PS VITA Wi-Fi help

Zippyhammer

Hello, I just got myself a second hand Vita. And I'm not having any luck getting it connected to the Wi-Fi

The issue is, that it does not show the list of Access Points after I turn the Wi-Fi on.

If I exit the the settings and enter again, the Wi-Fi is off again.

If I try to use WPS I get error NW-8915-3 and then it turns the wi-fi off again

trying to introduce the Access point manually shows up the error NW-3650-4

Playstation.com doesn't show anything if I type in the error codes.

I tried doing a system restore, nothing.

I tried to update the console using an USB cord on the PC, it updated, but I keep having the same issue

I don't know where to ask anymore...

• Turn OFF Power save settings ---> "use Wi-fi in Power Save Mode" Importance level: Over 9000.
  • In your wi-fi routers settings, change your security setting to "WPA2 / AES". Absolutely no TKIP, force AES and AES only. Importance level: Very.

have you tried any of this?  I would if you haven't.

also, have you checked the turn of wifi setting automatically box in the wifi settings menu?  try that also.

youtube tutorial on how to check the box.

Edited by angelgrievous

1 hour ago, angelgrievous said:
  • Turn OFF Power save settings ---> "use Wi-fi in Power Save Mode" Importance level: Over 9000.
  • In your wi-fi routers settings, change your security setting to "WPA2 / AES". Absolutely no TKIP, force AES and AES only. Importance level: Very.

have you tried any of this?  I would if you haven't.

also, have you checked the turn of wifi setting automatically box in the wifi settings menu?  try that also.

youtube tutorial on how to check the box.

I tried all of that.

And that box is not available to me

1 hour ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Here's a Chinese thread about the same issue. Have you tried the suggestion of the last post? http://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-4751991-1-1.html

"Restart the wireless router
Delete the saved SSID that you want to connect to and search again.
Connect and enter the wifi password..."

I don't have any SSID because they just don't appear at all. The wi-fi butoon unchecks by itself all the time.

The little wi-fi icon thats supposed to appear at the top left corner never appears, only the bluetooth icon

and to make things worse, in my system information I don't even have a MAC adress. I don't know if this means that the console's Wi-Fi card is completely fried or it just means I have never conected to the internet ever since I system restored it.

Right now I'm just trying to find tech support near my area, not having much luck so far

Based on the information, it sounds as if that VITA’s wireless adapter may have, in fact, crossed over to the next world. That’d be a bummer.

If you bought the system used and it’s got a few years on its back (meaning that you’d have to repair it yourself or pay for repairs in full, sadly), you might want to try and take a sneak peek inside (if you’re confident) to make sure that there’s no further/visible damage caused by the previous owner, no water damage, loose clips or loose flex cables/Wi-Fi antenna.