Possible solution to avoid bugged Cartographer trophy

Leeeoom

UPDATE: Trophy is fixed as of patch 1.02.

tl;dr, purchase your last map from Iselda and not from Cornifer.

As most of you are now aware, one of the trophies is missable in the sense that it's bugged and that trophy is Cartographer. The biggest question is how to avoid the bugged trophy.

Upon seeing the trophy pop for my friend when he bought his last map from Iselda, I had a theory that the only way to avoid the bugged trophy is to make sure for your last map purchase, it must be from Iselda and NOT from Cornifer.

Here is a run I did when my last three maps were Howling Cliffs, Fog Canyon, and Queen's Garden:

1. I backed up my save at the bench on Howling Cliffs.
  2. I approached Cornifer and spoke with him at Howling Cliffs, but did not buy the map.
  3. I went back to Dirtmouth and purchased the Howling Cliffs map from Iselda.
  4. I then went to Fog Canyon and Queen's Garden and purchased the last two maps from Cornifer, no trophy.

For my next run, I did the following:

1. I reloaded back the backed up save.
  2. I approached Cornifer and spoke with him at Howling Cliffs, but did not buy the map.

3. I bought the Fog canyon and Queens Garden maps from Cornifer.

4. Once I got those two maps, I went back to Iselda and purchased the Howling Cliffs from her, trophy unlocked.

If possible, I would like some people to help me test this theory by backing up your save when you have two maps left.

For your first run, do not purchase a map from Iselda and purchase straight from Cornifer. If the trophy pops, then my theory is already busted. However, if the trophy doesn't pop, then my theory continues to hold up.

For your second run, purchase one map from Cornifer and purchase your last map from Iselda. If the trophy pops after doing the first run, then my theory is confirmed.

I hope this helps people.

Edited by Leonmyster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

I didn't bother testing if you can't get the trophy from buying your last map from Cornifer, but I can confirm that I got the trophy after buying my last map from Iselda. I highly doubt it matters, but my last map was the Fog Canyon.

My last map was Deepnest, so apparently as long as you buy your last map from Iselda you should be good.

• 2 months later...