National trophy Hunting Day Community Event! R2 - OVER

Beyondthegrave07

Would you like to participate?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for earning some trophies on Sept 22nd 2018?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I do not want to be in the drawing for U.S. PSN cards
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you like to volunteer to count trophies?

• Yes, I would love to help with the event!
    • No thanks!

4 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

You may have to do a new topic altogether. Since I already voted before the event started , it wont let me vote again for the new question.

Yes. I can't vote for the new question since I voted previously 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ibuki said:

Yes. I can't vote for the new question since I voted previously 

Okay, I'll get this fixed later. I may either create another topic or create an online survey via survey monkey.

@kingofbattle8174 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I want to focus a little bit on this. Would people be interested in custom emblems for earning 100 trophies or for being in the top 10 for the event? Would you actually use them in some way? @Dragon-Archon, I know you've had emblems for your events, who creates them for you or do you do it yourself?

Also, I will add a poll about the frequency of the event later today/tonight, so please stop by again to vote.

Good feedback so far from everyone. If anything else wants to be discussed, please throw it out there or PM me. 

That emblem thing would be cool, but make it into tiers, like the trophies (tier 1 - at least 1 trophy = hidden trophy, tier 2 - 25 trophies = bronze, 50 = silver, 75 = gold, 100+ platinum), but all would just be identical + the username except the platinum that would be a custom one. So everyone that contribute gets a trophy, but there's an extra incentive to get more than 1.

And extra custom trophies for the top 3, for a bit of a competitive flavor. 

As for using the emblems, I have a few hidden in my signature, but if I had figured how to costumise my profile page (like some people that have images in there), I would put them there. 

PS: I'm salty of everyone that got SO4 and Persona 5 Let's Play emblems (I Plat both before the events and can't really get another region copy of P5 and I don't have the time to Plat SO4 again on ps4 with my current backlog + free time). 

• Like 2

I agree with there not being any late sign ups. Odds are if you like the community or the site you will visit often. I may not post a whole lot but I do actually check the homepage everyday to get my latest gaming news. I used to use ps3t.org but this site is just better with keeping you in touch with special offers and a plethora of other things.

I would like to see added events for just badges. As the others would say just twice or thrice a year. A Christmas event would be awesome btw although I can already see somebody making that already since it's so obvious along with your general "what did you get for christmas" threads and such.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:39 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

1. What are your thoughts on on late sign ups on the day of the event? I have always had the stance that this is unfair to the people who plan for the event as people could just see this thread later in the day and vote in it because they earned a trophy and want a chance at a free card. I want to reward people who participate or commit to the event ahead of time as those are the people who deserve cards, not those who casually vote in the thread the day of, especially when I have the thread open for 3 WEEKS!

2. Would anyone be interested in having something like this more than once a year? @shadowhood1111 threw out this suggestion a few days ago, and I don't think it's necessarily a bad one IF there is interest. I can't constantly give out money, but I could team up with someone who is willing to make "emblems" to put into signatures as rewards. I would also probably need around 6-10 dedicated members who are willing to help with the additional events, and I don't know if it's there. I could set it up similar to this one and keep track of everyone's historic stats in the op, but I don't have time to count trophies every month or anything like that or even participate for that matter. If there is enough interest, maybe we can all find a way to make it happen, but it will require a lot of help from community. If the help and interest is there, we can make this (most likely) a quarterly event with the big finale on the fourth Saturday in September of each year just like the one we have now.

Thanks for hosting the event. Even though things didn't go as planned for me, I still enjoyed the event itself. Here's my feedback:

1. I'm indifferent towards this. Having the event thread up for 3 weeks might help, but there will always be people who want to sign up after the deadline has passed. I've seen that happen every year with the New Year's Contest.
  2. IMO once a year is fine with me.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:57 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I want to focus a little bit on this. Would people be interested in custom emblems for earning 100 trophies or for being in the top 10 for the event? Would you actually use them in some way? @Dragon-Archon, I know you've had emblems for your events, who creates them for you or do you do it yourself?

I create the emblems myself, except for the Star Ocean thread. I'd be willing to create emblems for next year's event. However, I'm a firm believer of having them available for every participant, so how about different tiers? Maybe something like gold for top 10, silver for >100 trophies, and bronze for at least 1 trophy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks for hosting the event. Even though things didn't go as planned for me, I still enjoyed the event itself. Here's my feedback:

1. I'm indifferent towards this. Having the event thread up for 3 weeks might help, but there will always be people who want to sign up after the deadline has passed. I've seen that happen every year with the New Year's Contest.
  2. IMO once a year is fine with me.

I create the emblems myself, except for the Star Ocean thread. I'd be willing to create emblems for next year's event. However, I'm a firm believer of having them available for every participant, so how about different tiers? Maybe something like gold for top 10, silver for >100 trophies, and bronze for at least 1 trophy?

I was actually thinking tiers as well. Maybe black (hidden trophy) for 1-24, bronze for 25-49, silver for 50-74, gold for 75-99, and platinum for 100+? Not sure what to do for the top 10 though.

Though I kinda like your tier system as well, but I think getting to 50 should at least be recognized as well.

33 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I was actually thinking tiers as well. Maybe black (hidden trophy) for 1-24, bronze for 25-49, silver for 50-74, gold for 75-99, and platinum for 100+? Not sure what to do for the top 10 though.

Though I kinda like your tier system as well, but I think getting to 50 should at least be recognized as well.

