Real-name Requests

bigrake1

I don't even like that PS4 asks. I remember setting up my profile on the PS4 and all these questions that I felt were an invasion of privacy. I remember commenting that Playstation was try g to be the next Facebook... And then it asked for a Facebook login. 

I didn't even join Facebook until a few years ago, and that was only because my husband pressured me to do it because his family does their event invitations on Facebook. When I set it up I locked it down to the most severe privacy settings, didn't give it permissions to do anything, and when it's all said and done and decides to recommend friends to connect with the absolute first name on the list? My abusive stalker ex. 

NOPE.

• Like 1

Don't like 'em.  I've been getting a few of these requests lately and gotta reject them outright.  I'm just here to game.  Not get all chummy with people I barely know.  Plus, mixing online and real life complicates things too much for me.  I need that balance.  Anyway, it's not like they'd see much anyway since I just use my ID initials.

• Like 3

I don't really mind them but I don't accept friend requests from random people anymore and I've just deleted 100 people and down to about 20 because I never talk to or play with them and makes inviting people to parties or games a pain, having to scroll. Anyway my name is a little generic and I'm not on any social media except psnp, facebook and youtube comments occasionally and I don't think there's anything out there I don't want people to see. And anyway people at work or school can easily find your full name and stalk you and are a lot more likely to than strangers on the internet (unless your like a well known youtuber or something) so there's that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to only use Real Name with people I know IRL so then if I do add people from random PS4 encounters or like for trophy boosting etc I can differentiate between people I know and people I don't without trying to figure out where I might know someone from when I don't recognise the name haha

• Like 1