Gamestop and the future of gaming

Stargazer2600

I really only buy from GameStop because I personally hate shopping online. I'd much rather go to a store, but something, then have it right then and there than wait a week or so for the package to show up. 

That, and the Preowned games are a LOT cheaper than their new counterparts, so if it's either a 10 buck uses game from GameStop as opposed to a 40 buck new game from Wal-Mart or so, I'd buy the 10 dollar used. 

Either way, you're supporting a company, no matter what, "shit" business practices aside. I'm sure every place has real issues. I'm honestly not quite sure where or when the whole "hate on GameStop" bandwagon started, but GameStop can't be as bad as, say, Nike, which have gone on record and admitted to using sweatshops. 

It's retail, either way. I've personally never worked at a GameStop and have no experience in the retail industry, but I just don't understand the whole bandwagon. 

:/

~L.G. <3

>when no one knows about EB games 

They're pretty much in the same situation. Selling Rick and Morty accessories , saw a pickle Rick sleeping bag once.. as well as trading cards from various cartoons etc.

Shame they're getting rid of their PS3 game stocks, I guess they don't sale that well I suppose. There's no doubt that they're all running out of buisness.

Going digital only might not appeal to most people but It's quite handy if you think about it, not having the struggle to make space for physical copies.

10 minutes ago, alicexshy said:

If you don't have OCD like I do, feel free to trash your room with "50-100" games.

A person with OCD can hoard crap while another person with OCD can try to throw everything away. Putting discs into a case and throwing away the plastic boxes could be the latter if one did it in a compulsive fashion. 

A person without said mental illness might view keeping discs in a case as a way to declutter their room...kind like how those kind of cases are marketed. 

"By storing your discs in the AmazonBasics CD/DVD binder, there is no need to take up space with bulky CD jewel cases or DVD/Blu-Ray cases. With individual disc sleeves, the binder lets you organize your collection however you choose."

Link

I think EB here in Australia is Gamestop, their computers say Gamestop. EB can be an absolute rip off though there's also some real bargains to be found there. We don't have many other retailers for games so I doubt that eb will bite the dust here. I have been into one Gamestop in my entire life and it was on Sunset Boulevarde, My EB card registered on their computer as a member but wouldn't add "tokyo xanadu" on to my purchases. The guy was so impressed with the quality of my EB platinum card that he took a photo. In short I really like EB here in Australia as it's run by gamers, My single experience in Gamestop was a good one.

6 hours ago, alicexshy said:

>when no one knows about EB games 

They're pretty much in the same situation. Selling Rick and Morty accessories , saw a pickle Rick sleeping bag once.. as well as trading cards from various cartoons etc.

Shame they're getting rid of their PS3 game stocks, I guess they don't sale that well I suppose. There's no doubt that they're all running out of buisness.

Going digital only might not appeal to most people but It's quite handy if you think about it, not having the struggle to make space for physical copies.

I have been converting DVDs and other formats to digital for several years. I have digital files of movies and televisions I can watch with just a few button clicks on my computer. But I still keep the physical DVDs and such, the reason being is technology is not infallible.

==

The sad truth is, there's not a lot most retail stores can do to bring some people back. Just look what happened to Blockbuster. They are pretty much non-existent for the most part.