How about:

• :bronze: 1-49
  • :silver: 50-99
  • :gold: 100+
  • :platinum: top 10 
  • Like 1

BTW, I've gotten 14 responses on the survey and you are all over the place so far! xD The only thing that is affirmative is wanting emblems. I'm also hoping to at least have 25 people partake in the survey, or it's hard to get a good picture of what everyone else wants unless it's practically unanimous.

• Like 1

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I'm still getting over not winning...again (just kidding).  I think the event went well, good numbers all around.  It's always nice to beat the previous years record.  Well, congrats to the winners, hope everyone had fun, see y'all next year.

Edited by angelgrievous

20 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

BTW, I've gotten 14 responses on the survey and you are all over the place so far! xD The only thing that is affirmative is wanting emblems. I'm also hoping to at least have 25 people partake in the survey, or it's hard to get a good picture of what everyone else wants unless it's practically unanimous.

There's a survey??? Completely missed that :facepalm: . Filled it in.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

PS: I'm salty of everyone that got SO4 and Persona 5 Let's Play emblems (I Plat both before the events and can't really get another region copy of P5 and I don't have the time to Plat SO4 again on ps4 with my current backlog + free time). 

The time limit on all LP events has been removed, so everyone can obtain those LP awards now. Future LP threads (probably) won't have a time limit either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

What? 

So, I can post there and get the award, even if I got the platinum before the event started?

Yeah, it was a recent change due to so many events popping up. I thought this would be a good way for people to work on multiple events simultaneously instead of focusing on one and missing out on others. Creating the award is on hold for the moment due to technical difficulties, but once that's sorted out, the trophies will be delivered.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, it was a recent change due to so many events popping up. I thought this would be a good way for people to work on multiple events simultaneously instead of focusing on one and missing out on others. Creating the award is on hold for the moment due to technical difficulties, but once that's sorted out, the trophies will be delivered.

OK, thanks for the info. 

It's actually been quite a while since I last checked the Let's Play events (I was to play on Catherine, Miguel Souls and KH, but my lack of time and having other games taking my interest end up making me not joining or in the case of Catherine, play at all..). 

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, thanks for the info. 

It's actually been quite a while since I last checked the Let's Play events (I was to play on Catherine, Miguel Souls and KH, but my lack of time and having other games taking my interest end up making me not joining or in the case of Catherine, play at all..). 

Ok, LP Catherine will be open again starting February 14th, 2019 to coincide with the release of the PS4 version. And this time there will be trophies for both version ^_^ . Maybe that will convince you to give the game a try.

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, LP Catherine will be open again starting February 14th, 2019 to coincide with the release of the PS4 version. And this time there will be trophies for both version ^_^ . Maybe that will convince you to give the game a try.

Maybe.. 

I actually have the EU version in my backlog (the US one is the one I started in my profile) and plan to get the ps4 version, even if the plat remains out of my reach.. 

Now the problem is that I'm cleaning easier backlog + I have several priority games in my backlog too.. 

Still, it's a few months away, so we will see how it is by then, but I doubt that I will be done with DQ11 and Dark Cloud 2.. + Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 1 Complete and KH3... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Maybe.. 

I actually have the EU version in my backlog (the US one is the one I started in my profile) and plan to get the ps4 version, even if the plat remains out of my reach.. 

Now the problem is that I'm cleaning easier backlog + I have several priority games in my backlog too.. 

Still, it's a few months away, so we will see how it is by then, but I doubt that I will be done with DQ11 and Dark Cloud 2.. + Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 1 Complete and KH3... 

Lol, I feel your pain. Still have Tales of Berseria, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Fairy Fencer F, and Ys Origin in the backlog. Just bought KH2.8 collection yesterday. Then there's Spyro, KH3, and God Eater 3 that's coming soon.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol, I feel your pain. Still have Tales of Berseria, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Fairy Fencer F, and Ys Origin in the backlog. Just bought KH2.8 collection yesterday. Then there's Spyro, KH3, and God Eater 3 that's coming soon.

From all you listed, I still have KH2.8, Ys Origins, Fairy Dancer F and Besteria to start + Zisteria and KH2 to finish the plat.. 

And a lot more.. I think that I gave 30 ps3, 15-30 vita and 60+ PS4 games in my backlog not started yet, but that I want to eventually play... I just mentioned the few that I consider must play soon (I also have NnK2, but want to wait for all dlc before starting it, and there's also games that I will not focus at trophies for a while like Soul Calibur 6 and Red Dead Redemption 2.. +I want Valkyria Chronicles 4 + Persona dancing games + V-rally 4, but will need to wait a bit before I get those). 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

From all you listed, I still have KH2.8, Ys Origins, Fairy Dancer F and Besteria to start + Zisteria and KH2 to finish the plat.. 

And a lot more.. I think that I gave 30 ps3, 15-30 vita and 60+ PS4 games in my backlog not started yet, but that I want to eventually play... I just mentioned the few that I consider must play soon (I also have NnK2, but want to wait for all dlc before starting it, and there's also games that I will not focus at trophies for a while like Soul Calibur 6 and Red Dead Redemption 2.. +I want Valkyria Chronicles 4 + Persona dancing games + V-rally 4, but will need to wait a bit before I get those). 

That's a lot :o . I'm interested in Valkyria 4 too, but will probably wait until the backlog is reduced a bit before buying some games. I'm nearing plat #200, which is also going to be a time-consuming game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's a lot :o . I'm interested in Valkyria 4 too, but will probably wait until the backlog is reduced a bit before buying some games. I'm nearing plat #200, which is also going to be a time-consuming game.

OK, ya, I'm actually also waiting for price drop on VC4 (since there's no steelbook for it).