Trophy Thoughts?

MustafaTR-07

19 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Yes, it's obtainable and it's better than 2K18.  Still a bit of a grind, though.  The :silver: Undefeated is going to be a pian, though.  I'm going to try and knock that one out within the first few weeks.

What about  :gold: Infinity   and   :silver: G.O.A.T.   trophies?  

GOAT collection rank sounds like it'd require you to own most, if not all, of the MyTEAM player cards? Sounds like it could be the cash cow trophy of this installment possibly? I could be wrong though.

@Potent_Delusions those trophies aren't challenging, though.  The GOAT collection has always been in the games.  It's just for a trophy this year.  @stitchesnscars You're going to have to win 12 in a row on MyTeam online to get that card, it seems.  I think it's best to do it now because the good content isn't out yet.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

@Potent_Delusions those trophies aren't challenging, though.  The GOAT collection has always been in the games.  It's just for a trophy this year. 

True. Any idea what the GOAT collection rank entails? Is it comparable to "There's more?" from 2K15 or will it be way less expensive? 

Despite not playing the games I find their trophy lists oddly fascinating. 

Only played 2K16 (free on PSPlus) which was a grindy but not overly difficult platinum despite so many warning how hard it was.

This list looks very similar.  I need to get another 2K hoops game but the backlog struggle is real.  Hoping 2K20 has a similar trophy list and I can jump back in.  Very solid games and I really enjoyed the MyTeam mode where you will be spending a lot of your time.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

@Potent_Delusions those trophies aren't challenging, though.  The GOAT collection has always been in the games.  It's just for a trophy this year.  @stitchesnscars You're going to have to win 12 in a row on MyTeam online to get that card, it seems.  I think it's best to do it now because the good content isn't out yet.

I havent played these in years and didn't have my hopes that high on platting it but thanks for the heads up. Winning a game is difficult enough for me going on a winstreak is near impossible (for me at least) ill just go for a completion rate of 70% or higher and just enjoy the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blazhead said:

For you what difficulty and Time please ( i Never play NBA )

For unexperienced players/newcomers, the :gold:Perfection trophy will be very hard. 

As far as I know, the "Play now" online mode is like a league play where you play 10 matches and depending on how you do...you get promoted to the next division, stay in the same division, or get demoted if you do poorly. You have to keep being promoted through the ranks in order to reach the top division ("Greatest of all time") and then win 10/10 games here to get the trophy, playing against pretty much the season veterans and better/best players on the game. Reaching the top division is hard enough for new players as the requirements to get promoted get more and more strict as you advanced e.g. (the division before the top division may require you to win 9/10 games to advance, I don't know but i'm guessing).

An easy enough trophy for vets but a real plat blocker for noobs/newcomers.

• Like 2

Perfection is rather easily boostable if it was like previous installments.  You don’t have to win all 10 games in Div 1.  You can take a lesser tier 3 team and get 3 points for a single win meaning you only have to win 4 out of 10 games.   So you can go for this legit or boost, whichever you prefer.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

That trophy is not going to be the breaker.  Undefeated is, which can't be boosted.

Seems like it would be boostable in the sense that UFC was boostable.  May just have to create multiple accounts to match up against, if the trophy is worth it to you.  Not sure if you need PS Plus to play online though?  I know it worked for people in UFC with dummy accounts.

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Seems like it would be boostable in the sense that UFC was boostable.  May just have to create multiple accounts to match up against, if the trophy is worth it to you.  Not sure if you need PS Plus to play online though?  I know it worked for people in UFC with dummy accounts.

No, it's not.  UFC isn't NBA 2K

Just now, grimydawg said:

No, it's not.  UFC isn't NBA 2K

great explanation.  why wouldn't the same method work?  Not saying it would but wondering why not?  Would need PS Plus on each dummy account?  Can't match up with boost buddy without backing out and losing the mtach?

9 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

@djb5f Bingo.  You actually have to win 12 games in a row.  Otherwise, you're going to take a loss.  It's been that way the last few years on MyTeam.

so you are saying you can't find a way to match up with the opponent you want before the point of no return?  Most games you can back out before entering the point of no return if you are matched up with someone you don't want to play.  Even if it does not have their psn id, you can tell who it is by other clues (roster, etc.).

Edited by djb5f

28 minutes ago, djb5f said:

so you are saying you can't find a way to match up with the opponent you want before the point of no return?  Most games you can back out before entering the point of no return if you are matched up with someone you don't want to play.  Even if it does not have their psn id, you can tell who it is by other clues (roster, etc.).

You can't boost the MyTeam online.  I told you it's been that way for the last two years.  You're going to take a loss if you back out.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2018 at 0:15 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

For unexperienced players/newcomers, the :gold:Perfection trophy will be very hard. 

As far as I know, the "Play now" online mode is like a league play where you play 10 matches and depending on how you do...you get promoted to the next division, stay in the same division, or get demoted if you do poorly. You have to keep being promoted through the ranks in order to reach the top division ("Greatest of all time") and then win 10/10 games here to get the trophy, playing against pretty much the season veterans and better/best players on the game. Reaching the top division is hard enough for new players as the requirements to get promoted get more and more strict as you advanced e.g. (the division before the top division may require you to win 9/10 games to advance, I don't know but i'm guessing).

An easy enough trophy for vets but a real plat blocker for noobs/newcomers.

Think if we can boost is not really hard, but i need more information for the moment, wait and see ^^

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Guess I’ll post it here: is 2K19 any good? It’s currently on sale for $30 on the PSN and was wondering if it was worth that price? 

This question's answer is both yes and no.

Yes, if you love basketball games and even if you have earlier games of 2K, this game series made a huge improvement in all game modes with 2K19.

No, if you just go for trophies. NBA games always had problems with them past and nothing changed this year as you can see 0 platinum achievers in this site.