The Dragoon Descends trophy

Myu

I've been trying to get that trophy for a few hours now. I don't know if you guys found any kind of strategy to trigger Aranea's ally command at the very end of the battle. I had a couple of battles where the Highwind command popped several times, just not at the end, but I have also experienced many more battles with not a single ally command, be it from Aranea, Ignis or Prompto. There must be some kind of way to make it work?

Edit : as usual, when you come to complain on PSNP, the damn trophy unlocks!

Btw, I tried to go back to the beginning of the dungeon, just to see if it would change anything. It did absolutely nothing. Then I tried to switch the language to English and suddenly, Aranea decides to spam Highwind four times towards the end of the battle. Go figure.

I'm happy I managed to unlock that trophy. I hope people won't have as much trouble. :)

Edited by Myu

I loathe luck-based trophies. I actually defeated this boss at least ten times last night, with only two of those attempts giving me the option to use Highwind at the very end. Even worse, I appeared to be off from the kill by less than 1000 HP AFTER Highwind, because it only took another couple of hits each time to down the boss. How aggravating!!!

Edited by KenobiEagle

2 minutes ago, KenobiEagle said:

I loathe luck-based trophies. I actually defeated this boss at least ten times last night, with only two of those attempts giving me the option to use Highwind at the very end. Even worse, I appeared to be off from the kill by less than 1000 HP AFTER Highwind, because it only took another couple of hits each time to down the boss. How aggravating!!!

It happened to me too! There wasn't even any red left in the Quetz's health bar, Highwind appears, Aranea does her thing, I'm already celebrating just to realize a couple of seconds later that the Quetz is still alive. Then Ignis decides to come and help, one little hit and bam, end of the fight.

Let's just be happy that we only have this one trophy and not more because the Xbox version requires the same thing with Cor in a previous chapter.

Well, this is what I'm starting my day with today, so hopefully it won't be "hours" until the game decides to grace me with Technique prompts.

UPDATE: Just got it. Overall, I'd have to say it took me at least 25 attempts to earn this trophy. Generally speaking for those newcomers who come to this topic seeking tips, I would say that if you get halfway through the battle and see no prompts for Aranea's Highwind come up at any time, you should close out of the game and restart the battle anew. Otherwise, you'll literally just be wasting your time. Also, you must wait for its health bar to disappear completely (no red showing) before triggering Highwind, or else you'll end up in the situation described by us earlier in the thread, where it'll still be able to take another hit or two after Highwind. 

Walk tall, my friends.

Edited by KenobiEagle

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't got the trophy yet, but it seems that if Noctis's health is low, the game will prompt more Highwind opportunities, it basically does that every ten seconds.

The tricky part for me is to nail the timing, I've tried for like 15 times, but Aranea was always one step slower than Prompto and Ignis, maybe they were too overpowered (both lv.45), and sometimes Aranea missed the target when it was moving…

• 1 month later...

This trophy is complete garbage. Who designs a trophy like this? Took me 12-15 tries. Best advice I got for it was from MakoSolider which was to wait until the boss is around 5% or less then equip Ignis and Prompto with the worst weapons available. Then when the boss is at 1% or so run away and spam X hoping that Highwind pops up as an option. Took a while but it works.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 5:33 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Best advice I got for it was from MakoSolider which was to wait until the boss is around 5% or less then equip Ignis and Prompto with the worst weapons available. Then when the boss is at 1% or so run away and spam X hoping that Highwind pops up as an option. Took a while but it works.

Also, what I did so I didn't have to replay the chapter, once the result screen appears DO NOT PUSH "X", wait for the trophy to pop; if it doesn't, go to PS Menu and close and reload the game. That's useful as sometimes, even if you are able to cal for Highwind, the final hit is done just before or just after Highwind by Prompto or Ignis; so better to be save and wait for the trophy to appears... If not, reload through PS Menu ;-)

• 1 month later...

Absolute genius making trophies out of coordinating completely random events. 

Anyway I just did this and can confirm that the prompt will appear very frequently when you take a fair amount of damage so start intentionally taking damage at the tail end of the fight. A big shout out to the geniuses who put this trophy in the game and don't allow you to play any other chapters until you've completed the one you're already on. Really not tedious or a waste of fucking time at all. 

Edited by LunchCannon54
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/2/2018 at 0:33 PM, Rebourne07 said:

This trophy is complete garbage. Who designs a trophy like this? Took me 12-15 tries. Best advice I got for it was from MakoSolider which was to wait until the boss is around 5% or less then equip Ignis and Prompto with the worst weapons available. Then when the boss is at 1% or so run away and spam X hoping that Highwind pops up as an option. Took a while but it works.

After about 5 failed attempts, I got the trophy after reading this. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This trophy is absolute garbage, the game was pretty mediocre overall but this is just pure shit.

I don't even know how it's possible, the boss is at 0% and it does not die from her attack then Ignis just pokes it and it dies. I've been doing this garbage for 3 hours, I'm going insane 

Finally got like an hour after complaining, it was shitty, I'm glad to be done with the game 

Edited by Ennlocke