help with beating them

2 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

How much magic? Farming Flan is a pain in the ass too, and in the end you need Defense and HP to survive anyway, I would say its easier to maximize strenght and cast Aim 20 times, furthermore the animations of the magic will make the battle longer than quick hitting.

I'm not saying either way is better. Just offering an alternative. I raised magic anyways, would've even without this. It was super easy.

5 hours ago, palmersib said:

I know people fill up the sphere grid differently but what I did is the spheres I found through out the game I used & then once I was able to access the monster arena I saves up 40 luck spheres, I used them on the grid & activated them on Yuna first as the amount you find in game & getting 40 from the monster arena would be enough to put luck up to 255. I then saved up 40 of each strength, defense, hp, magic, magic defense, mp, agility, accuracy & evasion. Once I had saved 40 of each I would use 1 of each strength, defense, hp, magic, magic defense, mp, agility, accuracy & evasion & then continue like that until I had filled up the grid completely & activate them with the power, mana & speed spheres. When I'd of done that & gained the celestial weapons allowing the aeons to break the 9999 hp limit on attacks I found that Dark Yojimbo & most of the other dark aeons were relatively easy.

Not sure if this will be for everyone but this is what I found to help with beating them

You don’t even need 255 luck, 115 is enough for Yojimbo.

The point here is to beat D. Yojimbo as effortlessly and faster as possible, we all know the standard method to beat him, but is too time consuming.

• 1 year later...

On 7/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, KingGuy420 said:

I just had one person cast auto life while the other two doublecasted Flare / Ultima. Super easy with the right gear / stats since magic doesn't miss anyways.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:00 AM, BlackTorito said:

I will write this for future comers so they don’t waste a lot of time farming Luck and Fortune spheres. This is no new strategy but may save some time surfing the net like I did.

How much damage do those attacks do and how many does it take to kill Yomjimbo?

Requirements:

- Rikku, Yuna, Auron (Rikku and Yuna are a must)

- Fully upgraded Celestial Weapons

- 255 Strenght, 255 Defense and 255 Agility 

- Around 30,000 HP is a good spot for surviving a few Wazikhasis in a row.

- Super Mighty G materials (Rikku)

- Ultra NulAll materials (Rikku) 

Check this: https://www.gamerguides.com/ffx/extras/overdrives/rikku-mix

- Unlock Evasion and Accuracy nodes as normal, they don’t need to be maxed. 

- It is not necessary but you will want to max Magic Defense during the process anyway (for other fights and farming).

Method: 

- First fight, Zanmato him if you want, it’s an easy one to skip this way and the most difficult to do legit since he will Ambush you 100% of the time.

- For the rest of the battles, cast Hastega right away then use Super Mighty G as soon as possible with Rikku then proceed to cast 15 times Aim + one Ultra NulAll with Rikku (this is 5 Aims in one go). This will make you likely hit for like 75% of the time.

- Spam Quick Hit, make sure to refresh Haste on Yuna if she dies and be aware of HIS BAR, when it’s full, MAKE SURE Yuna have a turn in the queue to Summon an Aeon to take the Zanmato instead.

- Be aware on the 5th battle as he will charge the bar much faster.

This is a guaranteed and easy method if you are careful about his bar. With max defense and Super Mighty G you will survive for most of the battle without trouble, just heal if needed and keep them in shape, you have a lot of turns.

Thanks for the guide man.

I actually now have all stats at 255 with the exception of luck between 99-103 for my characters. I was actually curious about what damage magic would do as some enemies take hits at 99999 damage but overdrives might only get around 45k per hit for Wakka and Tidus, depending on the enemy of course. 

I have around 20 nodes left on the grid to fill for each character before I get those trophies, but might farm a little more luck before doing so. Only got Dark Anima, Sheeva and Yojimbo(X5) before I can fight Penance and then finish the game.

Edited by DaveMcDamage

• 4 months later...

The above helped big time - thanks!!

Dark Yojimbo isn't as bad as people make it sound!

RE stats - I just wanted to complete the standard sphere grid, think I had:

Str 255

Def 255

Magic 150ish

Magic Def 255

Agility 235-240ish

Accuracy 180ish? (cant remember)

Evasion 150ish? (cant remember)

Luck - 40ish

Point is - I didn't exactly farm for anything (luck especially!) I just wanted to complete the grid for the trophy.

As long as you're hasted, have auto-life and enough agility for the turns. Then it's just about cycling Wakka's Attack Reels with Rikku's Hyper Mighty G / self-casting Auto-Life, and hasting.

Cast Aim when you spare turns until you hit him fairly regularly. And swap out for aeons when DY's Overdrive is full! Piece of piss mate!! Took about 15 mins per fight.

It should be noted that I did use Stoneproof armour. Because one time on the 3rd fight his dog attack shattered Rikku...I was like     O______0    FUCK! 

I did do Zanmato on the 5th fight for the hell of it and got it. But I would've been fine!

• 6 months later...

On 06/03/2020 at 9:58 AM, Red_Barnes said:

The above helped big time - thanks!!

Dark Yojimbo isn't as bad as people make it sound!

RE stats - I just wanted to complete the standard sphere grid, think I had:

Str 255

Def 255

Magic 150ish

Magic Def 255

Agility 235-240ish

Accuracy 180ish? (cant remember)

Evasion 150ish? (cant remember)

Luck - 40ish

Point is - I didn't exactly farm for anything (luck especially!) I just wanted to complete the grid for the trophy.

As long as you're hasted, have auto-life and enough agility for the turns. Then it's just about cycling Wakka's Attack Reels with Rikku's Hyper Mighty G / self-casting Auto-Life, and hasting.

Cast Aim when you spare turns until you hit him fairly regularly. And swap out for aeons when DY's Overdrive is full! Piece of piss mate!! Took about 15 mins per fight.

It should be noted that I did use Stoneproof armour. Because one time on the 3rd fight his dog attack shattered Rikku...I was like     O______0    FUCK! 

I did do Zanmato on the 5th fight for the hell of it and got it. But I would've been fine!

How did you manage to beat Penance without farming Luck? You need 120+ to be able to hit him reliably with physical attacks.

Edited by SublimeHawk