What run button is better? And should you always be running?

Hvalpen

I think i used square and the analog stick. Some people prefer the directional buttons but i found it easier the other way around.

you should have the run button pressed most of the time except for certain well placed jumps where its best to let go of it so you dont jump too high/far.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

use square for more precision; every pixel & every millisecond counts. the time it takes to squeeze the R2 trigger is time that can cost you dearly in the more intensive lvls...

for movement, i used both D-pad and analog. I think it was because wall-jumping was easier with the analog, or something like that

I used the R button on Vita, however I had to use the L button when I went for "Impossible Boy" as I thought the R button was kind of loose.

If you can use R1 to run, use it unless you feel more comfortable with Square. I don't remember if could use Square to run on Vita, but at least on Vita Square and X (jump) buttons are too close, this makes no-death runs more difficult.

Edited by Deceptrox

I used both (square up through Zombie Boy & R2 for Girl/Impossible Boy).  I think both work fine.  I'd recommend just using whatever feels more comfortable for you.  If one way is starting to bother your thumb or finger, go ahead and switch it up.  Although, if you've got things practiced one way, you may want to just continue through that no death run before switching if you feel you're close to getting it.

You should generally be running unless you've got a reason not to.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...