What's Your Fav RE game ?

BSAA_Advisor

Just want to see what RE titles people enjoy the most. So sound off and explain why you like it.

I like Revelations, because it has a better atmosphere and combines horror with great storytelling, action and everything that should be in a RE title. It also made an excellent handheld title and now is getting an improved upon port for consoles. Characters are also very memorable in my opinion.

Hmm, this is a tough one. I'm going to go with Resident Evil 4 and Operation Raccoon City as a close second. I just love how RE4 felt with me, the creepy area, the common enemies and the most memorable boss fights. My first Resident Evil and also my most loved. xD

DracoLionheart.png

Edited by DracoLionheart

Hmm, this is a tough one. I'm going to go with Resident Evil 4 and Operation Raccoon City as a close second. I just love how RE4 felt with me, the creepy area, the common enemies and the most memorable boss fights. My first Resident Evil and also my most loved. xD

DracoLionheart.png

Only resident evil in name.

For me, it would be resident evil directors cut, then .. resident evil 2.

Loads of moments when i jumped out of my skin, playing them in the dark, does not seem to happen much these days

Only resident evil in name.

For me, it would be resident evil directors cut, then .. resident evil 2.

Loads of moments when i jumped out of my skin, playing them in the dark, does not seem to happen much these days

I'd recommend Revelations, I found it kind of felt like 1 or 2. It might not feel that way to most though. You might like it, if your open minded on it.

For me it'll always be the first.it was the first game I ever got on the ps1..I remember getting it and thinking "what's this **** " lol.i tried to take it back but the guy in the pleaded with me to try it again..and boy I'm glad I did..I spent hours and hours playing it.still got my original copy now and go back to it every so often.no game comes close IMO,originality,scary moments,soundtrack,even the cheesy dialog make it my best game.

2 was awesome then went downhill a bit after that.currently enjoying 6 on the 360 but looking forward to Revelations as not played it yet

For me it'll always be the first.it was the first game I ever got on the ps1..I remember getting it and thinking "what's this **** " lol.i tried to take it back but the guy in the pleaded with me to try it again..and boy I'm glad I did..I spent hours and hours playing it.still got my original copy now and go back to it every so often.no game comes close IMO,originality,scary moments,soundtrack,even the cheesy dialog make it my best game.

2 was awesome then went downhill a bit after that.currently enjoying 6 on the 360 but looking forward to Revelations as not played it yet

was about to LIKE your comment, till i saw 360

I like these. though I can't choose only one since they bring something new in terms of level of horror (Ps1 & Ps2) & gameplay (Ps3)

Resident-evil-3-nemesis-001-1024x768.jpg

My first horror game :) I like using the Mine Thrower and Grenade Launcher on this game & I've been try to figure out how to remove that big smile of the boss's face :D

resident_evil_2_wallpaper.jpg

I like using the crossbow on this game xD

7cd1bef98503ece106fba7be9349bef5-Residen

Linear Launcher weapon xD

Resident_Evil_5_Retrospective.jpg

I like using the proximity mines xD

Resident-evil-directors-cut-ps.jpg

Haven't finished this one but it really scared me :ninja:

I like playing all the Resident Evil classics PS1 and PS2.

Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 3, & Resident Evil 2 are my favorites because of the scare they give to the players. I used to play these during midnight when the clock strikes 12 :ninja:

Resident Evil Code Veronica is also in the same level for me.

Resident Evil 5- I have fun playing this. :) Story, Desperate Escape, & Lost in Nightmares

:)

Edited by NightWing
  • Like 1

As a fan that has played all main installments, I got to say that Revelations is by far the best of next gen titles on PS3/360 so far.

I like these. though I can't choose only one since they bring something new in terms of level of horror (Ps1 & Ps2) & gameplay (Ps3)

Resident-evil-3-nemesis-001-1024x768.jpg

My first horror game :) I like using the Mine Thrower and Grenade Launcher on this game & I've been try to figure out how to remove that big smile of the boss's face :D

resident_evil_2_wallpaper.jpg

I like using the crossbow on this game xD

7cd1bef98503ece106fba7be9349bef5-Residen

Linear Launcher weapon xD

Resident_Evil_5_Retrospective.jpg

I like using the proximity mines xD

Resident-evil-directors-cut-ps.jpg

Haven't finished this one but it really scared me :ninja:

I like playing all the Resident Evil classics PS1 and PS2.

Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 3, & Resident Evil 2 are my favorites because of the scare they give to the players. I used to play these during midnight when the clock strikes 12 :ninja:

Resident Evil Code Veronica is also in the same level for me.

Resident Evil 5- I have fun playing this. :) Story, Desperate Escape, & Lost in Nightmares

:)

Thats cool, if you have difficulty choosing one...the more, the merry I guess

• Like 1

Lol mate,most of r/l friends are on 360,just hook up with them to catch up and have a laugh...spread the love across all consoles

360 is an alright console but I managed to convert my bud over to PS3 with Uncharted...oh the wonders works. Though I not impressed ORC got Nemesis mode for 360 only :(

TIe between RE 2 and 4.

In the online place I would say 5, but the smoother movement of RE6 wins in the online.

Seriously, I tried going back and it was hard trying to play with outdated controls.  

I don't know why they didn't add some fluid movements like from Lost Planet: Tank controls but fluid camera/movement.

Resident evil directors cut 

Resident evil 2 

Resident evil 3 

Resident evil outbreak 1 

Resident evil outbreak 2 

Resident evil 4 

Resident evil code veronica x   

:D

Resident evil 5 in my opinion was just a shooter no horror aspect at all and 6 just sucked !

Resident evil directors cut 

Resident evil 2 

Resident evil 3 

Resident evil outbreak 1 

Resident evil outbreak 2 

Resident evil 4 

Resident evil code veronica x   

:D

Resident evil 5 in my opinion was just a shooter no horror aspect at all and 6 just sucked !

To the contrary 5 and 6 are survival horror, just an evolved version.

To the contrary 5 and 6 are survival horror, just an evolved version.

I Disagree there's no survival aspect or horror at all maybe a slight touch , I certainly wouldn't class them as survival horror 

especially 6 , there just a generic action shooter straight up .

On that subject i really hope The Evil Within sticks to it's guns and releases a true survival horror .

I Disagree there's no survival aspect or horror at all maybe a slight touch , I certainly wouldn't class them as survival horror 

especially 6 , there just a generic action shooter straight up .

On that subject i really hope The Evil Within sticks to it's guns and releases a true survival horror .

Do you think the old ways of RE would be welcomed so openly. Yes and No. As with any game, the genre that makes it what it is must eventually evolve. Are you telling that slowing seeing your team by an unseeable enemy is not to be classified as horror in some way.

How bout your team being decimated while your helpless to do nothing, I do believe people would be horrified by that. To completely dismiss any aspect of survival horror without any real evidence is just plain bias in my opinion.

• Like 1