Should I get PS4 Slim or Pro for my birthday?

Alantor32

Had the Pro model for a year now, no overheating issues and no issues in general.

I play on 1080P monitor and can still see advantages compared to my brother's old fat model. (4K downsampling, higher fps etc ofc not in all games)

Sure it can be a bit louder when playing intense games at 4K but it's still just fine.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Not necessarily. Some games allow you to pick a higher frame rate instead of a higher resolution which obviously benefits people without 4K TV's. Hell, I have a 4K TV and I'll pick frame rate over resolution every time. Supersampling is now a thing at the system level, so even if a game is rendering at a resolution higher than what your TV can support, it will still look sharper than a 1080p image from a base/slim PS4. There's also Boost Mode which can improve a game's frame rate and what not even if it doesn't outright support the PS4 Pro. Faster loading times on the Pro too.

So yeah, the benefits of a Pro are more obvious if you have a 4K TV, but there are still plenty of reasons to get a Pro even if you don't have one.

Exactly what you said.  Like SnizelPS, I'm also using mine on a 1080p TV & still see a difference.

MMX20, I'd take the Pro.

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

If you already have a PS4 and it still runs, it's not worth it to purchase another one (being it a slim or a pro). :)

You're right, I already have a PS4, but it's a OG one. Still, maybe I should wait until next year to get a PS4 Pro.

Well considering the slim is like $100 less than the pro I think getting the pro is a much more viable choice, since it's a slightly faster console and if you don't have a 4K TV now, you could always have the console ready to go when you eventually do, and take advantage of the 4K benefits with the pro.