Suggestion: Milestone/Level History User Comparisons

So I had a weird fever dream last night that included a thought about the way that many PSNP users diligently plan their milestone trophies.

Would it be desirable/possible to add functionality to see how many users share a trophy at a certain milestone?

For instance, I envisioned this appearing on hover over the milestone name: “XX other users were also awarded this as their 2,000th trophy”, which could then take you to a page listing those users. Potentially also from the Level History Page: “XX other users levelled up with this trophy”.

This thought extended in two other directions as well (so please let me know if they belong in their own suggestion threads)

• Site wide search for level up / milestone trophies (To answer, for instance, “How many PSNP users levelled up on receipt of an ultra rare platinum?”), or
  • Statistics for trophies (maybe added to each trophy’s individual page?) where we could see how many / which users levelled up or had a milestone on a given trophy.

I’ve no idea of the backend work involved in bringing this about, of course, and there may be privacy concerns as well. Thus, thoughts, criticisms, or being completely shot down are, naturally, welcome, but I’m interested to find out if anyone else has the same interest in this kind of comparison.

DJ

• Like 2

The stat seems kinda random to me. Milestones like 75th and 100th platinum makes a bit of sense to me and we have the opt-in threads on the forums which track that. But xth trophy and, even more so, level-up trophy seems arbitrary. There's a small amount of people that plan plat milestones and an even smaller amount of people that plan xth trophies :P 

I can't even get them to separate trophy milestones from platinum milestones, so I don't see anything like this ever happening. I'm not sure how meaningful it would be anyway. There are only a few players who plan out their milestones, and there are only a few trophies (mostly platinums of major titles) that are common milestones among those players. Even then, I think players are just trying to get those trophies as ANY milestone, not a specific one.

The only one that might be interesting is the 100th platinum. I think a lot of people plan that one out, even if they don't care about milestones. It might be kinda cool to see which game the most people want to display proudly on their profile as #100.

If I had to guess, it'd be either Persona 5 or My Name is Mayo.

17 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I can't even get them to separate trophy milestones from platinum milestones, so I don't see anything like this ever happening. I'm not sure how meaningful it would be anyway. There are only a few players who plan out their milestones, and there are only a few trophies (mostly platinums of major titles) that are common milestones among those players. Even then, I think players are just trying to get those trophies as ANY milestone, not a specific one.

The only one that might be interesting is the 100th platinum. I think a lot of people plan that one out, even if they don't care about milestones. It might be kinda cool to see which game the most people want to display proudly on their profile as #100.

If I had to guess, it'd be either Persona 5 or My Name is Mayo.

Close, mine was Persona 4 Golden.

17 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I'm one of those minority that even plan level up milestones (probably the only one tbh) xD Just adds a fun extra dimension to PlayStation gaming for me! I particularly like these as PSNP can't scrap it and change the system undoing all the effort, like they can and have with the generic system of milestones.

Hide contents

Iyla9k7.png

I agree though that most people wouldn't be interested in such a feature.

I think the resources would be better put towards implementing the option to toggle between the old system of milestones and the current ones as has been discussed in various threads.

Wow, that's impressive. I only plan trophy + plat milestones and that's quite some work sometimes. Don't want to imagine how much effort it takes to plan level up milestones :jaymon: .

• Like 1

Milestone planning adds a new dimension to trophy hunting but requires a lot of focus too.

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 0:39 PM, darkjian92 said:

For instance, I envisioned this appearing on hover over the milestone name: “XX other users were also awarded this as their 2,000th trophy”, which could then take you to a page listing those users. Potentially also from the Level History Page: “XX other users levelled up with this trophy”.

I suppose by clicking on users that share the same milestone you could see their profile and see if you share a similar taste in games. Could give you new ideas but the actual stat itself wouldn't interest me.

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 0:39 PM, darkjian92 said:
  • Site wide search for level up / milestone trophies (To answer, for instance, “How many PSNP users levelled up on receipt of an ultra rare platinum?”), or
  • Statistics for trophies (maybe added to each trophy’s individual page?) where we could see how many / which users levelled up or had a milestone on a given trophy.

I don't think many people would pay much attention to the first point. The second point is similar to the other point above, you might click on other users to see if you share the same taste in games but the stat itself I don't find interesting.

All in all for me, if those features were added, they're not something I'd ever pay any attention to I'm afraid.