For anyone having trouble with Pantheon 5

EightBitArtist

3 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Is not possible at all save you need to do 42 boss without save or anything? *_*

I haven't actually tried but I assume every bench you can sit down then quit the game. If not then you can put into rest mode. To test this, you can go through pantheon 1 and get to the bench then quit.

7 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Is not possible at all save you need to do 42 boss without save or anything? *_*

3 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

I haven't actually tried but I assume every bench you can sit down then quit the game. If not then you can put into rest mode. To test this, you can go through pantheon 1 and get to the bench then quit.

you cant save at all. benches are used to change up your charms if you want. you must defeat all 40+ bosses in one sitting. if you die, you start over from the beginning.

if you sit at a bench and quit game, when you restart the game you are no longer in the pantheon.

Edited by EightBitArtist
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

you cant save at all. benches are used to change up your charms if you want. you must defeat all 40+ bosses in one sitting. if you die, you start over from the beginning.

if you sit at a bench and quit game, when you restart the game you are no longer in the pantheon.

Damn i hate this thing is hard as hell? Or is doable? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:39 AM, EightBitArtist said:

just wanted to put it out there as help for anyone going for this trophy. this trophy was hell for me as i always seem to choke somewhere so i wanted to give what tips i came across to help everyone out.

- firstly practice in the hall of gods. anytime i did pantheon 5 and i died to a boss, i went back and made sure i can beat the attuned version of that boss 3 times in a row before going back to try again. pattern recognition is key.

- try to complete 8 nail bindings to unlock the blue health in the hot spring sections. i just did the first 8 in pantheon 1 and 2, 1 at a time. if you can do more, great. more blue health unlock at 12 and 16 completed bindings.

- i found muting the music helped (especially with absolute radiance) so i can hear what sound que happened to anticipate what attack is coming.

- for load outs i used: fragile/unbreakable strength, quick focus, deep focus (quick cancels deeps longer heal time) and nailmasters glory (equipped this specifically for markoth). after beating nightmare king grimm, i switched to the set up of: fragile/unbreakable strength, fragile/unbreakable heart, mark of the pride and shaman stone (since youll be spamming abyss shriek on absolute radiance)

- during the story i also didnt save Zote which means you wont fight him in pantheon 5. big help there as he is one of the most annoying bosses.

- during the Failed Champion fight, make sure to hit him with the dream nail when stunned (and dead) to fill up your soul gauge to max for NKG.

- during absolute radiance when youre climbing up on the platforms, i found it best to double jump away from the platform youre aiming for then dash to it. i consistently made it up to the final phase of the fight using that technique rather than just double jumping.

and my last bit of advice is if youre getting frustrated and youre not making progress, put the game down for a few days. when i was pissed i wasnt focusing and itll go downhill from there.

hope this helps even just one person out there. while its not super meat boy hard, pantheon 5 sure is a tough one to complete!

You could write a platinum guide for us =)

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to thank you for the tip on Absolute Radiance. I was struggling a little with that section until I read your tip (I could make it slowly but would often screw it up with nerves), it worked like a charm every single time :) Of course I still died in the next section often (when I actually reached it) but at least I no longer died in the climbing section! So, thank you! :)

I also agree with your other tips too (I saved Zote. I have regrets.), especially practicing in the Hall of Gods. The Attuned versions are great to practice for Pantheon 5, as they give you the updated arenas that you’ll need practice in. First time I fought Markoth in P5 I died because there was no floor >_< regretted not practicing his Attuned version first, as I ended up wasting that run as a result. And some others have Arena changes that can catch you off guard too if you’ve never faced them before.

For anyone like me who saved Zote - honestly the best approach I found to him was just to kill him ASAP, to limit the number of hits he can get on you. I literally just spammed him with attacks. Took 3 hits but I take way more if I try and fight him properly. Obviously more skilled people than me can probably avoid him better but spamming worked for me.

My charm setup was just max damage, for the whole Pantheon. Fragile/Unbreakable Strength, Mark of Pride, Quick Slash, and Soul Catcher. Most of my damage came from just regular attacks (I always forget to use Nail Aers) with the occasional spell for some bosses. I figured the sooner a boss was down the less opportunity there was for me to die. It worked for me, though there were some risky moments.

• Like 1

yeah this is what's keeping me from getting that platinum. it took around 3 days for me to master Pure Vessel and beat Pantheon 4. Now, NKG is my main problem but it's been a little while since I've tried so maybe I've started to remember what he was like instead of my expectations of what he would be like. Might be easier now

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I simply do not have the finger dexterity to do this, I struggle on Markoth and if I manage to get past him Nightmare Grim Troupe is my wall. Even if I beat him I gotta do vessel who I've beat all of two times barely.

So anyone wanna do this for me on shareplay? It drives me mad having a game at basically 99% completion.

On 9.10.2019 at 4:30 PM, CrystalCynders said:

I simply do not have the finger dexterity to do this, I struggle on Markoth and if I manage to get past him Nightmare Grim Troupe is my wall. Even if I beat him I gotta do vessel who I've beat all of two times barely.

So anyone wanna do this for me on shareplay? It drives me mad having a game at basically 99% completion.

How long have you been at it? It practiced Absolute Radiance for around 5 hours and took me 2 hours to beat her for the first time. I also practiced NKG and Pure Vessel for another 5 hours and all other bosses around three hours, plus a couple of hours of attempts at the Pantheon. It's nothing that can be done without practice and putting in the time. Just keep at it, practice the bosses in the Hall of Gods and attempt the pantheon from time to time. 

Markoth is the worst boss, you're not alone there. But NKG has little RNG and with some practice you should be able to kill it every single time almost without being hit. Same with PV. Markoth and Absolute Radiance, however... ?

Edited by Arcesius

• 10 months later...

I completed the Pantheon of Hallownest yesterday and I would like to share the build I used: fragile/unbreakable strength, quick focus, deep focus, grubsong. I haven't seen this build mentioned often and I find It strange because this charms set up is kinda OP. Fights will take a bit longer compared to full nail set up and full caster but the ability to heal two masks at normale healing speed is crazy strong and the majority of bosses give you plenty of opportunities to do so. Even against Absolute Radiance, you can heal during phase 1,2, after phase 3, during phase 4 and at the beginning of phase 5 (the climbing). This build allows you to be more aggressive (grubsong complement this style well) against a lot of the filler bosses and gives you more room for error against harder bosses; you still have to learn very well NKG, PV and of course AR and at least know how to fight stuff like Sly, dream bosses and Markoth. With this build I completed the 5th pantheon during my second run after practicing AR, this set up feels like """""easy mode""""".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Second time playing this masterpiece, PS4 port was amazing. Grubsong is legit 100% necessary for PoH. Also, take your time with bosses, focus on dodging and only trying to get 1 mask of heal in. PoH becomes trivial with enough practice. Alternatively, the build in the post above pretty much guarantees you'll be at full health going into the harder end fights if you've gotten enough practice with all the bosses. 

Edited by The_Great_Wumbo