How to get the "Jumped In" trophy after the servers shutdown

Dante_MS

On 10/8/2018 at 2:59 PM, Dante_MS said:

@Bobble_DD The server is the same for both games - sr3.hydra.agoragames.com.

At "IP Address Setting" choose "Automatic" unless you have specific settings for your network. A few steps further there will be a different setting dedicated solely to DNS.

Hello Dante, 

I am trying to do this, but on Xbox instead of PlayStation. I am assuming that the server name is different, but don't know where to find it. Where did you find the server name? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Best,

Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Dante_MShi friend thank you so much for this post, I have a doubt. I was trying this method yesterday with the German version of saints row, I did all the steps in the post, but I can't sign in into psn, am I doing something wrong? Thank you so much in advance for your help 

37 minutes ago, bani24j said:

@Dante_MShi friend thank you so much for this post, I have a doubt. I was trying this method yesterday with the German version of saints row, I did all the steps in the post, but I can't sign in into psn, am I doing something wrong? Thank you so much in advance for your help 

Hi. If you're getting an error 80710102, then you most likely did something wrong, either at step 3 or step 10. Also, in case of a wireless connection of both a PC and a console, make sure that AP Isolation on a router is disabled.

Edited by Dante_MS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @Mochawl. I never owned Xbox 360, so I can't say for sure, but I watched a couple of videos, and it appears that on X360 you have to log in into your THQ account in order to upload a character, what, I suppose, you can't do anymore. We tried to do it with one guy and didn't success.

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Mochawl said:

couldn’t you just bypass the sign in by clicking B? And then proceed to cause the freeze? 

I don't think there is such an option. What happens after you press "Continue" at the initial message?

Some people have a THQ account previously made before the shutdown so I guess you could still enter a valid username

It doesn't matter if a server with an account database is down.

Is the DNS input the same for PS3 and Xbox? I just wasn’t sure from the previous posts and it could have caused an error

I'm sure that a PC version uses the same server - sr3.hydra.agoragames.com, but I don't know about X360.

Again, I can only speculate on how the game works on X360.

I just watched a video for the PS3, and I assume you have to enter your email before into the character gallery right? The window was shown to say log into saints row:

From what I remember, on PS3 you didn't have to enter anything.

Edited by Dante_MS

19 minutes ago, Mochawl said:

How do I read the DNS logs? 

The "Active Log" tab in the main window of Simple DNS.

On the PS3, you are able to not sign in your email and continue to the character gallery?

I played SR3 when the servers were up and I can't remember any sign in forms. All you had to do is to link your PSN account to a THQ account on their site.

In the video you linked there are no forms as well.

Edited by Dante_MS