Disgaea 1 Complete thoughts?

MidnightDragon

On 07/08/2018 at 6:10 AM, Spyro said:

Looks grindy. And some of the trophies make no secret of it. xD

15 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Yeah, this is going to be grindy as hell. 

To be fair, it's not something new. All the Disgaea games, have been pretty grindy in terms of the trophies. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice was particularly notorious for this.

• Like 1

It's not as grindy as some of the others - if you had to get every weapon, that would be incredibly grindy. This only requires you to take on a powerful Lv9999 enemy... with 200,000 in stats. It's not too bad.

The real problem is going to be the lack of features that make the game more palatable, like the Cheat Shop. God, I hope there's no need to pass 20 individual bills every time you want to boost the enemy levels to grind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPAgain said:

It's not as grindy as some of the others - if you had to get every weapon, that would be incredibly grindy. This only requires you to take on a powerful Lv9999 enemy... with 200,000 in stats. It's not too bad.

The real problem is going to be the lack of features that make the game more palatable, like the Cheat Shop. God, I hope there's no need to pass 20 individual bills every time you want to boost the enemy levels to grind.

From what I had read they overhaul the game mechanics with some of the "newer" mechanics, kind of like Disgaea 3 and 4 on Vita vs the PS3 versions. I expect this to be an upgraded version of the original, and not a direct port of it, so I'm expecting that we will have access to stuff that wasn't available in the original game.

This is actually the 2nd trophy set for this game..

And I can't wait to play it! I do need to keep my Disgaea EU platinum collection complete!

17 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

From what I had read they overhaul the game mechanics with some of the "newer" mechanics, kind of like Disgaea 3 and 4 on Vita vs the PS3 versions. I expect this to be an upgraded version of the original, and not a direct port of it, so I'm expecting that we will have access to stuff that wasn't available in the original game.

This is actually the 2nd trophy set for this game..

And I can't wait to play it! I do need to keep my Disgaea EU platinum collection complete!

Unfortunately not. Some people have the Japanese version... and it's very similar to the original game. There's a couple added characters, and you can skip animations, but you still need to pass Bills to boost enemies, and there's not Cheat Shop. You can pass all 20 Stronger Enemy Bills in one go, but it's all or nothing - all twenty at once, or one at a time, which is much slower than the more recent titles.

37 minutes ago, SPAgain said:

Unfortunately not. Some people have the Japanese version... and it's very similar to the original game. There's a couple added characters, and you can skip animations, but you still need to pass Bills to boost enemies, and there's not Cheat Shop. You can pass all 20 Stronger Enemy Bills in one go, but it's all or nothing - all twenty at once, or one at a time, which is much slower than the more recent titles.

OK, didn't knew that the game was already out in Japan.

That sounds similar to Disgaea 3/4, a step back from Disgaea D2 and 5 for sure, but maybe if they had carried more stuff from the newer games it would make Disgaea 1 mechanics irrelevant?

8 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, didn't knew that the game was already out in Japan.

That sounds similar to Disgaea 3/4, a step back from Disgaea D2 and 5 for sure, but maybe if they had carried more stuff from the newer games it would make Disgaea 1 mechanics irrelevant?

Maybe. It just seems that the game is sticking pretty close to the original Disgaea 1, rather than, say, how the Vita ports changed 3/4, or how Disgaea D2 was. Though, Galactic Demons are replaced with Baciels, and it's the newer girl Thieves, not the old male Thieves, and possibly some other things.

Apparently, the few added characters were actually in Disgaea DS.

19 minutes ago, SPAgain said:

Maybe. It just seems that the game is sticking pretty close to the original Disgaea 1, rather than, say, how the Vita ports changed 3/4, or how Disgaea D2 was. Though, Galactic Demons are replaced with Baciels, and it's the newer girl Thieves, not the old male Thieves, and possibly some other things.

Apparently, the few added characters were actually in Disgaea DS.

Ok, those changes seam odd, so there's no one from the newer games? 

And the female thief is good! I always make sure to make her my main :lol: